(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Moms Part 8 – Here Come MORE BABIES!!!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 242
11744 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
hoogirl05:  congrats!!!

View original reply
bananasareyellow:  got the all clear to dtd lol. I debate lying to Darling Husband though – I’m awful! I’m going away for a week tomorrow so I have a little more time lol. 

I have no idea how much dd eats but I wouldn’t be shocked if it was 5-6oz. She’s a little piglet! I think I will start pumping a little when I get back next week since my supply seems to be regulated again and she’s doing mucj better with letdown. The other night she ate for a few minutes and go super angry so I pumped a little off – I got 2 oz in literally 60 seconds and she ate that and then finished eating on the same side for another 5 minutes. 

View original reply
ThePrincessBride10612:  Dear Daughter slept TONS the past few days during the growth spurt. Only really stayed awake for 10 minutes to eat.

Post # 243
1165 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
MrsWBS:  Do you know how you’re going to start pumping?  I really want to start but i’m worried about starting the over supply all over again. I was thinking maybe pump the side he eats from when he’s done, but I don’t know how realistic that is when he needs to be burped and tends to be fussy after a feeding. Just looking for different options…

Post # 244
853 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
ThePrincessBride10612:  
View original reply
bananasareyellow:  I think I might have a lower supply than most. The doctor had me on domperidone (which I am still taking), and pumping is so difficult! Sometimes I only get about 2 oz and that’s from both sides combined. The most I have *ever* pumped has been 4 oz. It’s tough because I want to stock the freezer. Dear Daughter usually eats about 3-4 oz, so it takes me a bunch of pumps to get a bottle for her. I’m trying to pump after each feed to increase my supply, but it’s tough because after eating, she likes to be held.

The last few nights have been rough. I think she’s got a little bit of reflux, and putting her back down in her crib after feeding her is difficult. I have to wait 15-20 minutes after I feed her. I hold her upright during this time, hoping that will prevent her from spitting up. But it seems that half an hour after she goes down, she’s waking herself up and milk is coming back up. I wish it was okay to let them sleep on their stomachs!!

Post # 245
11744 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
Jaynee:  someone with oversupply and oald said their LC told them to pump an hour after baby eats and only on the side they ate on. Stop around 1 oz. I think I am going to try this first once a day to start. I’ll prob pump until 1 oz or 5-10 minutes if I can’t get an oz to start. 

Post # 246
1153 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
Jaynee:  My LC suggested the same thing, pumping for 10 minutes after feeding the baby but realistically my baby wants to be held, burped and snuggled after eating too.. It’s just too hard to try to do it. If i am going to pump i try to make sure its at least 1 hour before i think baby wants to eat or 1 hour after (or once she’s settled). 

View original reply
jules28:  Have you read/heard about power pumping? 10 minutes on the pump 10 minutes off repeat 3 times for a total of 30 minutes of pumping? I heard its supposed to mimic cluter feeding and help boost your supply. My friend did it and she’s getting 4 more oz/day. I did it also and felt like i saw a boost in my supply. (I wasn’t even having supply issues … so I’m not sure what my obsession with not running out of milk is but its something i def worry about.) 

View original reply
MrsWBS:  Maybe just don’t mention to Darling Husband about the all clear =) my Darling Husband came with to my PP check up and my doc didn’t specifically say DTD was a go, she just said i could resume working out. another week sebatical from DTD isn’t a bad thing =)

AFM – Aunt Flo came to town last night, wtf? I guess “pull and pray” or “BF’ing” aren’t going to be my preferred methods of BC now because i don’t want irish twins! I’m hoping its a fluke and that I don’t get regular periods from now on. 

Post # 247
1610 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
ThePrincessBride10612:  AF already! That’s crazy!  I haven’t even stopped my postpartum bleeding yet!

View original reply
MrsWBS:  According to the email I got from Lucie’s List today, the majority of women don’t start having sex until 11 wks postpartum, so I wouldn’t feel bad abt it!

View original reply
Jaynee:  My LC told me to pump 1 hour after the morning feeding, and that shouldn’t really mess with your supply.  if you do it too soon after baby eats, it may increase your supply.

Post # 248
11744 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
onyx81:  haha I totally read that email to him the other day! He’s fine waiting until I’m ready I just feel bad! It’s been foreverrrrr.

Post # 250
1165 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
MrsWBS:  
View original reply
onyx81:  
View original reply
ThePrincessBride10612:  Thank you, ladies!  Considering you all got the same advice from different LCs, it looks like that’s what I’ll be trying!

Post # 251
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Oops! I’ve been completely delinquent at updating.

Benjamin Clark arrived 3/27 weighing 8 lbs 8 oz. I was induced that morning with a Foley catheter inserted. Holy painful contractions. I made it until about noon before I took a dose of narcotic to sleep, then got the epidural when that wore off. I had hoped to go drug free, but I can’t really imagine making it without the epi. It was magical. After that, things progressed well. My water didn’tbreak  until an internal exam when I was already 8-9 inches. Sorry resident!  I pushed for what seemed like an eternity but apparently was only 28 minutes. They ended up using a vacuum to aid his 99%ile head in getting out.

Almost two weeks in and we’re doing prett well. Breastfeeding is going fine and he’s gaining weight. I am looking forward to the point when it doesn’t feel like my nipples are being grated with a cheese grater however. We’ve been super lucky and have had both grandmas around so I haven’t had to focus on anything other than feeding him and trying to sleep. It will be quite an adjustment next week when it’s just the 3 of us and we have to cook and do laundry.

Thanks for sharing your stories, it helps to read what’s a few weeks ahead!

Post # 253
853 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
cafrinB:  Congratulations!!

Update: I bought a baby k’tan today and it is awesome! They only had the brown and grey, but because of what some of you have said about the grey being tight, I went with the brown. Love, love, love it! Dear Daughter is sound asleep in it right now.

Post # 254
1165 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
jules28:  Yay, glad you like your K’tan!  

I bought a Moby today and so far I’m liking it.  I was finally able to wear Oliver for an hour or so, although my back was hurting by the time I took him out.  I was intimidated by it for a long time but finally decided it was probably the best option for me, and I think I’m going to like it.

Post # 255
1153 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Have any of you noticed a drastic change in the number of poops your LO makes? Reagan went from 6-7 poopie diapers down to 1/day this week. It’s so weird!

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Moms Part 8 – Here Come MORE BABIES!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors