(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 5: Halfway There!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Was baby the sex you thought he/she was going to be? (wait to vote until you know your baby's sex)

Yes - thought girl, is a girl!

Yes - thought boy, is a boy!

No - thought girl, is a boy!

No - thought boy, is a girl!

Had no feeling either way / Not applicable (team green)

• Post # 197
    103 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  My uterus was higher than I thought! I totally thought it was supposed to be around my belly button but the top is actually a couple inches higher according to the doc at my appt today.

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  LOL i feel you on the belly button thing! Mine is starting to look more like a slit. DH wasn’t able to come to my appointment today, but made me PROMISE to ask the doc about how likely she thought it was that I would get a “snooze button” because he thinks it would be fun to push. HAHA the doc took a look at it and said it’s pretty unlikely since my belly button seems pretty deep…but it will probably end up flattened rather than popped out. DH is going to be soooo disappointed!

Post # 198
    103 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    @crysxo:  Cute color scheme–love those colors! I bet you’ll start feeling kicking soon. I’m 23w5d and even now don’t feel a lot of the kicking that’s happening. Doc was listening for his heartbeat today and commented that all the popping noises we were hearing was him kicking up a storm…yet I couldn’t feel it! I started to feel rolling movements and a few thumps around 21ish weeks so hang in there!

Post # 199
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @NoMoreStew:  that’s a great deal! Definitely will be looking into it. i really just want something that takes photos fast and looks nice and easy to use. Not trying to become a semi pro or anything! I have zero clue what half the websites are talking about when comparing cameras lol. Did you find the people at best buy to be knowledgeable and helpful? I don’t know where else we would look but I may email a few photographer friends an get their two cents as well.

Post # 200
    120 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @PacNWxLove:  I’m so glad to hear that you don’t feel “major” kicking too!  I feel a good one once or twice a day, but sometimes go 10+ hours without feeling anything.  I’m 23W4D so it makes me feel better to know somebody else is in the same boat!  For the past two weeks, she has been doing this thing where she nestles in right next to my belly button and that’s when I can really feel her.

View original reply
    @MrsSunshine:  My Mother-In-Law and Boyfriend or Best Friend are throwing a shower 1-25-14.  My mom and sister are helping too so that it’s not too much work for anyone.  My Mother-In-Law volunteered to throw this shower 1 week before DH and I got married….it’s safe to say that she’s been dying to be a grandma!!!  It’s just going to be a brunch at DH’s grandmothers house-nothing too elaborate at all.

In other news, my DH has forbid me from walking our dog until after baby is here.  On Sunday night, I took our pooch out with his harness and leash for walk around the neighborhood.  We live in a rural area and I heard rustling coming from a tree line.  I thought it may be some deer so I turned around and headed the other direction.  Turns out, somebody let 2 German Shepards out to run loose and they came straight for me and my dog.  It was sooooo scary to try and deal with them, get my dog back to our house and not get hurt too. 

Post # 202
    442 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Went to the doctor yesterday and I told him I had been having alot of pain in my tailbone after sitting. Its really hard to get up and down sometimes. He said it could mean my tailbone is curved and it could be harder on getting the baby out later (possible c-section). Anyone else experience this or heard of this?

Post # 203
    103 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    @sprusa6:  Yeah, it kind of freaked me out that I could go an entire day and not feel anything, but the doc assured me it’s fine. Today however, is a different story…he’s like “I’ll show you some kicking!”–I don’t think I’ve gone more than an hour at a time today without feeling some sort of thump. Some of them have been REALLY good ones 🙂 Glad you’re ok after the dog run-in! That’s so scary!

Post # 204
    2 posts
    Wannabee

EDD March 28, 2014

Baby girl.

So excited. Can’t wait 🙂

Post # 205
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

Hey ladies! Just thought I would share that Carter’s is having a great sale – up to 60% off plus an extra 20% with coupon code November. I just stocked up! 

Post # 206
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
    @MrsWBS:  That is a great sale!  Thanks for sharing!

Post # 208
    1610 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @MrsWBS:  That is an awesome deal?  What sizes are people buying?  I want to start preparing, but I just don’t know what size to get….

Post # 209
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @onyx81:  I’m buying mostly bigger sizes because I know people will buy us newborn stuff that they grow out of so quickly.  We bought a ton of summer clothes while they were on clearance and aren’t probably what people will buy is.

For the Carter’s sale, I stocked up on the 3 piece outfits they had (pants, onesie, and fleece hoodie) in the 0-3 month size. I figure she’ll get some use out of those through late winter-early spring where we are.  They were such a good deal and I felt like she was really lacking in warm clothes other than PJs.  It is really hard to shop though since it’s all kind of a guessing game!  I’m trying not to buy too  much clothing in advance but I’m a sucker for a good sale!  

Post # 211
    1610 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  
    View original reply
    @MrsWBS:  Thanks!  I heard the same thing.  Maybe I will just hold off and not buy anything.  It is hard when it is such a good deal!  We are also using cloth diapers, so I know that makes it hard to pick a size because they tend to be bigger than disposable diapers.

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 5: Halfway There!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors