(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 4: Well hello there, 2nd trimester!!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 32
11736 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@jules28:  lol I say the baby is pinching me too!  I think 16 weeks sounds too early for the anatomy scan.  But, they can definitely tell gender at that point.  I’d personally want my anatomy scan pushed back a bit so all the measurements, etc. that they take are accurate. But, your doctor knows you best!  I’m having an elective u/s on Tuesday at 16w to find out gender.  It’s the earliest this place will do it.  I’ll technically be 15w6d but I figure that’s close enough, especially since baby was measuring a week ahead at the last scan.  My dr. doesn’t change EDD once they tell you at the first appointment.

I guess all the aches and pains aren’t something I thought/knew about pre-pregnancy. I figured okay some nausea and a little bit of tiredness. No one told me about the 9 months of random pain! 

Post # 33
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been lurking and reading since I found out I was pregnant, but this is my first post!

How far along are you & when are you due?

I am about 12.5 weeks along and due March 24th!

When is your next appointment?
10/08

How old are you? DH?

We’re both 34 years old

First child or no? First child!

Weight gain to date? 3 lbs or so so far, I HATE weighing myself, but my clothes don’t seem too different yet (sure that will change soon)

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or at birth)?
We have our anatomy scan at the end of Oct, which will definitley reveal the gender, but I wonder if they’ll be able to tell at our next appontment on the 8th, I’ll be 16 weeks along at that point.

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics!
None yet…

Post # 34
4334 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@bananasareyellow:  my doctor showed me at my last appointment something about my uterus, but honestly, it just all feels like “stomach” to me, lol!

View original reply
@crysxo:  I (think?) there was an explanation about the trimesters on the last thread. Basically, it can be calculated differently depending on how you divide up the pregnancy. Like, you can just divide 40 weeks evenly into 3, or you can choose to count it from only when you *ovulated,* (which was actually week 2,) and divide those 38 weeks into 3, etc. I’m sure Mr. Google could explain it better. 🙂

Post # 36
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’m 13 weeks 1 day today, so my due date has been pushed to 3/20/14 instead of 3/23

I just had my NT scan yesterday (US looked good, just waiting for blood test results), and then my next appointment is on 10/4

How old are you? DH?

I am about to turn 30, and my husband is 30

First child or no?

This will be our first child

Weight gain to date?

So far I am still -2lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I am starting to show a bump

We are planning to find out, and will probably find out at our appointment at the end of October

Ugh… I have no idea what I am going to do with nursery stuff.  I look forward to seeing all the inspiration in this thread!

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/march-2014-babies-mamas-part-4-well-hello-there-2nd-trimester#ixzz2enrmXy00

Post # 37
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@jules28:  Ooo yes I’ve done that!  It habit for me to stretch all long when I wake and the past several days has been quite painful!

Post # 38
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Roll Call!

How far along are you & when are you due? 13w4d, due 3/17 – St Patrick’s Day!

When is your next appointment? I can’t remember! lol… oops

How old are you? DH? I got my BFP for my 29th birthday! And DH is 29 as well. He’ll turn the big 3-0 just a few weeks before we welcome our little nugget. 

First child or no?  First!

Weight gain to date? Ugh. 10-ish pounds. I chalk that up to three things: I’m starving all the time, I’m freaking exhausted all the damn time, and my TSH levels (thyroid) shot back up again after I got pregnant. (On a higher dosage of meds now to bring them back down.)

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or at birth)? Oct. 19 when we go for an elective 3D u/s with our friend who’s a tech. I’ll be 18w5d. We’re going to TRY to keep it a secret from everyone else.

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics! I haven’t really found any pics I love, but we’re going to keep it gender neutral regardless of what sex we find out we’re having. We want to do orange, turquoise and gray. The furniture we have so far (dressers) is all either white or a medium wood tone, so we want to get a two-tone crib like this:

Post # 39
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@MrsAMac:  I LOVE that nursery! When we moved into our house in April, I was really itching to decorate in yellow and gray, so I did in the two rooms we had to buy all new stuff for: the half bath and the guest bedroom. I’m a big fan!

Post # 40
1153 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@crysxo:  Banana’s posted this, http://www.baby2see.com/trimester_calculator.html on the last thread about the trimesters, I found it to be helpful. But I also have apps that said I was in my 2nd trimester at 12w0d (my 13th week) and others that are starting to say “welcome to your 2nd trimester now that I’m 13w5d (my 14th week).  I still felt like once I got to 12w0d that I was in the safe zone. But I found the 13th/14th week to be kind of a grey area. 

Post # 41
656 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Thanks ladies! Of course if it was real acute pain I would call the doc, and I will mention it on Monday when I see him but it helps so much to hear other ladies with similar experiences!

View original reply
@jules28: I totally feel that way when I stretch! It’s so funny, the first time it happened I thought I pulled a muscle too! Lol 

Post # 42
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Hi, I’ve also been lurking for a bit. I’m not an especially frequent poster but I thought it would be nice to join in.

I’m 14w 3d and due March 11th 🙂

October 2nd

How old are you? DH?
I’m 22 and DH is 24, almost 25.

First child or no?
Yep. First grandchild for my parents as well!

Weight gain to date?
1 or 2 pounds I think?

20 weeks. We’re telling everyone else we’re finding out at birth, but I’m pretty afraid of gender disappointment so I want to find out earlier.

I haven’t got any. I think I tend to lean towards greens and browns. I want something gender neutral, and green is my favourite colour.

Post # 43
11736 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@cherrytomato1:  welcome!! Another Marylander! Where are you delivering at?

View original reply
@red_rose:  same here on not feeling the uterus just stomach!

Post # 44
1165 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
@hoogirl05:  Count me as another one having the dull cramps.  Sounds like we are all experiencing the same thing…I just assumed it was some kind of stretching/growing.

View original reply
@onyx81:  I’m the same way with hunger in the morning!  I wake up feeling hungry, but not super starving.  Lately I’ve been making a little sandwich with an egg, a piece of cheese, and a slice of double fiber bread which makes me feel satisfied.  But from about 9:00 till lunch time I am hungry and can’t seem to fill up.  Afternoons are usually better, but I swear I eat ALL morning long!

So, I think I’m going to call it, and say my belly has “popped.”  Just shy of 16 weeks seems early, but there is no denying what I’ve got going on and I can really only suck it in a tiny bit.  I’m finding myself rubbing it and touching it a lot, which is kind of weird.  I have a feeling it will take some getting used to!

Post # 46
273 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Welcome to the newly chatting mama’s!

View original reply
@LoveMikey:  I lovveee the 2-toned cribs, too. I’ve been eyeing one up from Target, but they are kind of expensive…

We had a 13-week appointment last Thursday and got to see the babe. It looked SO cute, lounging around in my tummy and bouncing up and down every couple seconds. I can’t wait until I can actually feel it! Hubby mentioned he can feel my lower belly getting firmer, which ws kind of cute because he doesn’t really acknowledge my growing tummy.

Roll  Call!

How far along are you & when are you due? 13+1/ Due March 21, 2014

When is your next appointment? October 7

How old are you? DH? I’m 27 and DH is 32

First child or no? my first babe and his second (step-son will be 9)

Weight gain to date? about 5.5 lbs per my medical record, but I think more like 7 lb.

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or at  birth)? I’m not sure if they will be able to tell at the next appt (17 weeks) or if I’ll have to wait until the subsequent appointment (about 21 weeks).

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics!: I’m not 100% certain since I don’t know the gender, yet… but here are some inspirations:

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 4: Well hello there, 2nd trimester!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors