(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 5: Halfway There!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Was baby the sex you thought he/she was going to be? (wait to vote until you know your baby's sex)

Yes - thought girl, is a girl!

Yes - thought boy, is a boy!

No - thought girl, is a boy!

No - thought boy, is a girl!

Had no feeling either way / Not applicable (team green)

• Post # 92
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    @MrsWBS:  I am planning on taking a “Must have tools for Labor” class offered at the prenatal yoga studio I go to. A lot of the moms from the yoga studio send out the birth story (like the moms post here on the Bee) and an overwhelming majority of them say how helpful the labor class was that they took thru the studio. The class that we are planning on taking also teaches Darling Husband or your birthing partner how to help you through your contractions, back massage techniques etc. I think it will be helpful for my Darling Husband to know what his job is in getting me through labor. I don’t know what the class is like that my hospital offers but I’m going with the yoga studio class based on the reviews I’ve heard/read. Now I did watch the business of being born a couple of months ago and it totally freaked me out so I can totally understand your “less is more” approach when it comes to childbirth. A lot of the birth stories I have read talk about how hard labor got around transition, and being at different stages like -1, -2 etc and I have NO idea what they are talking about so I’m looking forward to learning about it in the labor class. I’m the kind of person who feels anxious if I don’t know what to expect so for me its important to know as much as possible going into it.

I think you’ll be find if you choose not to take a labor class just do what feels right. 

Post # 93
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

Hey mamas just wanted to share an awesome deal I got in diapers! I just bought A 216 count of pampers swaddlers for 50% off with free shipping. See the image below for the codes!

Post # 94
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

Post # 95
    4335 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

So this is random, but its kinda weird how there are still random people in my life who still don’t know I’m pregnant (like, clients,) and now that its getting cold out, even though I really am showing a lot, I don’t know when they will the able to tell bc I am wearing coats and sweaters all the time! Just funny how th timing worked…

Post # 96
    76 posts
    Worker bee

It’s a girl!  Our anatomy scan went smoothly and baby is healthy.  Now i just cannot wait to meet her!

Post # 97
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @MrsWBS:  Thanks for sharing! I ordered mine.

View original reply
    @red_rose:  I know there are a ton of people in my life who don’t know about baby yet but its because I don’t talk to them much. Just this morning I put on a shirt & told Darling Husband “I can’t wear this shit it doesn’t show off my bump, I want people to be able to see that I’m pregnant” he laughed at me.

View original reply
    @crysxo:  Congrats! Glad to hear baby is healthy. Welcome to team pink!!

Post # 99
    693 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Ahh, you totally do! Love it! You look so stinkin’ cute!

Post # 100
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Aww look at your baby! L-O-V-E the bump. I’ve been feeling SUPER round this week. I can’t wait for my next bump picture. 

Post # 102
    693 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
    @ThePrincessBride10612: 
    View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  I’ve been feeling much rounder this week too! I’ll be taking Week 21 tomorrow, so I’ll post in the next few days for sure.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 103
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee

I’m SO excited! This evening Darling Husband & I were lying around (after waking up from naps) and I asked him if we could go look at nursery furniture & if we found what we wanted could we buy it. He said, “yes” & I said, “did you hear that baby girl daddy said we could buy your furniture tonight.” Darling Husband then put his hand on my belly and felt baby girl kick for the first time. We both laughed & he said “yes you are SO having a girl because she’s clearly excited about shopping.” It was such a cool moment. So we went and bought our nursery furniture, crib, mattress, extra wide dresser with changing top, conversion kit, glider & ottoman and the night stands (I’m going to use one now next to the gilder.) I’m SO excited!!!

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  I take my bump picture tuesday nights after Darling Husband gets home from work, its the day my weeks turn. I’ll get my pic up tuesday night/wednesday morning. I can’t wait to take my 22 week bump pic from the beaches of Belize!!!

Post # 105
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @ThePrincessBride10612:  Really cute furniture! How fun! 

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  The bump is here! ๐Ÿ™‚ Congratulations, you look great! 

I saw a bunch of folks I hadn’t seen in awhile at a wedding this weekend, and it was fun to answer questions about the baby and talk to everyone about it. I hope I don’t end up looking to preggo in the pictures! 21 weeks today! 

Anyone having any new/different symptoms? I have to say not much new is happening here. I’ve actually been able to sleep through the night a bit better (knock on wood). And I’m eating a lot, but not too much. I’ve definitely started slacking off on eating veggies and fruits so much, but hopefully will be better next week! 

Post # 106
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Yeah we got it at pottery barn. We ended up opening a PB credit card too because they were doing double points this weekend so we’ll get 20% of our purchase back in PB rewards/credits. So excited for the other stuff we’ll be able to score with our rewards!!! 

I LOVE the grey crib. I can’t wait until all of our nurseries are done and we can share our pics with eachother!

View original reply
    @hippomama:  How fun that you got to see a bunch of folks at a wedding this weekend and talk about the baby ๐Ÿ™‚ we celebrated my cousins 3rd birthday and had a family dinner tonight. I haven’t seen most of my family since the end of September so it was fun for them to see my bump & ask about baby. My sister put her hands on my belly and talked to baby this afternoon, it was sweet. 

I’m not really having any new symptoms but I’m SO excited to report that I haven’t had a headache all week, wahoo! I’m also eating a LOT more. Last weekend I woke up at 5:30am (3 days in a row) ready for food so I got up and ate breakfast while it was still dark out and ended up going back to sleep on the couch until Darling Husband woke up. Last night I woke up at 1:30 and laid in bed for over an hour trying to fall asleep but I just ended up getting hungry so I got up and ate a mini bagel, some chicken,  some pretzls & a glass of juice. I was SO annoyed that I was hungry in the middle of the night. When I finally crawled back into bed at 3:30 Darling Husband reached for me & said “honey you are cold” and I was like “cuddle me” so he spooned me, I then proceeded to tell him how long I had been up, and that I had just finished eating a bagel, chicken, pretzls and juice…and then we went back to sleep. I asked him this morning if he remembers me getting up last night and cuddling with me in the middle of the night and he said “no”. Super funny!

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 5: Halfway There!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors