(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 4: Well hello there, 2nd trimester!!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 182
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

So this happened today:

I was visiting my coworker friend’s desk to wish him a happy birthday and grab some donut holes.  We were discussing how many was reasonable, and his cube-mate said, “Not to be rude, but are you eating for two?”

Apparently it’s obvious now! I’m only 14 weeks! Eeek! I was shocked that she would ask, but kind of excited that I don’t just look thick anymore…

Post # 183
656 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@cafrinB:  Yaay! I think I was totally showing at 14 weeks too it’s a good thing! And I have to say, if someone was going to ask, I think that’s the nicest way to ask!

Post # 184
8882 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@laa320:  Sorry to sneak into your thread, I noticed your post and I remember almost the same post a few months ago.  I’ve battled acne forever (19 years) and it got worse after my BFP.  I was so upset I would wake up and just cry.  It was becoming cystic acne.

I kept hearing about the “regimen” (ugh I hate that, it sounds so cliche) from acne.org and I looked up some reviews on here. I decided to give it a try. There is some benzoyl peroxide in the treatment, I only use it once a day and my doctor said it was totally fine.  But it’s been 9 weeks now and my skin has improved tons. I’ve only got some old scars left (had them forever too).

I promse I don’t work for them, I’m just a preggo Canadian lady who is finally happy with her skin. I remember thinking “OMG 9 months of bad acne?!” Wanted to make the suggestion just in case you’re up for suggestions πŸ™‚

Post # 185
11744 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@hoogirl05:  you’re totally fine. I’m still sleeping in my stomach. Doc says I’ll know when it’s time to stop because it won’t be comfortable.

in other news I’m home sick today with an awful cold. It’s miserable!!!  But to make me feel better my new nephew is on his way! 

Post # 190
11744 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@bananasareyellow:  thanks! Second baby’s come fast apparently- she went from 2 to ready to push in 3.5 hours!  she tdidn’t think she was in labor and wasn’t going to go get checked until later – good thing she did or she would have been having a home birth!

Post # 191
1153 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@Jaynee:  @GardenRose:  @MrsAMac:  I’m so sorry to hear about your headaches! I’ve been getting them since 3 days before my BFP & they are SO annoying. I am 15w2d & am working on my list of headache triggers…I’ve narrowed them down to being tired, hungry, stress & hormones. My headaches last from hours to days. I try to drink a LOT and eat regular meals & nap when I’m tired. Sometimes when I have a super bad headache and its around bedtime I take a benadryl to help me sleep. So far tylenol hasn’t helped at all. I did start seeing a chiropractor & am back to seeing my massage therapist and both seem to help. 

@hoogirl05:  I try to go to sleep on my left side every night but ultimately end up on my belly with my left knee out to the side. I’m MOST comfortable sleeping this way & from what I’ve read you can stay on your belly as long as you are comfy. 

I feel like I’m starting to show but can’t tell the difference between the bump and the bloat. I feel like it’s a bump at the bottom and bloat at the top. Either way there’s a baby in there πŸ™‚ This pic was taken at 14w3d. I told Darling Husband if the bump stayed for over a week that we’d make it official and call it a bump. πŸ™‚  

Post # 192
273 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@Jaynee:  Headaches!! Yes! I had them before I got my BFP then they went away for the first several weeks, now they are back… I used to always take ibuprofen and they’d go away for the most part, but now that I’m taking tylenol they don’t always go away. lame.

@Lyndzo:  Thanks for the regimen suggestion. I actually am considering it since there aren’t many other options out there right now! I promise you are ALWAYS welcome in the march mama thread =)

@GardenRose:  As far as I know, we don’t have a FB group–I noticed the Feb mamas do. It could be fun if other people were on board with it!

@ThePrincessBride10612:  Love your bump! Totes adorable! My ‘bump’ just looks like I ate too many burgers =(

Post # 193
1165 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’ve had acne issues for years (one of the symptoms of my so-called PCOS) and I have found that the acne.org regimen is what has given me the best results.  I still had bad skin, but I felt like that kept it reigned in as much as possible.  I use Simple brand face wash and the acne.org benzoyl peroxide and moisturizer.

The last couple of weeks, though, I’ve gotten really discouraged and fed up with my skin so I decided to try the Olay version of the Clarisonic brush (http://www.olay.com/skin-care-products/olay-professional/advanced-cleansing-system?pid=075609037047) and so far so good!  I use it every night with the exfoliating Simple face wash and my skin has looked better these last two weeks than it has in a long time.  It could be a coincidence, maybe getting well into the 2nd tri has something to do with it, but whatever it is I’m happy!

Post # 194
1138 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@hoogirl05:  I agree with red rose, I’ve been laying on my stomach at night. I assume that once it gets so big I’m teetering like a top, it won’t be comfortable and I’ll change positions. Don’t worry! 

@cafrinB:  HA!! That’s a hilarious question! I can’t believe he had the guts to ask–thank goodness for him the answer was YES! Can you imagine if you were like uhhh… no? Awkward! 

@ThePrincessBride10612:  Looks like a bump to me! So cute! 

Post # 195
8882 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@laa320:  Aw you’re so sweet. Let me know how it goes! One day I’ll post my before and after picture when I have the nerve lol

Post # 196
656 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Ok, ladies, I know this sounds crazy, but I’m 16w3d and I SWEAR I have flutters/swooshing sensation (can’t describe it) that are not gas, they kind of took me by surprise and are in my low abdomen where I often find the heartbeat with the doppler.

Do yo think I’m crazy or could this really be my meatball?

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 4: Well hello there, 2nd trimester!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors