(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 5: Halfway There!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Was baby the sex you thought he/she was going to be? (wait to vote until you know your baby's sex)

Yes - thought girl, is a girl!

Yes - thought boy, is a boy!

No - thought girl, is a boy!

No - thought boy, is a girl!

Had no feeling either way / Not applicable (team green)

• Post # 182
    1610 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  My bellybutton used to be a really far innie, but it is becoming less and less shallow.  DH even commented on it the other night.  Orignally, I thougth it was so far in, that it wouldn’t ever come out, but now I am not so sure.  

I have a doctor’s appointment today.  DH thinks I am crazy, but I always get nervous that something is wrong, and they aren’t going to find the heartbeat.  Maybe it is an irrational fear, but since I still can’t feel movement, it is the only reassurance I get!

Post # 183
    161 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Hey mamas. Been a while again since I popped in but I’m gonna try and get better about it!!

We had our anatomy scan on Thursday last week and baby girl was looking great. She’s active and definitely still a girl! (Which I was worried about LOL). I am 22 weeks and 3 days now and feeling pretty great (though a little large). 

Tech says she weighs 15 ounces now which surprised me because my apps say 11-12 so I guess we have a big baby!  I’ve also outgrown all my bras and have been living in yoga pants.

Had a couple of dizzy spells where I felt close to fainting and I’m hungry constantly but I also get to feel her move and kick a lot which makes it all so worth it. We can feel and see my belly move from the outside alreadytoo. πŸ™‚

Anyone know if I upload pics from my Galaxy if they’ll be too large or if it’ll work well?

Post # 185
    161 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  my hubby was over 9 lbs so I’m worried but my mom worked in OB for a long time and told me that in her experience, the bigger the baby the easier the delivery. 

Post # 187
    161 posts
    Blushing bee

Post # 188
    161 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  thank you!  I re uploaded so I could edit the name out. I always forget. Lol. We have been lucky with US pics. My NT one is the clearest profile shot ever!

Post # 189
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Oh man, I definitely had a growth spurt in the past week!  I was on vacation all last week and I know all day at work today I’m going to get belly comments. Awkward!

Post # 191
    161 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    @Jaynee:  

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  

The bumps are definitely impossible to hide now. When is everyone planning to have a shower? How far is nursery setup so far?

Post # 192
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

Yeah I have no idea how my skin will stretch any further lol – it’s already feeling stretched to the max.  Thankfully no stretch marks in sight though – hoping they miss me, since my mom and sister didn’t have any.  

View original reply
    @MrsSunshine:  What a cute profile shot!

As for a shower, my mom apparently finds it very inconvnient that I conceived when I did and so I’m not even sure if I’ll have a shower since she just doesn’t know when we can do it because of the holidays.  She wanted to throw a meet the baby party after baby is born, but I shut that down quick. I don’t want a bunch of strangers (since she will inevitably invite all her friends) breathing on my newborn. Not to mention I’m not planning on flying until baby is at least 8 weeks.  My husband said his mom is planning to throw me one though so that’s nice at least. Not sure when it will be, probably after the holidays.

As for the nursery we haven’t made much progress – hoping to move the last few big items out into storage this weekend and then we (aka DH) can get painting!    

Post # 194
    175 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I am WAY far behind. I’ve been keeping up reading but haven’t commented πŸ™‚ Figured I was due for roll call!

How far are along are you & when are you due? 24w2d, due March 2nd!

What are you loving about your pregnancy? Feeling all the kicks! Baby Luke will kick wherever I push and it is so awesome! I also loved the first time Darling Husband was able to feel him kick, it brought tears to his eyes. So sweet. I’m also loving this second trimester. Feel great, no nausea anymore, more energy. 

Have you done/bought anything to prepare for baby yet? We have our crib and are ALMOST done painting the nursery. We have three charcoal gray walls and one mint wall with light beige and the charcoal gray strip running horizontally above his crib. We also registered because Mother-In-Law is throwing a baby shower for us Thanksgiving weekend! P.S. she sent the invites out 3 weeks before the actual shower, last minute much? And on a holiday weekend? I hope people come!

Anything you’re currently researching about pregnancy/newborns? Nothing specific currently. I like to read what you guys say and whatever I come across on the internetz. Oh! We did research a DSLR camera and FINALLY bought one yesterday. We’ve been wanting one for two years and finally have the excuse to buy one. I can’t wait to get it and start practicing!

Are you feeling kicks/punches? Can SO/FI/DH feel them yet?  I started feeling little tiny kicks around 18 weeks and at 21 weeks was feeling full fledged monster kicks. I was surprised about that because I have an anterior placenta. 

Weight gain/loss to date (if you care to share)? Negative 12 pounds from pre pregnancy. Don’t hate me. I was overweight to begin with and lost 20 due to nausea and no appetite. Now I’m up 8 pounds and ravenous!!!

Are you wearing maternity clothes yet? I had some hand me down maternity clothes from a  friend but the pants didn’t really fit right. I finally went to old navy and got two pairs of jeans and some shirts. Woohoo! I’m blessed that my scrubs still fit for work. 

Are you planning to get Maternity Photos?  Not sure…. I do like them but what am I going to do with them? Do I really need professional ones? 

BUMP LOVE Photo!: 

24 weeks, 2 days.

And this is the baby shower outfit I came up with from my closet. I went to four different maternity stores and couldn’t find a flattering dress. πŸ™

Post # 195
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  So jealous you’re nursery is almost done – I can’t wait to see pictures!

I may just have to start an amazon registry for some of the stuff they don’t have at BRU that we want and get the 15% discount – good tip, thanks! 

View original reply
    @NoMoreStew:  You look great!  Please please share your camera research and choice.  We are in the market for a good camera now and I’m so lost!  Do they make one that just takes great amazing pictures for you?! We need one that is idiot proof but takes better pictures then a point and shoot!

Post # 196
    175 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
    @MrsWBS:  We went with this one from Canon..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sl1-camera-efs-18-55-is-stm-lens-ef75-300-iii-lens-64gb-card-battery-backpack-2-lenses-acc-kit/1309033164.p?id=mp1309033164&skuId=1309033164&st=categoryid$abcat0401005&cp=1&lp=3

It came out to be the best deal for the price. It has auto that takes great pictures, it has a fast shutter speed for moving kiddos, and a high ISO for low light. Now take this all with a grain of salt because I don’t really know what I am talking about! But it comes highly recommended from a professional photog friend. It’s also one of the lightest DSLRs out there. It was SO much lighter than any other camera in best buy. And I took pictures of Darling Husband talking and moving around and they turned out SO good. I was like……sold. The camera + 18-55mm lens in the store was 700 dollars. Then I look on Best Buy’s website and find this deal for 100 dollars more! With an extra lens and a 64gb sd card? Hellz yeah.  Now I just need to take a photography class πŸ™‚

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 5: Halfway There!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors