(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 5: Halfway There!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Was baby the sex you thought he/she was going to be? (wait to vote until you know your baby's sex)

Yes - thought girl, is a girl!

Yes - thought boy, is a boy!

No - thought girl, is a boy!

No - thought boy, is a girl!

Had no feeling either way / Not applicable (team green)

• Post # 437
    74 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

Hey girls,

Looks like I passed my glucose test; however I received other news.  At the blood draw for the glucose test, they took 3 vials, I wasn’t sure at the time what they were all for.  I found out the hard way, turns out I’m anemic.  Doctor is supposed to call me to go over what I should be doing.  That might be the reason I get out of breath so quickly though.

27 weeks tomorrow and we have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday.  The doctor wants on done at 27 weeks and again at 34, I won’t argue, its always exciting to the see the lil meatball.

My mom is planning a shower, its supposed to be a surprise. I say supposed to but DH has kinda filled me in, I know its sometime in January but not exactly when! 

Anybody else not really interested in Christmas this year?  I am so excited about baby that I rather be spending $ on baby stuff instead of Christmas shopping.  DH and I are not even exchanging this year, and it doesn’t even bother me!

Post # 438
    742 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Good luck on your GTTs, ladies!

i wanted to mention, for those of you dealing with constipation, I highly recommend looking in to or asking your Dr about taking magnesium supplements. I’ve been taking them since long before being pregnant and it helps so much!  I take 400mg split between morning and night, and you have to make sure it’s not magnesium oxide because your body doesn’t absorb that.  Let me know if you want more info. 

Post # 440
    996 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@Jaynee:  Being an auntie is the best! I love my sisters babe’s dearly & they are both so sweet. I can’t wait until my nephew starts talking and comes up with some version of a name for me. 

View original reply
    @onyx81:  Sorry to hear about the results of your test, good luck with the 3 hour!

View original reply
    @Jaynee:  I take magnesium also! My naturopath doctor started me on the supplments to help with my headaches before I got pregnant. After my BFP I confirmed that it was okay to continue taking them & have done so. I *wish* for the life of me that they’d soften #2’s up for me but then I think about how much worse it would be w/out the magnesium. Sometimes when things slow down & add a dose of magnesium into the mix and have been doing that for a couple of days so I’m hoping to get back to my “normal” soon! Side note, I’ve also noticed a drastic reduction in my anxiety since taking magnesium on a regular basis for the past 7 months. 

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  I measured a couple of days ahead at my last apt but nothing big. My friend who is due Feb 13 is 5 feet tall and measuring 2ish weeks ahead. She’s SO uncomfortable and there’s like nowhere for her boy to go besides under her ribs. I feel really bad for her. I can’t wait to see how all of our babe’s turn out! 

Post # 441
    996 posts
    Busy bee

@jrtink:  Oh I’m totally not into christmas this year at all! Luckily we’ve shopped throughout the year for presents so I’ve really only had to wrap what we already had to give away and not do much shopping. Most of the shopping I’ve done has been for baby stuff. I told DH for xmas i just want things off of our registry =) I’ve picked up a few things for DH and one very specific daddy gift, a Daddy Diaper Duty Tool Belt, ha ha! I’ll see something baby related and text DH to say “i want this for xmas” – he hasn’t had much success in the past picking out presents for me so he loves when I’m super specific about my wants. It works for us.

Post # 442
    115 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Good Morning Ladies!  28 weeks today and starting to really get excited/freaked that baby is coming so soon!!  We’ve got the nursery pretty much complete, but still have labor/delivery class and breastfeeding class to attend in January, plus shower on January 18.  Yikes!

I’m hoping that everyone who is having to go in for 2nd GD tests gets normal results this time around.  I ended up having to call my Drs office to get my results.  They were like “no new is good news” but checked the results and told me that I measured 150 after a 1 hr test.  I go next Thursday for an US and it will be the first time that we’ve seen baby girl since the 18 week anatomy scan.  Can’t wait!!!

I was in a meeting yesterday morning and I swear if anyone happened to glimpse at my belly, they would have ran from the room!  She was doing the Hokey Pokey, Macarena and Superman all at once I think.  There was poking and shaking all over the place!! 

DH and I have definitely scaled back Christmas buying this year.  However, I did notice that he had wrapped a few presents over the weekend and there is one under the  tree with a tag that read To: Marley’s Mom  From: Marley’s Dad.  SOOOOOO sweet <3!

Post # 443
    1223 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

@jrtink:  They told me they were going to test for anemia as well, but I haven’t heard anything about it.  I am sure you are ok, you probably just have to increase your iron intake.  It is exciting that you shower is a surprise.  I am not good with surprises though; I always feel like I have to know everything.  It drives DH nuts!  I do feel the same way about Christmas this year.  This year it just feels boring becasue it seems like it will be so exciting to experience it with a child, and I feel so close, but so far away from that.  I also don’t want to spend any money unless it is for the baby.  I feel like I hardly have any clothes to wear, but I don’t want to buy any because I would rather buy stuff for the baby!

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  You may be a Feburary mom!  My doctor measures my fundal height, but doesn’t say anything about the measurements.  He just says everything looks good, and I am just so glad to hear that, I have never bothered to ask.  

Post # 444
    9168 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

@jrtink:  Sorry about the anemia.  Hopefully it’s an easy fix for you.  Very exciting you get more u/s!  I want to see LO again!!!

I’m with you on not being into Xmas.  DH wants to get a tree this weekend but I am so not in the mood to deal with the mess.  We didn’t get one last year though so I can suck it up this year!  We are exchanging gifts this year. DH made it easy for me – went to the store, bouught a new coat he wanted, put it on the credit card and told me that I just bought him his xmas present!  I feel like a deadbeat wife, but I’ll take not having to think of something to get him (I’m the worst gift giver ever – he’s the best!)   This is my first year not going home for xmas and I must say I’m pretty excited to not have to travel and to just be able to relax and spend time at home. 

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Ohhh maybe you will be having a february baby instead?!  My u/s measurements were always about a week ahead, but at my last appointment they said my fundal height was right on track.  When I told DH I failed my glucose test I started crying and was like “I don’t want to have a big baby” lol.  I’ve been a hormonal mess this week.  If DH looks at me the wrong way I burst into tears.  Poor thing!

View original reply
    @onyx81:  I felt nauseous after drinking it the first time so I’m sure it’s going to be even worse this time having to drink it and not eat for so long after.  My doc said to make sure to bring something to eat and eat it in the car before leaving.

Post # 446
    595 posts
    Busy bee

@jrtink:  DH and I are just doing each other’s stockings this year, and no big gifts. We figure it would be better to put the money towards baby things. I am really excited about Christmas though–there’s something about being pregnant this time of year that makes the holidays feel that much cozier and jolly ๐Ÿ™‚

I have my baby shower tomorrow, and I’m so excited! It’s early, but I’m back in my hometown for the holidays and my best friend is throwing me one. I bought a cute new maternity dress to wear to it tomorrow.

Just yesterday I went to visit a friend’s new baby, and when I held him I just kept thinking “oh my god–I’m going to have one in just a few months!” He was so sweet and had that wonderful baby smell, and just melted my heart. We’re getting so close!!!!!

Post # 447
    9168 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

@bananasareyellow:  My boss and I were talking about maternity leave yesterday and he was asking if they typically say first babies come early or late.  My mom’s first came early and both of my sister’s babies came early. I really want a March baby for some reason, so I’m hoping she stays put!  DH and I both have a feeling it’s going to be March 2nd, so we will see, lol.

View original reply
    @jules28:  I was thinking the same thing when I was home holding my newborn nephew a few weeks ago.  So surreal!  Can’t wait to be able to hog my own baby 24/7 instead of my sister’s lol. I love new baby smell. I’m such a creeper always sniffing my nephew!

Have fun at your shower tomorrow!!!!

Post # 448
    1045 posts
    Bumble bee

@sprusa6:  Marley is such a cute name! Very fun! 

View original reply
    @jules28:  So fun that you’re having your shower! We’re having one in my hometown near Christmas, too, which is pretty early (I’ll be about 28 weeks) but my mom said she doesn’t want me traveling again before the baby comes! 

View original reply
    @MrsWBS:  Ha ha! I was holding a 1 month old yesterday, and I just kept looking between him and my stomach going, THAT is going to fit in HERE? He’s a small 1 month old, about 9 pounds, so it’s not that far off! Aaah! 

Anyone had light headedness? I’m looking at my stomach, and it looks like baby girl is laying crosswise (it’s asymmetrical, I think her head is off to my right side), and I think she’s pressing on an artery or something. I’ve felt lightheaded all day, and I’m eating and drinking a ton! I guess I’ll just hang in there and hope she scoots over soon!

Post # 449
    89 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

@sprusa6:  So exciting! I’m 28 weeks as of yesterday and just can’t believe how close we are (yet still so far…). Lucky you, getting another US! Our last US was the anatomy scan and as far as I know, no more US–it’s always so fun to see the babies on US.

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow: I’m measuring 2cm behind but my doc said everything is perfect and totally normal since it’s within the range. She says it’s because I’m a small person…but still kinda freaks me out! DH was a 9lb baby and his sisters each had 9 & 10lb babies–which is also terrifying to me. haha ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
    @jrtink:  My test results came back showing I’m slightly anemic as well, but my doc hasn’t said anything so maybe it’s not that concerning?? Hopefully some adjustments to your diet will resolve the issue!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 450
    996 posts
    Busy bee

26+3 – today was an interesting day (and its only 3:30 so theres still time for more “interesting” things to happen). I started my morning off by getting my very first brazillian. wowza! I can’t say it felt amazing but my lady that did it said I did awesome & must have a high tolerance for pain. DH is going to be so happy that my lady bits are all cleaned up. (I stopped shaving a couple of weeks ago and my hairy parts totally gross him out, its funny). After that I went to the mall to meet some friends for lunch. I recently heard that my local mall is offering free valet parking for pregnant women & the disabled, so I pulled right into valet, wahoo! I got out of my car & had the following coversation with valet.

V: Do you want to pay now or when you pick up your car.

Me: I heard that valet is free for pregnant women, is that true?

V: Yes, I mean I guess if you say you are I’m not going to say you are lying

Me: Look (points at belly) there is a baby in there

V: Lots of people look that way and aren’t pregnant

Me: (thinking did he seriously just say that?) I’m not lying, there’s a baby in there, in fact its a girl, she’s due March 18.

V: Good luck with that

I walked away… awkward!

Then a couple of hours later I was at the craft store & needed to use the bathroom. The sign on the door said to see the cashier. I walked up front & the following coversation with the cashier.

C: Do you need to use the restroom

Me: Yes, is it that obvious…ha ha ha

C: Well we wouldn’t want your water breaking now would we

Me: (WTF do you say to that)… I think I’ll visit every bathroom in this town before my pregnancy is over. Thanks!

Anywho, I think I really like that I don’t have to deal with the public on a regular basis because I don’t know how many of these stupid coversations I could take on a daily basis. 

Post # 451
    74 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

so sorry if the pic is huge, its my 1st time posting a picture Hopefully i did it right.

Today was quite the day, finished the painting/ stencil work in the nursery. I am in love with the way it turned out.  Then had some family over for dinner,  my daughter’s 19th birthday was  today.  Pretty crazy to think I was her age when I had her and here I am having the lil brother or sister that she always wanted.

Anyway, here is my 1st bump picture, 27 weeks  today, also a little preview of my favorite wall in the nursery.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 5: Halfway There!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors