(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 5: Halfway There!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Was baby the sex you thought he/she was going to be? (wait to vote until you know your baby's sex)

Yes - thought girl, is a girl!

Yes - thought boy, is a boy!

No - thought girl, is a boy!

No - thought boy, is a girl!

Had no feeling either way / Not applicable (team green)

• Post # 167
    310 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  I don’t know a lot about twins but I do believe that it is more the maternal side carrying the genetic trait because you have to produce two eggs (for fraternal.. I think identical is not so genetic but is a random action of the egg spilitting)… so hopeully you are in the clear! lol. 

Post # 168
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    @MrsAMac:  That’s adorable!! You guys will have so much fun, so glad to hear the bbs are healthy. 

Post # 169
    656 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @MrsAMac:  Oh dear 🙂 Well I won’t mention that to DH since I don’t want to scare him into not trying for another little one since I want at least 2 (we both loved having siblings).

Post # 170
    4335 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Just wanted to update about a book I mentioned earlier- 

I had said I wasn’t loving “The Baby Whisperer” bc I found it overwhelming with schedules/charts that wouldn’t be applicable for awhile, but that was actually only the first half of the book. The second half was filled with other really interesting things like about disciplining and potty-training, etc. Seems like that is all forever away, but it’s helpful b/c I’m sure we won’t have much time for reading/research after the babies are here, and it will be good to already know *where* to look for answers to questions once it’s time to potty-train, etc. (actually, the book had some really interesting stuff like how you can start even long before they’re a year old, and how – I dont remember the exact numbers – but in the US the average kid isn’t potty trained til like 2.5 years, but in the rest of the world it’s 18 months!)

Post # 171
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @red_rose:  Thanks for sharing! I really need to start doing some reading!

Post # 172
    656 posts
    Busy bee

Hi ladies! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I’ve noticed in the past week or so that even though my uterus is supposed to be around my belly button, I can feel kicks about an inch or two above it. Is this an “echo” of what LO is doing below? Anyone else feel the same kind of thing?

Post # 175
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  LO still kicks pretty low, but she definitley can get up into the belly button area and above.  

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  We didn’t do much in the way of baby prep stuff like we have been the past few weekends, but we did order crib bedding! I’m so excited for it to arrive.  My husband was ready to kill me since I have known forever what I wanted to get but wouldn’t pull the trigger before I did even more “research” lol.  He’s like just press the order button already!

Post # 176
    656 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Oh thanks, that’s a great idea about measuring! DH might enjoy that, he thinks my (to me) giant belly is so cute, lol. And YES to your comment about belly button, mine’s a definite innie and it’s pretty much flat too! I don’t know what to do if it really pops!

View original reply
    @MrsWBS:  I’m so jealous you ordered the bedding! I’m thinking I’ll wait til after my shower MLK weekend to see if people get PBK crib skirt, sheet, and window valance for me. And we need our second bedroom to stay a guest room for the holidays so we won’t even order furniture til December at the earliest. In the meantime, we promised each other we’d start cleaning out things in the closet of the guest room.

Post # 177
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  i was going to wait until we got our furniture but they were having a good Veterans Day sale so figured I’d take advantage. We are waiting to see if there’s a good Black Friday or cyber Monday sale to order the furniture. I can’t wait! Hopefully DH will have the nursery painted by then. I just want everything to be all put together. The rest of the house is cleaned and organized just the nursery left. 

Post # 179
    76 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I am jealous of everyone feeling LO kicking. I am 20w3d and still nothing. Maybe I am confusing stomach growls or other stuff for flutters. Who knows. At our sono baby was moving so much but I still dont feel her. Doctor said I should within a week or 2. I can’t wait! 

I am finally looking into ideas for her nursery also. I don’t want a theme or character so I have been looking at Etsy. Everything is so expensive though! I plan on doing mint/aqua and corals/pinks (can’t decide). Hopefully we find something soon. 

Hope pe everyone is doing well 🙂

Post # 180
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Yep, my belly button has been much more shallow for a while now and it’s really weird!  

We spent the entire day at Buy Buy Baby and Ikea (they are both over an hour away from us), and have narrowed down our stroller choices to either the City Mini GT or the new Bob Motion which is an all-terrain designed for the Britax B-Safe carseat.  We went in to test out the Britax B-Ready because I really wanted to take advantage of the amazing Amazon sale, but it is just too heavy and bulky for me to lift into our small SUV and the second seat option is not something we care that much about (plus, that second seat is in a really strange spot).  The two strollers we’re looking at are more than I intended to spend, but I like that they will work well whether we’re at the mall or on one of the many bumpy trails or roads in our area.  

We also got the dresser for the nursery, Hemnes 8-drawer from Ikea.  I think at least one other March mama is using it too.  So now we have the crib and dresser/changing table…just need to get the room painted so we can fill it up!

Post # 181
    55 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  I’m also definitely feeling kicks above the belly button.  I’m shorter, which could explain it, but she is definitely up there. 

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  my belly button Is unrecegnizable.  I’m not sure why, out of everything else that’s happening and changing, but it really, really creeps me out. It looks like its going to just close up. 

Baby girl has been very active lately.  The COOLEST thing was when I pushed in a rhythm on a particular spot on my belly, and after a few times she punched back in that very same spot!  Maybe just a fluke, but the thought of her interacting with me was so, so cool. 

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 5: Halfway There!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors