(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 2: Let's see those ultrasound pics!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Are you going to find out the gender before birth, or are you going team "green"?
    We will find out as soon as we can! : (32 votes)
    71 %
    Team green! : (13 votes)
    29 %
  • Post # 122
    656 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

@hippomama:  I’m the opposite of you, woke up feeling fewer symptoms this morning. Still have sensitive boobs and am a little tired, but I was so exhausted and nauseous yesterday, now I’m freaked out that I’m not feeling as bad.  I did kind of eat more of our pasta from dinner while I was cleaning up plus I had some ice cream with strawberries around when I went to bed, so maybe I finally just ate enough that I didn’t feel sick in the am?

I just can’t win, now I keep thinking about how when we go for our first appt and u/s what if there’s nothing there? Darling Husband was teasing me that I should take another pregnancy test just to calm down.

Post # 123
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@hoogirl05:  When is your first appt? It’s very hard not to be anxious! I’ve been reading a book called Sacred Pregnancy, and it’s about tuning into your body and trying to intuit what is going on. Obviously not foolproof, but you might feel better if you sit quietly with yourself and establish how you feel and what you feel like is going on. 

TBH, early on in my prior pregnancy, I never felt secure in telling people or taking for granted the pregnancy would go to term, even though it was my first and I had no reason to think it wouldn’t. This time around, somehow it feels more real, but I also feel more like I am being myself–not being so anxious. And I have a strong urge to tell people! So I’m hoping that this intuition means things will go okay this time.

Post # 125
    656 posts
    Busy bee

@hippomama:  I’m eating my words – I definitely feel a little sick now that I’m hungry (though nothing sounds good), and I’ve had my typical mild cramps every once in awhile – I think everything’s fine ๐Ÿ™‚ I really agree with you on how you feel, and I’m hoping my positive feeling about this means that things are going well – despite all the stats I read and bad things that can happen. I’ve settled back into the happy upbeat attitude I’ve had so far, guess that was a momentary freak out!

Just makes me wish even harder for July 31st!

Post # 126
    656 posts
    Busy bee

@bananasareyellow:  Aw thanks! I think I just needed some positive reinforcement from someone other than Darling Husband who is so supportive and listens to me talk about symptoms every day. This morning I told him my worry and he was like, um you are worried you AREN’T sick??

I also did a prenatal yoga dvd (this one, mine has a DVD with shorter options too so I did 30 min) and I wouldn’t be surprised if that helped me feel better too today. And I’m upset about that?! lol

Post # 127
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

Ladies, I’m not cut out for this pregnancy thing! I’m feeling so miserable, I just want to crawl under my desk and cry!!!!  I don’t know how I’ll make it another 6+weeks feeling like crap all day every day!

Post # 128
    1181 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

My nausea started last night and it hasn’t eased up. If I ever see onions or corn or peppers again, I will hurt someone. I threw out all of our bread today because I could totally taste the pepper smell when I made toast to feel better. Just ended up feeding buttered toast to the dogs (they were fans since they don’t get many scraps!). I’m living on apple juice, tea, and…well that’s it so far. The idea of eating anything makes me want to Yell

Apparently I also wrote down the wrong due date. It’s 3/6/2014 not 3/8/2014. Yay messy handwriting. So I’m 7w0d today. 

Hope all you other ladies being struck with the preggo sickness start to feel better!! Maybe we can just nap through most of it?? LOL

Post # 129
    853 posts
    Busy bee

@MrsWBS:  @MrsDulce:  Aww, I know! I hate those days of feeling nauseous. Thankfully for me it’s mostly been in the mornings and not all day, but it’s still a pain. I actually prefer the days I throw up because afterwards I feel so much better!

I just got back from my first prenatal appointment today. They did a pap, took some more blood, and scheduled me for a second ultrasound on July 31st (I’ll be 9 weeks then). I think they want another one just becuase I was so early for my first one (only 6.5 weeks). THen I have my genetic tests done on August 6th and again on Sept. 6th. I also asked my doctor if it was really true that I couldn’t have a hotdog and he said I could! ๐Ÿ˜€ Lol. I know that’s a ridiculous thing to be thinking about, but it’s summer and I keep smelling bbq and of all the things I’ve been craving, I want a damn hotdog!

Post # 130
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

@jules28:  That’s what I keep telling Darling Husband – I wish I would just throw up once or twice and feel better for the day. I’d much prefer that over the constant nausea.

Today, I went to whole foods and bought….dinner rolls….for lunch.  Whatever works, I guess?!

My doctor also told me hot dogs and even lunch meat (unheated) in small doses were fine!

Post # 131
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee

@hoogirl05:  Glad to hear you are feeling worse/better! ๐Ÿ™‚ July 31 will be here before you know it. 

@bananasareyellow:  Ha ha! Quite the scientific pee stick experiment you’ve got going there. I think I am out of HPTs, too, and I don’t plan on getting more. I don’t think they’re that helpful for predicting MC anyway. I think even if the baby stops developing, HCG levels stay elevated until the MC actually happens and for several weeks afterward. 

@MrsWBS:  Eyes on the prize lady–a cute little bundle of joy at the end!

@MrsDulce:  Ha, ha, a nap definitely sounds good right about now! My appetite is still voracious though. I swear I’m such a secret glutton–I had half a pizza for dinner last night, 3 croissants this morning (plus fruit), a pita stuffed w/ chicken 4 hours later for lunch… don’t mind me, just preggo! 

@jules28:  I am so lenient with myself on food “don’t”s. Like, seriously, no deli meat? I know we don’t want to get listeria, but has anyone even heard of someone getting listeria? I mean, I wouldn’t want to get it when I’m not pregnant, either, but that doesn’t stop me from eating sketchy meat products. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Did they do an u/s at your appointment? How did it look? 

Post # 132
    853 posts
    Busy bee

@hippomama:  Ha, yeah! The doctor was like “who told you that??” when I asked about the hot dogs, and he just kinda smiled and rolled his eyes and said that there’s a tendency for people to get a little crazy about pregnancy, and that yes, I could go ahead and have a hot dog if I liked. Made me feel better! I don’t want to become one of those psycho parents who’s so overly paranoid about everything, so I may as well start now—with my hot dog!

Here’s a pic of the ultrasound I had at 6.5 weeks. Doesn’t it look like a creepy face??? Lol!

Post # 133
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee

@jules28: Ha!!!!! It totes looks like a face! That’s hilarious. At first I was like wait what is that the kiddo? 

Post # 134
    1610 posts
    Bumble bee

@jules28:  It totally looks like a face!  It reminds me of that picture where if you look of it one way it is a witch and another way a beautiful lady!

Post # 135
    656 posts
    Busy bee

Hey ladies! Is anyone flying anytime soon? I’m a little nervous because we are flying on Saturday morning to see Father-In-Law – I think I mentioned before my Dr said on the phone there was no concern other than maybe a little ms because part of it will be on a small plane.

I will be sure to request a pat-down as I’m not going to go through the full body scanner with my sticky bean, but I’m nervous they will give me a hard time.

Post # 136
    1181 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

@jules28:  OMG! This is the best news I’ve heard all day. I am dying for an italian sub with salami and pepperoni. I’ll even heat it up, I just want a sub. But I’ve been avoiding it because I’m like…mehh…it’s probably bad….the book says it’s bad…and then I can’t bring myself to do it!

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 2: Let's see those ultrasound pics!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors