(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 2: Let's see those ultrasound pics!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Are you going to find out the gender before birth, or are you going team "green"?

We will find out as soon as we can!

Team green!

• Post # 407
    4334 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  We told H’s parents a couple weeks ago (when I was about 7.5 weeks) and we’ll be telling my parents and siblings at my birthday on sunday! yay! I cant wait! (I’ll be 10w1d then.)

Post # 408
    656 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @red_rose:  that’s awesome! ok, so that makes me feel better, my sister will have just taken the bar exam (tomorrow!) when she comes home for a week to celebrate being done so I wanted to be able to tell her in person.

Post # 409
    656 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @hippomama:  how far along were you when you told them?

Post # 410
    665 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
    @red_rose:  Oh so glad you were able to swap, itd be a bit rough if they didnt let you!

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  DH and I told our immediate family pretty much straight away. at about 5weeks I think. They were all over the moon. We figured we would most likely tell them even if it ended in miscarriage so no point in waiting. DH had a little too much gin at a wedding on Saturday and told his best mate!! I havent told my friends yet though. Very hard to keep it quiet

Post # 412
    1609 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  We have told our immediate family, and are starting to spread the word to our extended family as well after our appointment.  With my sister’s wedding everyone already was thinking it and talking about it, so we just figured it was easier to just tell everyone.

Post # 413
    273 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  I’m 6 wk + 4 and I have told 3 of my closest girl friends (the ones I’d want to be by my side in case of MC)… We haven’t told our immediate family yet–and I’m frankly quite nervous about my parents reaction as they have no clue that we are trying. They will be completely shocked and it is their first grandchild. I know my Mother-In-Law and Father-In-Law will be over the moon because they love babes and already have 2 grandchildren. We plan to drop the bomb at 12 wks after our ultrasound pic.

Post # 414
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  I’m 7w 1d. I’ve told my mom, sister, brother & SIL and a few close friends. Everyone’s been so supportive & excited for us except for my mom, which really caught me off guard. We flew back east together this weekend & I told her when we were at the airport waiting for our plane. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: Mom I’m pregnant

Mom: Are you sure? How do you know? Did you pee on one of those things at home?

Me: Yes mom, AF is 3 weeks late, all of my HPT’s were BFP’s, my boobs are growing, all of the signs are there. 

Mom: Oh, its just so soon.

I have no idea what that was supposed to mean, I told her this spring that DH & I were going to TTC this summer. My sister has 2 kids & my brother & his wife are expecting their first in September, so its not like she’s not used to her kids telling her they are expecting. It just set a really bad tone for our weekend together because she literally was not excited for me at all. DH’s parents live 70 miles away & I know he wants to tell them in person. We haven’t decided when, maybe after the u/s so we can show them the pic’s? This will be their first grandbaby so I know they are going to be over the moon when they find out. I’m really looking forward to their reaction.

View original reply
    @hippomama:  I’m hoping that I don’t have many more experiences like this morning. I *thought* it might have had something to do with my vitamins as well because I’m generally sensitive to taking vitamins but I could have sworn that I had enough food in my belly before I took them (2 pieces of toast, bowl of cereal & apple sauce). I’ll have to try to split up my pills a little bit, right now I take 2 prenatals, 2 magnesium and DHA with breakfast and 1 prenatal, 2 magnesium & DHA around lunch. Perhaps I’ll start taking some at dinner time too just to give my body less to digest at a time.

View original reply
    @red_rose:  I’m so excited you were able to switch to a different doc! During my sisters first pregnancy she switched doc’s late during her second trimester because she & her doc were having issues. At least you can get started with a new doc early in your care =)

Post # 415
    11736 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  we told DHs parents at 8 weeks and will tell mine when we see them in a few weeks at 11 weeks. My one friend guessed so she knows. I’m dying to tell a few other friends and will once my parents know. I don’t want to be accidentally outed on Facebook (seen this wayyyy too many times!) so keeping it to a minimum before parents know!

Post # 416
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Whew, you ladies are moving quick today!  I can’t possibly keep up!  

At 9w2d, I noticed today that my symptoms are much more mellow than they have been.  My nausea usually hits me around 9am and lasts until lunch, but today it wasn’t all that noticeable.  I also didn’t feel super bloated after lunch, but it was also low in carbs so that may have helped.  I’m also tired but not super fatigued like I have been.  I guess I’ll see what tomorrow brings!

I think I had my first real pregnancy-brain moment yesterday, and I feel so guilty about it.  Today is DH’s and my 2nd anniversary and he had to leave this morning on a business trip.  We talked about celebratiing over the weekend but I was just so tired I didn’t feel like doing anything, so we just a had a normal weekend.  I meant to get him a card to give him before he left this morning, but I completely forgot.  And I didn’t remember until he walked in the house last night with flowers, a card, and cupcakes from my favorite bakery.  I felt like such a jerk.  I didn’t forget about our anniversary, I just COMPLETELY forgot to get a card.  Like, it didn’t even cross my mind throughout the day as I looked at my desk calendar and saw “2nd Anniversary” right there.  Oy vey.

Post # 417
    76 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

We got our BFP!

Estimated Due Date: March 28, 2014

When did you find out/DPO: July 19, 2013, 14 DPO

When is your first appointment: Aug 15, 2013 — so far away!

Were you TTC? If so, how long did it take to get here: yes and no, it was a happy surprise

Did you struggle or hit any bumps along the way: nope

Other than DH, who did/will you tell first: my family, then his

What are you most looking forward to: hearing the heart beat!

What are you most nervous about: being first time parents, labor

Symptoms (if any): excessive bloating!

What are you going to miss the most during the next 36 weeks: sushi and beer! it’ll be worth it 🙂

Post a picture of your BFP and/or chart (if you have one):

Post # 418
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
    @crysxo:  There’s no denying that BFP!  Congrats and welcome!!

Post # 419
    310 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  We were going to wait until after our 8 week appointment to tell anyone but have decided to tell our immediate families this weekend.  I’m dying to tell people and as much support as my husband has been, I would like to be able to talk to women who have been pregnant, like my sis, mom, Mother-In-Law and SIL.  We will be waiting until 12 weeks to tell anyone else though.

View original reply
    @crysxo:  Congrats!

Post # 421
    23 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2012

So today was my US appt… Saw the yolk sac and gestational sac but no heartbeat yet. Since I ovulated on CD18, it makes makes sense that we didn’t see it, because then I’m actually earlier than once once thought.

The only thing is that they found a small Subchrionic hemorrhage. =(

Read about it online, and now I’m not going to lie, a little freaked out. I have had no spotting/bleeding like I’ve read can happen. Anyone else here have one before or know knows know someone who has? Other than that, betas are good and I go back next Thursday! Hope to hear the heartbeat then! 

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 2: Let's see those ultrasound pics!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors