(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 4: Well hello there, 2nd trimester!!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 438
665 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
@bananasareyellow:  Hmmm I dont think it would have effect on preeclampsia and I read about it a few days ago in what to expect when your expecting, which is why I was suprised to read about not sleeping on your back too. They gave them to every inpatient at the time.

Post # 440
1138 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Wow, amazing how many girls there are on this thread! Congrats to everyone who has recently had great scans and/or found out gender! 

DH felt the LO kicking for the 2nd time again last night–usually she is shy and gets still as soon as he puts his hand in place! 

Going to the hospital tomorrow for a fetal MRI and another u/s… we’ll see what they say. FX for good news!

Post # 441
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
@onyx81:  I think you’ll start to feel some real kicks soon! The last couple days, I’ve felt some actual jabs which are totally different from the usual rolling feeling. Especially in the morning when i roll from one side to the other–it’s like he’s protesting because he was comfy πŸ™‚ The lame part of having an anterior placenta is DH is bummed that he can’t feel anything. Oh! And your cupcakes look amazing–but makes me want to eat a cupcake RIGHT NOW.

View original reply
@MsTerrapin:  I bought maternity tights from H&M and think they’re great! I don’t like the feel of the material as much as my regular tights/hose (i usually go with spanx or hanes) but they will do…especially at $10 for 2 pairs! For leggings though…gap maternity leggings, hands down!

View original reply
@jules28:  YAY!! congrats! So glad they didn’t keep you waiting longer πŸ™‚

View original reply
@jrtink:  Dopplers are awesome! I actually really like it most for DH who doesn’t get to feel what I’m feeling since I have an anterior placenta. Being able to hear the heartbeat makes it feel more real to him so every few days he’ll listen for the heartbeat and then talk to our baby — it’s pretty cute.

Post # 442
656 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
@MsTerrapin: 
View original reply
@LoveMikey:   
View original reply
@PacNWxLove:  I LOVE my Old Navy maternity tights – I’ve washed them once already in the washing machine and hung them to dry, but I’ll probably just start tossing them to in the dryer too. They are really soft and stretchy. I’m 5’3 and about a 6 petite on bottom pre-pregnancy and I got the M/L which do have a little extra material but I wanted plenty of room to grow my bump. I ordered a second pair recently too!

Post # 443
665 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@bananasareyellow:  HAHAAHAH!! il pretend you didnt just call me Australian πŸ˜‰

Post # 445
665 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@bananasareyellow:  Hahaha! Good recovery πŸ˜‰

Post # 447
11735 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@LoveMikey:  congrats on baby girl!!!!

Post # 448
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@MrsWBS:  Thank you! πŸ˜€

Post # 449
656 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

OK it’s OFFICAL!! We are confirmed as members of TEAM PINK! This morning’s anatomy scan showed everything was looking good. It was so much fun, baby girl was active but cooperative and the tech was able to get the measurements easily in under an hour. DH absolutely loved it and was pointing out hands and feet and arms an legs like a pro!  Also, the tech confirmed my suspicion she likes to nestle her head down into my lower right side – sometimes when I get up it feels like her head is ON my hip, which is basically true, lol

Post # 450
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@hoogirl05:  Woohoo! So glad you’re officially on Team Pink! Congrats! 

Post # 451
853 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@hoogirl05:  Aww, congratulations!! Welcome to the pink team! I’m glad your scan went well πŸ™‚

Well ladies, I think we are confirmed on a name for our LO!  Names were very tough for me because I had had my heart set on Julie for years, but my SIL just had a baby and named her Julia. It’s taken a long time for me to get over that and push it aside; I felt like I was in grieving! But…. we have settled on the name Elise. We are just looking to choose a middle name now, and I’m starting to think that Elise is much more beautiful than Julie anyways. Also, it has a very special meaning for us, because it is all the letters of my grandmother’s name rearranged. Anyone else settled on their name choices?

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 4: Well hello there, 2nd trimester!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors