(Closed) March 2016 Mamas!! Springing into our 2nd Trimester!!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 61
1341 posts
Bumble bee

oliviakatherine: Haha  I’m not a good person to ask. In your pic (probably due to positioning of him) I can’t even make out the head, body, legs etc haha. Do you have a clearer picture? 

Post # 63
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I know this board isn’t as active as the FB group, but I wanted to share with anyone who hasn’t joined us there too! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 64
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

What # is this for your family? #1

How far along are you? 17 weeks, 2 days

Team Pink, Blue, or Green? Team Blue!!! …or so the doc thinks =). We’ll know for sure in 2 weeks!!!

Are you having a Gender Reveal? Nope. We just told the parents and such when we found out.

Cravings? Depends on the day, but this baby loves Mexican food and Sushi (no worries…only rolls with all cooked additives)

Symptoms? Serious bloating, mild nausea when I don’t eat on time. I’m getting some of my energy back, so that’s better.

Any nursery ideas & where are you registering at? None. I think I’ll focus on that in a few months *shrug*

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/march-2016-mamas-springing-into-our-2nd-trimester/#ixzz3mlNZAEp5

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  tprevost.
Post # 65
342 posts
Helper bee

tprevost:  I’m so glad there are coked sushi options! I would be so tempted to eat raw sushi if there wasn’t.

Post # 66
1341 posts
Bumble bee

LoLo0113:  interesting. From my understanding, and this is also something everyone else I know who has been pregnant goes by, it’s the rice as much as the raw seafood. Rice, once cooked and cooled is one of the biggest breeding grounds for bacteria. Especially as sushi joints tend to not keep things well refrigerated (similar to why premade salads are a no no) and you don’t know how long ago the rice was cooked. I miss sushi soooooo much but won’t be touching it until I have my baby… Unless I can bring myself to learn to make it fresh at home. Effort but should be well worth it. Mmmmmm

Post # 67
342 posts
Helper bee

mazzoffee:  I’ll take my chances. My doctor didn’t even flinch when I told her I’ve had cooked sushi. I don’t get too hung up on all of the things you shouldn’t eat during pregnancy. If I want it, I’m going to eat it. With that said, I’m a picky eater and don’t eat much of the stuff you’re not supposed to have anyway. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I will have a sip of my hubby’s drink or beer, or have a half glass of wine on occasion as well.

Post # 68
887 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

LoLo0113:  I went out for sushi with my husband a few weeks ago to a place we go often and trust that it’s safe. You know a sushi restaurant is decent when it’s full of Asian patrons right?  Haha. Anyways I’m right there with you,  I’ll take my chances. If it’s good enough for pretty well every woman in Japan it’s good enough for me. I had salmon sashimi as well and the tiniest bite of my husband’s tuna sashimi – I’m more concerned about not choosing large predatory fish bc of heavy metal content than I am about food safety. 

Post # 69
1341 posts
Bumble bee

Yeah fair enough. Everyone has different limits… I wish I was allowing myself sushi but I have been warned it’s similar risk to leftover chicken etc. At a restaurant I probably would as you can probably assume rice was cooked that day. That being said, I am drinking coffee, eating soft cheese if I know it’s been pasturised and toasted ham cheese tomato sandwiches. 

Post # 70
342 posts
Helper bee

mazzoffee:  It’s so true that everyone has different limits, and I’m glad that so far no one has been judgy about it. ๐Ÿ™‚

How is everyone else feeling? I think I’m one of the last few to officially get into the second trimester. I was down and out for the weekend with flu-like symptoms, but after getting tons of sleep I’m feeling pretty normal again. I’m also surprised that I can still fit into my regular work pants. Last pregnancy I needed to wear maternity pants by 10w, so that makes me feel good. I’m excited for fall weather and nice cozy sweaters!

Post # 71
1341 posts
Bumble bee

LoLo0113:  Exsctly!

welcome to the 2nd trimester. Hopefully it is a good one. I’m 17 weeks and feeling well. A bit tired and i think it’s time to stop wearing normal jeans and work pants. They fit, but they just create too much pressure making it uncomfortable to sit. I’m too early for maternity though so wondering if I should find some of those extenders you can put on your pants. Starting to worry about the weight gain, but looked it up this morning and it seems to be below the average so I guess I don’t have to worry for now. 

Post # 72
342 posts
Helper bee

I hope I got everyone. I was rious what people’s due dates were so I put it all in one place. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 73
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m a little late to the game, but figured I would join in! Hope you ladies don’t mind!

What # is this for your family? 1!

How far along are you? 17 weeks, 2 days.  Due March 14th!

Team Pink, Blue, or Green? Blue

Are you having a Gender Reveal? No

Cravings? Anything unhealthy lol

Symptoms? mild cramping, crazy dreams, tiredness

Any nursery ideas & where are you registering at?  Jungle theme.  I think I am going to do my main registry and Buy Buy Baby (since people can use the Bed Bath coupons) and add a few things from BRU – even though I really can’t stand them. Lol

Post # 74
142 posts
Blushing bee

What # is this for your family? Number 2, quite happily unexpectedly pregnant, after taking 24 months ttc no.1, we were surprised by this pregnancy.

How far along are you? 19 weeks, due March 5th, although this date is pretty fluid, as we don’t really know, af hadn’t returned after my last pregnancy! 

Team Pink, Blue, or Green? Find out next Friday 

Are you having a Gender Reveal? nope

Cravings? Nectarines at the start of my pregnancy, but now they are out of season, nothing else yet.

Symptoms? Baby has started dancing, and my hips are starting to hurt! 

Any nursery ideas & where are you registering at? This is no.2, and no1 is only 14 months, so we still have everything!! 

The topic ‘March 2016 Mamas!! Springing into our 2nd Trimester!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors