(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Moms Part 7 – Here Come the BABIES!!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 481
665 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
MrsWBS:  
View original reply
bananasareyellow:  
View original reply
onyx81:  
View original reply
ThePrincessBride10612:  

Thank you ladies!! you’re all such great support. Im sure I will have a heap of time and will try updating tomorrow 😉 Just to make things even more scary a friend of mine who was due on 20th March had her baby on Monday of last week and he has been diagnosed with Downs Syndrome. She had the scan at 13 weeks and nothing was detected. So sad!! 

Post # 482
1138 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Hi ladies, just a quick update from me. DH and I spent most of last night in the hospital because I thought my water might have broken and went in to get checked out. It turned out, my water hadn’t broken. But it took us 6 hours to find that out, and by that time, I’d had a high blood pressure reading, so they wanted to do labs for pre-e.

My urine protein came back high, so they wanted to induce me last night. But after being in the hospital for 8 hours, I knew I couldn’t get through a labor if we started it right then, if I wasn’t able to go home for awhile and be myself and relax. So we talked to the attending for quite awhile, and I let him know that I was very concerned about the fact that we came in to test if my water had broken and even though it turned out it had not, I was experiencing the “cascade of interventions” and on the verge of being induced for high blood pressure which I’ve had for a month and a single high urine protein rating. 

So the doctor finally agreed to let me 1. do the 24 hour urine protein test before officially recommending induction and 2. do it at home. My doula was on the phone with us during the hospital stay and was like “get out of there!” I am so glad we did. DH and I had 2 lovely meals out with friends today and are now relaxing and watching TV. Tomorrow we go back for the results of the 24 hour test, and maybe I’ll have induction recommended. But at least I’ll go back fresh and rested, not after an 8 hour ordeal! 

FX that everything goes well and baby girl gets here healthy! 

Post # 483
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
ThePrincessBride10612: 
View original reply
bananasareyellow:  Thank you so, so much, ladies! Both of your stories are incredibly helpful and really make me feel at ease. I’m ready to do this thing, and whatever is required to get this boy out safely is what we’ll do. But to hear so many real-life successful induction stories makes me feel so much better. Bananas, I tried your PB&C recipe tonight (gross! lol) although I followed it up with some bouncing on the birthing ball rather than walking. (We did a bunch of walking earlier in the day, though.) Knock on wood, no GI issues thus far and it’s been a couple of hours. My belly is definitely harder now than it was earlier today, but I haven’t felt any definitive contractions, I don’t think. I’ve also been inserting 6 evening primrose oil tablets vaginally every 6-8 hours — recommended to me by the resident midwife at our hospital — since bedtime last night. The greasy discharge is not the most pleasant thing ever, but it’s certainly worth a shot! I’m also taking two tablets by mouth at night. And my sister and I went for pedicures today. That’s one old wives tale for inducing labor that I can REALLY get used to.  😛

Tomorrow is going to be much of the same — lots of walking and bouncing on the ball, more EPO tablets, another PB&C sandwich. Then hopefully by the time we get to the doc’s office Monday afternoon, we will have made SOME sort of progress. I’m hopeful!

Post # 484
693 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
hippomama:  Way to stand your ground, mama! Good luck tomorrow!

Post # 485
693 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
MeeShell:  Good luck tomorrow!

Post # 487
273 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
hippomama:  good luck with your follow up lab work! I can imagine it’d be easier to stay calm in the comfort of your own home…. that all must have been scary and overwhelming for you! 

MeeShell: good luck!! I’m thinking of you and sending good vibes your way:)

Post # 489
693 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
bananasareyellow:  Thanks! I went for a smoothie today instead. Spinach, strawberries, bananas, peanut butter… and castor oil. Not quite as gross as the sandwich, but I still felt like I was drinking envelope glue, LOL… My 30 minutes is just about up, so DH and I will be heading out for a walk shortly!

Post # 491
693 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
bananasareyellow:  Thanks! Still not feeling anything in the form of contractions, but I THINK I’m feeling more pressure down low. I hope he’s actually moving down and that I’m not just imagining things. I’m taking a little break now, we’ll probably eat dinner in a few, and then back on the birthing ball I go. I don’t know if we’ll get another walk in tonight, but definitely one more tomorrow morning before our growth scan.

View original reply
ThePrincessBride10612:  Going to read it right now! Can’t wait!

Post # 492
1138 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
LoveMikey:  Good luck tomorrow! Hope LO starts coming soon! 

View original reply
laa320:  Thank you! Yes it is so nice to be home. 

No word on my 24 hour test so far. My doula thinks no news is good news, that everything is likely fine. So that’s encouraging–now we’re back to the waiting game for baby girl. I would love to go into natural labor, so eating spicy food and drinking labor tea and eating dates… hope it works! 

Post # 493
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hello beautiful Mommas!  I have been away from this thread too long.  Today is DHs first day back to work and it’s just me and baby Marley hanging out at home now.  She is napping so I thought I’d share a few thoughts on my birth experience and the first week at home with baby.  For you ladies that have breach babies, just try and relax.  I was a mess of stress wondering what I could do to get Marley to flip.  some babies simply just present themselves breach and that’s the way it is.  I went in for a scheduled c-section and seriously the worst part of it was having my IV line set.  The nurse kept rolling my vein and it looked like a murder scene with blood running down my arm.  The actual procedure was smooth and easy peasy though.  I had a great team of Drs, the anesthesiologist was amazing and DH was a true hero to me and baby.  To be able to see the look on DHs face the moment that he saw our baby, is a moment that I will always treasure. He helped hold baby to my chest immediately after delivery and did his own skin to skin while surgery was finished.  I did get sick to my stomach after the surgery.  Not sure if it was the morphine boost before they removed the epidural or the anesthesia, but I puked three times that day.  Once the IV lines removed and I asked to be switched to oral doses of Motrin, I felt much better.  That leads me to the pain management.  For me, the pain was not bad at all.  Day two I was pretty tender and it was interesting to get in and out of bed, but the more I moved, th better I felt.  I was able to be comfortable in the hospital with 2 doses of 800 mg Motrin per day.  At home, I took OTC ibuprofen for three days.  

As far as packing for the hospital, I took maternity yoga/lounge pants and zipper/button down tops.  I agree that the mesh panties are great!!!  Snag as many of those as you can!  Also, I really preferred using th Always Infinity pads I brought from home as opposed to the bulky jumbo pads the hospital provides.  The only thing we needed for baby was her going home outfit.  I’m very glad that we took a newborn and 0-3 month option. She is so small that the newborn size is the only thing that fits!

The first week at home was pretty great for us.  DH and I had lots of laughs, worked as a team and bonded with each other and our little girl.  You will have lots of people wanting to visit, but it’s ok to turn them away.  Or, if you need help with a meal or laundry, by all means have those people help you with those things.  Marley eats every 3-4 hour an average and it can be exhausting, but I just think about how much she has already changed in a week and try to savor every second of this journey.  This time will be behind us sooner than we know.

I hope that all of you that have welcomed your babies into the world already are enjoying them as much as I am.  For those that are still waiting to say hello for the first time, it’s even more amazing than you can imagine.  

Post # 494
1138 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
sprusa6:  So great to hear from you! Sounds like you guys are doing great. 

AFM, my doctor called me Sunday night and told me, based on my Friday night results, to prepare for induction today. We did so–DH took the day off work, we told his parents to come to town, and waited for the doctor to call and confirm when we should come in. 

Around 1:30, we got a call from her and she said the results of my 24 hr urine test actually showed I don’t have pre-e. My protein level was 250, normal is 300 or below. So, never mind about that whole “induction” thing. So basically for the second time in 3 days we got a “false alarm” for induction. I’m just happy about keeping DD inside for as long as is healthy for her. I don’t know that she will ever come on her own, but I feel very confident that as long as it doesn’t endanger my health or hers, I’m happy she’s now at 39w1d rather than having been induced at 38w5d. 

We are seeing the doctor at 8 a.m. tomorrow, and if I’m fine then, she wants to see me again on Friday. Totally fine with me, I’m happy to be closely monitored. What I don’t want is an unnecessary induction. Only a necessary one. 

A side note: my doula suggested that rather than a hospital induction, I go to an acupuncturist to start labor. Apparently, it’s quite effective. But I talked to my good friend who is a doctor and an acupunturist, and he made the point that acupuncture is a medical procedure–it’s not like drinking tea or eating dates or something else “natural.” It’s exactly the same as taking pitocin–it affects the body very intentionally. He said it can trigger labor immediately–and I don’t want to go into labor while on the acupuncturist’s table. So I’m cancelling that appointment. Just thought I’d share in case anyone else is considering acupuncture! 

FX for all us March mamas as we bring our babies into the home stretch here! 

Post # 495
838 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
sprusa6:  thanks for sharing your birth story! Glad to hear you and baby are doing well. Such a cute name 🙂

View original reply
hippomama:  aw, man, that’s so frustrating! Hopefully third time’s a charm, but you’re right, as long as she’s happy and healthy!

AFM, I’m at 38 weeks today with no signs of baby coming anytime soon. I have to admit, I want her out because I selfishly want to start getting my body back. Of course, I also want to see her! But I’ve gained over 40 pounds now and it’s making me sad because all of a sudden, bam, stretch marks! So far noy terrible and fairly light, but if she goes another three weeks?

anyway, doc appointment today. I’ve never been checked internally and am thinking that’s something they just don’t do… But I can’t help but be curious.

Also, my last day at work was Friday!!!! Yeah!!!! One year off!!! My colleagues were so sweet and bought baby sooo many things.

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Moms Part 7 – Here Come the BABIES!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors