(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Moms Part 7 – Here Come the BABIES!!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 392
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@ThePrincessBride10612:  Congrats new Mommy!  Hopefully you could finally get a little rest.  She is beautiful.  What name did you decide on?

Post # 393
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@ThePrincessBride10612:  Congratulations, and great job! You rocked it! She is precious! 

Post # 394
273 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@ThePrincessBride10612:  congrats!!! Sounds like it was a looonnnngggg road for you, but well worth it:) she looks beautiful and I can’t wait to see her in her little tutu:)

Post # 395
1609 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
@ThePrincessBride10612:  she is beautiful!  Congrats to you and your family.  Definitely not small at all!

Post # 397
4435 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
@ThePrincessBride10612:  She is perfect! A huge congrats to you and DH on baby girl:)

Post # 399
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

View original reply
@ThePrincessBride10612:  Congratulations!  So glad to hear you and baby are doing well!

Post # 400
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@ThePrincessBride10612:  Congrats!!  She is gorgeous!  Well done, that was a long labour!  You look fantastic as well πŸ™‚

Post # 401
4575 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@ThePrincessBride10612:  She is so beautiful! Congratulations! I hope you two are doing well πŸ™‚

Post # 402
665 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
@bananasareyellow:  Ouchies about the nips, sounds like your doing a great job though. Definately wouldnt worry too much about the newborn hearing. My bestie runs the ENT department at our biggest hospital and is in charge of the newborn hearing screening, she says its so common for babies to fail the first one then past the next with flying colours. She thought she would give me the heads up so I didnt worry about it πŸ˜‰ 

Post # 403
1138 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@MeeShell:  That is great information, thank your friend for all of us! One less thing to worry about. 

Post # 405
11736 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@bananasareyellow:  yes the first 2 nights were a bit rough for us. Now she has been consistently sleeping 4-4.5 hour stretches at night. We have her in the pack n play mapper whic is a pretty flat surface so hopefully wot have trouble transitioning to crib. Once we get her curtains hung this weekend we will try naps in the crib. So far she’s a champion eater sleeper and pooper! She cluster feeds a ton at night between 7-10 but then is great for the night. 

Post # 406
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I just need a safe place to vent.  πŸ™‚ 

I went back to the OB this morning for my 37w appointment. Turns out that, based on last week’s growth scan, baby boy is still in the low risk category for shoulder dystocia, despite his size. So that is GREAT NEWS. No need to make any sort of induction/c-section decisions at this point. Woohoo! We’re going back for one more growth scan at 39w exactly (3/10) to see if his risk level is still low. If it’s moved up into the moderate or high risk range, then we might have to make some decisions at that point. But for now, I can breathe a little easier on that front. 

Here’s where the frustration comes in… This morning I woke up extra swollen in my feet/ankles and hands. So I mentioned it to the OB, and she looked me over and agreed — VERY swollen. When the nurse had taken my Bridal Party, it was 120/80. I know absolutely nothing about what Bridal Party numbers mean, but the nurse said that was good, and it sounded pretty similar to the numbers she had been telling me throughout my whole pregnancy. The OB did one more check to be safe, and it came out at 133/something. She said that’s still not a number that they’d be overly concerned about, but it IS higher than my normal readings. So now I have strict orders to really take it easy this weekend, and I’m going back first thing Monday morning, and then again Thursday morning, so they can keep a close eye on things. If the numbers get too high, or if I show any of the symptoms they warned me of today, then off to the hospital I go (presumably to deliver ASAP). I know that this is a fairly common thing this late in pregnancy, but I also know how serious pre-e is. So this news was a bit of a shock. I had been prepared to hear, “Your baby is huge, we need to schedule an intervention.” But the potential for pre-e really hadn’t even been on my radar! 

So anyway, first I called my DH, who is of course out of town for work this weekend (grrrr!), and I told him what’s going on. He was totally understanding of how I was feeling and helped me feel a lot better. I just wish he was actually HERE! Then I called my mom to give her the update. To be fair, she did offer to come over tomorrow afternoon to help me get stuff done around the house so that I can relax all day, but then these were her comments to me, “You’ve been eating like crap. Make sure you eat fresh. No chips, no crackers with salt, no canned stuff.” 

Um, thanks for the lecture, mom. But for one, I’ve only eaten like “crap” at the two parties we’ve attended together recently. I do not eat like crap on a regular basis. The contents of my lunch/snack bag every day: spinach, strawberry and banana smoothie; 1/2 cucumber; one serving of unsalted pretzels; one cup of peaches in light syrup; a handful of strawberries or some other fruit; pasta salad made with veggie pasta, cherry tomatoes, roasted peppers, fresh mozz and balsamic vinegar. Before my DH’s 30th birthday party on Saturday, I can’t even remember the last time I ate a chip! And, duh, OF COURSE I’m going to pay extra attention to my salt intake now. Ugh. She’s definitely looking out for me; I guess I was just looking for a little bit of babying from my mom, and I so didn’t get it. 

And while we’re at it, I’ll just add in the part where, at DH’s party, my mom pointed at me and said to my Mother-In-Law, “Did you ever get that big? I didn’t.” And Mother-In-Law was like, “No, not that big.” Thanks. Thanksssss a whole lot, ladies. Appreciate it. 

Ok, end rant. 

πŸ™‚

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Moms Part 7 – Here Come the BABIES!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors