(Closed) March 2015 Timeline

posted 5 years ago in March 2015
Post # 4
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2015 - The Lodge at Mackenzie Place

@Booknerd:  You and I are in a similiar boat!  Currently, I have no ring or formal proposal…we decided we were going to get married early last year and we decided to start saving with the goal of Pi Day 2015 (Plenty of time to save for wedding, ring, and etc in our heads).  Over Labor Day weekend we decided to look at this venue just to “see” and the price was just right(cheap with tables/chairs/linens/silverware etc venue for the whole weekend included), they were open to ANYTHING we wanted to do, it is beautiful and requires minimal decoration…they are new and want to make a good impression so we booked them! We plan on doing the ceremony and reception at the same location. We decided to keep our plans hush hush until he “officially” proposes, but we plan on getting some of the major things out of the way beforehand so when we are “official” we can tell people when, where, and to plan on bringing their dancing shoes!

Next 6 months:

Research Vendors including DJ, Photographer, Caterer

Touch Base with Venue to check pricing of “extras” such as bar/in house caterer

Pinterest my brain out for budget bride ideas for the non-crafty

Hopefully 9 months out or so

Book a DJ/Photographer/Caterer (or stay with in-house catering)

Check out Bridal Fashions

Think about centerpieces-maybe contact florist

Think about invites (try to locate some cute cheap circle ones)

At Some Point After Official Engagement

Dress Shopping with mom

Get a Bridal Party Together Including a Friend Who Would Like to Conduct Ceremony (yay CO for relaxed rules regarding officiants)

Figure out Hair/Makeup

Rehearse and eat!

Get Married Smile

Post # 6
92 posts
Worker bee

not officially engaged but we are planning of a march 2015 wedding also. not settled on a date as we need to finish the house buying first but i have started to look at vendors etc to have an idea of the costs 

Post # 7
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015 - City Winery New York, NY

@Booknerd:  I just started planning, as well. I feel like it is early, but I’m terrified that I’ll fall in love with a venue only to find out it is booked. I’m hoping we can start looking at locations by early February at the latest.

I look forward to hearing more about how ya’ll are progressing.

Post # 8
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2015

@Booknerd: We’ve got a lot done already! I like to have all of my ducks in a row. 0:)

Venue is booked.
Officiant is booked.
Photographer was booked & deposit was made, then she backed out on us!! Working out the contract with another photographer now who is awesome so I’m happy with how things have worked out.
Videographer is booked.
DJ is booked.
My dress has been bought! 

As for decor, we have 38 mason jars, 2 lanterns, and some Ikea frames.

I found invitations I like on Etsy and want to do those myself.

Still undecided about a florist. I keep going back and forth between just doing the bouquets myself and having flowerless centerpieces with lanterns/candles/mason jars. The only florist I contacted said it was way too early anyway and didn’t even talk to me lol. 

Can’t wait for time to get closer!!! 

Post # 9
1282 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2017 - Baton Rouge, LA

woop woop yall!! I’m so glad these boards are starting to get activity!

We have our venue & photographer booked! I told Fiance we could wait til 2014 to start looking into much else. I plan on DIYing a lot, so I’ll be getting started pretty soon!

We are actually planning our weddings… so crazyyy!!! Good luck to everyone!!! :)))

Post # 10
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2015 - The Lodge at Mackenzie Place

@gcwoolwedding:  DUDE!  I AM INSPIRED BY YOU GETTING IT DONE LIKE A CHAMP!!!

Post # 11
4525 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

We have been engaged 3 months and are starting to look at venues. We saw one and loved it, but Future Mother-In-Law pretty much insists that we see a couple more before booking. So, we’re seeing one next weekend and another pretty soon. My dream would be this gorgeous ocean front place in Atlantic City but it’s not really practical for us since we’re trying to save by having it on a Sunday and it would be a drive for our guests. Oh well, the people we love are more important than a pretty venue

Post # 12
642 posts
Busy bee

Pi Day Bride here! We’ve been engaged for a year, so we’ve been putting things off because we figured “Hey, there’s tons of time.”

We are now less than 15 months out! We’re going to go look at out-of-town venues this weekend: 4 in one day!

Complete so far: Date, Colors, Guest List.

In the next three months we plan to: Lock down a vendor, pick the wedding party, hire a coordinator/planner (if needed), and lose a few pounds before gown shopping in March.

In March: we begin picking food/cake/photo/DJ vendors as allowed by our venues, dress shopping, etc.  

Post # 13
4525 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

We have seen 1 venue. We’ll see 2 more Sunday and then the final 2 next Saturday. Then we’ll book, think about Save-The-Date Cards for a few months off, and relax a bit. Then we’ll panic because we relaxed too long, lol

Post # 14
16 posts
Newbee

@whatsherface04:  Lol!!! Sooo many people are like, “you’re not even going to have anything to do when the wedding comes…” like that’s a problem?!! No way! I love getting shit done, lol. 

Post # 15
95 posts
Worker bee

We’ve been engaged for a month and I’ve booke. The venue, bought my dress, decided on all decor, making Save-The-Date Cards in the next week or so (the majority of guests are about a 4 hour drive away), chosen bridesmaids, have appointments with the photographers I like next weekend…em I think that’s it. Oh chosen tartans for the kilts too! I’m a bit of a freak about organising too so I’m in my element! 

Post # 16
334 posts
Helper bee

Hi Bees! We got engaged about 5 weeks ago, and have just booked our venue. We have a meeting with a celebrant tomorrow evening… Man, it’s all becoming veeeerrry real after years of imagining!

The topic ‘March 2015 Timeline’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors