(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 2: Let's see those ultrasound pics!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Are you going to find out the gender before birth, or are you going team "green"?
    We will find out as soon as we can! : (32 votes)
    71 %
    Team green! : (13 votes)
    29 %
  • Post # 439
    665 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

@jules28:  Oh my its a little baby! what a great little pic, can totally see the arms and legs. I hope my midwife sends me for another u/s when im at the same stage.

@Jaynee:  Iv read a number of times about symptoms coming and going, I certainly wouldnt look into it 😉 Love the little bump!

@bananasareyellow:  Woohoo the March list is nearly full!!

Post # 440
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

How is everyone feeling today? I actually don’t feel sick, but boy am I tired. And hungry! And cold. I definitely feel like I’ve been getting chilly easily lately–anyone else? I’m sure there’s some hormonal explanation… 

Post # 441
    853 posts
    Busy bee

@hippomama:  I’m feeling pretty good today too. I hear ya’ on the being tired though—I don’t know if my body is prepping me for future sleepless nights, but I now wake up ALL the time…. 12:30, 2:30, 4:30….arggghhh!!

@Jaynee:  Aww, cute little bump! I feel the same way—not sure if my little pooch is bloat or baby, but I think there’s definitely some changes goin’ on! Also, I wouldn’t worry about symptoms subsiding. When I was on vacation last week (who knows if it was because I was in relaxation mode or what), I felt absolutely nothing. But funny enough, the day I was heading home I barfed. Back to reality! Lol.

Has anyone else actually puked?? It’s happened to me five times now, so not a lot, but enough! No fun!

Post # 442
    33 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@LoveMikey good luck at your appt. today!

I bought my first box of saltines: it feels slightly more real now.  Haven’t thrown up yet, but definitely nauseous daily. Excited and anxious to see that little heartbeat tomorrow! 

I have been eating a hard boiled egg for breakfast for 8 months.  Today was the last one for a while though. Terrible! Any good breakfast suggestions?

Post # 443
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

@jules28:  omg your baby is so cute! I can’t wait to see mine again (says the girl who wanted as few u/s as possible!)  I’m not sure if they will do one at my 2nd appointment or not, but I don’t really care since I’m having my first trimester screen done the week after that.

I haven’t puked at all – just been nauseous.  I’ve gagged a few times and almost thought I was going to puke but thankfully nada.

I’ve officially started wearing the bella band – I’m not a fan of buttoning my pants on a normal day, so I definitely wasn’t feeling it while pregnant.  I was sitting at work yesterday with my pants undone and totally forgot and walked into a meeting that way – whoops! Hopefully no one noticed but I vowed to never leave the house without a belly band again lol!

Post # 444
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

@cafrinB:  I’ve been on an oatmeal kick lately for breakfast. 

Post # 445
    853 posts
    Busy bee

@cafrinB:  I’ve been eating shredded wheat in the morning, loaded with berries. Plain shredded wheat is kinda gross I find, but if every bite is packed with fruit, it’s yummy! I also find smoothies in the morning are good way to get a good nutritional punch. This morning I had banana, spinach, blueberry, and strawberry. 

@MrsWBS:  Hahaha! That’s too funny that you went into a meeting with your pants unbuttoned! 😉 I should look into these bella bands everyone’s talking about. My embarrasing moment so far has been vomitting outside of the grocery store, right in front of the carts. The lady ahead of me in line had raw chicken on the conveyor, and the sight of it turned my stomach. Poor Darling Husband cleaned it up for me, but a woman saw me do it and that was pretty embarrassing! I wanted to run away and hide.

Post # 446
    4335 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

@Jaynee:  Just so you know, (and anyone else who is interested,) I did find somewhere that lets you just pay for it, but I think it will be an ultrasound and not a doppler? (Having never done this, I’m not sure how this all works…) And it’s $50. Boo. But worth it for peace of mind at least for now! It’s one of those places (there were a couple near me) that does 3D and 4D ultrasounds.

Post # 447
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@jules28:  I haven’t actually puked… when I start to feel nauseated, I turn off the lights and lay down. Knock on wood! I’m going on vacation next week, including 4 plane rides–here’s hoping everything goes smoothly! 

Post # 449
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

@hippomama:  I’ve felt like I’ve been colder than usual too!  It seemed like everyone was talking about being hot, so I just thought I was over thinking it. I guess not!

Post # 450
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

@bananasareyellow:  This is exactly how I felt yesterday!  I ended up looking for info about this stage and lots of people said they felt the same around 9-10 weeks and that its probably because the placenta really starts to take over at this point. It also sounded like the symptoms came back for a lot of people after a week or two. 

@red_rose:  Thanks for the update!  I may look into that. 

Post # 451
    273 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

@hippomama:  the nausea and fatigue has been awful today– I guess I’ll take it as a good sign.. Hopefully I can keep up that mentality! ha! I bought some anti-nausea candy from babies-r-us and the lady was like ‘uh oh, someone not feeling well?’. I’m like ‘no, hurry up or I’m going to puke’. My friend was like ‘I’m totally going to just say that from now on when people are taking forever and trying to talk to me’.

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 2: Let's see those ultrasound pics!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors