(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 4: Well hello there, 2nd trimester!!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 92
1165 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
@LoveMikey:  I totally understand feeling equal parts embarrassed and excited!  That’s how I’ve been feeling for a couple of weeks now. It definitely helps that DH loves it. 

Post # 93
853 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@MrsWBS:  Congratulations! How exciting—a baby girl! πŸ™‚

Post # 94
656 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
@MrsWBS:  omg omg, congrats!!

Ladies, does anyone else feel like they just got REALLY huge recently? I mean, I just feel really big all over, and maybe even a little swollen at the end of the day. I’m up 10 lb at 15 weeks, and yes, a tiny bit might be my pickle cravings, but holy crap, it’s like someone stole MY body! And it’s really not good for the old self esteem, I almost cried today.

Post # 95
11736 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@jules28:  

View original reply
@hoogirl05:  

Thank you!

I don’t really feel huge but my belly has popped. I ordered some maternity clothes and was giving DH a fashion show and was like holy crap do maternity clothes make you look even more pregnant?!? Maybe it’s just because I’ve been wearing super loose tops to work and these were fitted shirts, but I think it’s time to tell my boss!   My hips are definitely spreading because my ass is having a tough time getting into my pants these days! I can’t really see the difference though just feeling it in the clothes.  It’s a little scary  but I try not to think about it or else I’ll freak out and it won’t be good!  Don’t feel bad about your body – you’re growing a human in there dear!!!!

Post # 97
1165 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
@hoogirl05:  I can relate to this!  I saw a pic of DH and I from a week or two ago and immediately thought my face looked fat.  It’s probably not really any different from  pre-pregnancy but I really noticed it for some reason.  My next appointment is Monday and I’m nervous to see how much I’ve gained because my eating habits still haven’t returned to pre-pregnancy…veggies are just SO unappealing!!

View original reply
@MrsWBS:  I’m also noticing my pants are a little more difficut to get on first thing in the morning and the zippers are not going up quite all the way anymore.  I don’t think I’ll have time to go maternity shopping until next weekend so hopefully I don’t have any major growth between now and then!

It’s such a weird feeling because we all want to have that belly and look pregnant, but it really is hard to get used to the body changes and weight gain.  

Post # 98
656 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@bananasareyellow:  Are you taller? That might explain the “disappearing bump” πŸ™‚ though I’ve heard lots of girls say the same thing, it comes back with a vengeance. I’m short, 5’3 on a good day and thought I’d be ok since I have a longer torso. Instead, I grew a bump in weeks 13-15. Came back from vacation and one of the 4 coworkers who knows told me I had definitely “popped” – eek!

Post # 100
656 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@bananasareyellow:  Very cute! I bought a college shirt too and will probaby exchange for the next size, it fits but there’s no room to grow in it!

Post # 101
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@bananasareyellow:  yep I’m a newbie 

started a thread with a potty shot if anyone wants to give an opinion on the little ones gender!

Post # 102
11736 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@bananasareyellow:  Thanks!

I’m sorry your bump has disappeared, mine is in full force and I am officially wearing maternity jeans today. I found ONE pair at destination maternity that actually fits and looks cute.  I ordered it in 2 different washes, and somehow the other wash is too small and too short – what the heck?! They’re the same jeans, same size! Hate that!

I’m thinking I’ll be telling my boss either today or tomorrow – HELP! What do I say?!? 

Post # 103
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@bananasareyellow:  That shirt is SO cute!! 

View original reply
@hoogirl05:  I’m with you, girl. I’m in the +10-ish pounds boat at 14+ weeks. And I just feel gigantic. Yes, my belly has definitely popped, but aside from that, everything else feels bigger too. It’s hard, for sure, but just part of the process! I need to keep reminding myself that all of this is leading to the bump I can’t wait to have, and more importantly, the little dude/tte that I can’t wait to snuggle! 

View original reply
@Jaynee:  “It’s such a weird feeling because we all want to have that belly and look pregnant, but it really is hard to get used to the body changes and weight gain.”  I TOTALLY agree with this! Also, hooray for being in the same embarrassed/ecstatic bump boat! At least we have each other. 

View original reply
@hippomama:  Oh yeah, maternity pants 100%! They are a godsend. 

This morning DH and I were getting ready for work and he said, “This is a compliment: You look pregnant today.” Hahahah! So cute.  πŸ™‚ 

Post # 104
853 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@bananasareyellow:  Love the shirt!

View original reply
@LoveMikey:  Haha, that is a compliment! I love the days when I look pregnant and not just fat.

I am so annoyed. I was told that I had my ultrasound this morning, so DH and I got up bright and early and were very excited. We were going to find out the sex and announce it in a fun way at my 30th birthday celebration in October (we’re flying home to see family). Anyways, turns out they screwed up the dates, and I don’t go until late October (after we’ve already been to see the family and back). I called the dr.’s office and they were like “hmm… ya—you’re scheduled in for today. I’m not sure what happened.” This is not reassuring. My name was also wrong on my file. I thought 16 weeks was too soon for an antatomy scan, but the dr.’s office told me that’s when I was scheudled for. Ugh. ANNOYING!!!!!

Post # 105
1138 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@jules28:  Oh no, sorry you had to deal with that, how disappointing! 

View original reply
@LoveMikey:  I’m with ya–the nurse at the dr’s office this morning was like ohhh you have a little–and pointed at my “bump.” It’s most obvious when I’m sitting down cause really it still just looks like a gut. I think wearing mat clothes actually makes it stick out more! I basically have to tell work soon, because if I don’t, they’re going to figure it out by looking so I might as well. 

View original reply
@MrsWBS:  Good luck w/ the boss! I would definitely be optimistic–something like “I have exciting news!” rather than being apologetic. And make out a list of questions/discussions you want to have beforehand, such as what is your company’s leave policy, how long can you take off paid/unpaid, how much contact will you be expected to have while you are gone, etc! 

Post # 106
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’ve actually been lurking this board for awhile now and figured I should finally post something!

How far along are you & when are you due? 16 weeks! Due 3/6/13

When is your next appointment? October 16th

How old are you? DH? I’m 30 and DH is 31

First child or no? First!

Weight gain to date? Depends on the day…2-5 lbs

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or at birth)? At our next appt on 10/16 πŸ™‚ I don’t have the patience to wait to be surprised! haha

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics! After seeing all the pics and ideas on this thread…I need to catch up and start thinking! Haven’t even thought about this yet!

Those of you who are trying to figure out how to tell your boss/work….good luck! I told my boss around 8 weeks because I was super nauseous and was facilitating workshops for 8 hours a day. Told her she might have to step in because I felt so sick! Let’s just say, the participants got a lot of breaks haha πŸ™‚ People at work have been SO excited!

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 4: Well hello there, 2nd trimester!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors