(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 4: Well hello there, 2nd trimester!!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 483
11744 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@onyx81:  lol oh then totally don’t tell him haha! 

Post # 484
1153 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@jules28:  I’ve never heard of the bumbleride but just looked them up on line. There are a couple of dealers w/in 1 hour of us but nothing super local. Have you checked their site to see if they have a dealer near you? 

@onyx81:  I think the vista is nice and if i choose to go with uppababy i would have picked the vista over the cruz because the options to expand it later for more kids is pretty amazing. On the peg perego book plus you can basically turn the seat into a bassinet by reclining the seat 100% and adding the “foot muff” and it turns it into “carriage mode.” So I could put baby all the way back if I wanted to without the added bassinet. I did consider getting a carseat with a bassinet for a minute and then purchasing the bassinet stand & using it in our room, but we are going to get a pack in play with the bassinet in it anyways and figure with travel and stuff we’ll get years of use out of it. 

@MsTerrapin:  I worked as a nanny for a few years & a couple of my families had the BOB revolution. I’ve used a single and double Bob, both SUPER nice! I’m not a jogger or hiker or really athletic at all so I figured I could get away with not needing a jogging stroller. They are SUPER nice strollers. Most of my families are on to baby #2 now and still using the BOB (and it still looks great!)

Post # 485
1153 posts
Bumble bee

@bananasareyellow:  I think the Britax strollers are super nice & they come with so many different options. For me we are doing the infant carrier plus stroller out of personal preference. I just can’t see a situation where I’d be okay with waking the baby to transfer her from her carseat to the stroller or carrier. My sister used her infant carrier for almost a year with each of her babies (they were both under 20lbs by the time they turned 1, she makes little babies)…

I do actually own a convertible carseat now (from being a nanny and an auntie) – I’ve only used it for the bigger babies mostly forward facing, I think I’ve had it backwards once. I like it for the big kids but like what to me is the “convenience” of an infant carrier for the little ones. 

I thought about registering for a convertible carseat also in case baby grows out of her infant carrier quickly (my friends 6 month old is already in the convertible seat because hes a big boy!) but I figured we’d just pick it up when the time comes because carseats have expiration dates on them & I don’t want to waste a year of the carseats life in a box =) 

I can’t wait to finalize my nursery furniture now that we know baby is a girl!!!

Post # 486
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@ThePrincessBride10612:  Thanks for your BOB review!  It seems like people have nothing but nice things to say about them, and it’s the only jogging stroller I’ve seen people talk about that works well as a regular stroller.  We live in an apartment, so space is definitely at a premium, so there was no way we are gonna be able to handle more than 1 stroller (and I still have NO idea where the heck we’re going to keep it in our apartment!)

Post # 487
1138 posts
Bumble bee

@bananasareyellow:  Yep, we’re doing a convertible! Well, it’s the Baby Jogger City Mini, so we’ll get the car seat adapter, and then when bb is big enough, just take it off and use the regular stroller. We’re excited about it — it’s SO light, only 12 lbs! 

Post # 488
1138 posts
Bumble bee

Great news ladies–we had our follow up with the children’s hospital today to get a more detailed ultrasound and see what the “spot” was that they saw in our 2nd tri scan last week. After an hour and a half ultrasound (YEAH), the OB came in and told us that the spot is “low risk”! She thinks it was a hemmorhage that will clear up on its own. We’re going to go back in about 5 weeks to follow up, but for now she basically said not to worry. We are so relieved! I had a feeling that everything would be fine, but Darling Husband confessed today that he was very worried and stressed about it.

I can’t imagine how hard it is for the daddies, not being able to feel the LO on a daily basis and know that they are doing okay! I try to tell him every day that she’s kicking up a storm and feels healthy, and that I feel healthy which is probably also a good indicator, but it’s probably not the same hearing it as knowing it firsthand. 

Anyway, the upshot is we got LOTS of nice views of the LO, and her growth in all measurements is right on target at 19.5 weeks. And this very experienced u/s tech confirmed that she is DEFINITELY a girl. πŸ™‚

Post # 489
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@hippomama:  YAYAYAYAY!!  So glad to hear that you got good results on your scan today.

Post # 490
1153 posts
Bumble bee

@hippomama:  Great news, I’m so happy to hear that your follow up scan went well & that you got to spend so much time seeing your little one! 

Post # 491
853 posts
Busy bee

@hippomama:  Congrats on the follow up scan! Glad to hear that everything is okay πŸ™‚

Post # 492
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@hippomama:  Amazing news! So glad to hear!

Post # 493
11744 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@hippomama:  great news!!! So glad to hear!

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 4: Well hello there, 2nd trimester!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors