(Closed) March 2016 POAS Board

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 16
599 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015 - Anchor Inn, MD

View original reply
MissCorgi22: I do most of my research on Ancestry.com (but that can get expensive, especially if you’re running out of hits and stop using it for a bit) and FamilySearch.org. I’ve also gone to the Maryland State Archives to do some research. I’ve mostly just found info about my dad’s side of the family — his dad died when he was young, and his dad’s dad was orphaned at a young age as well — so we never really had much info about them. I’ve found immigration records and etc. too for both sides of my family so that’s cool. Nothing like “Benjamin Franklin is my great great great uncle!” but stuff that’s cool to us.

View original reply
EL2101:  What DNA analysis did you do?? I’ve been wanting to try out “23 and Me” just because it seems cool. But it’s a little pricey just to do for the coolness factor — hard to justify spending the money on it when I don’t have a legit real reason to need to do it. It could be really useful for you though because it is also a social network that compares DNA to other people who have done it and connects people who are actually related but maybe don’t even know it.

Post # 18
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Yay! So excited to be back

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 29/30

Baby #:1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD13

Ovulation Date: probably today or tomorrow  OPK was almost positive this morning

POAS Date: maybe March 4th  my cycles have been weird

Usual Cycle Length:I wish I knew. I went from 108 to 29 to 42days

Cycles Trying: This is #3. It would be 4 but I skipped last month because of a late cycle

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Timing, prenatals, raspberry leaf tea, a little bit of OPKs and charting  I haven’t fully committed though

Link to Chart, if any:

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Do you have a hobby? I love softball and and dancing. I wish I could do those more. I definitely miss it. But I do try to have my own private dance party as often as possible. 

Post # 19
11 posts
Newbee

ROLL CALL – longtime lurker! When I got married, I stalked the boards constantly….now that DH and I are ttc I can’t resist participating anymore 🙂 I am so excited to be here!

Your age/partner’s age: 29 / 30

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD6

Ovulation Date: CD 15-ish

POAS Date: 3/12

Usual Cycle Length: 29 days

Cycles Trying: 1

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): going to start temping this month (as soon as I get the thermometer in the mail, grr usps) and I have been taking a prenatal. What’s this pineapple business? I love pineapple so any excuse to eat it would be GREAT.

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Do you have a hobby?  Do you collect anything particular?  if No, do you have a favorite garage sale or auction find?  Tell us a bit about it

Mmm no real hobbies right now. I just started a new job that is very intense and stressful, so all my old hobbies went out the window. I just wrote down some of my personal goals for 2016 and “develop doable hobbies” was on there.

Post # 23
599 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
bloomingflower:  My hubby is a huge comic book nerd — particularly Superman. We had a fusion nautical/comic book themed wedding (table numbers were famous comic couples, we had a Superman S on our wedding cake (which cleverly doubled as our last name initial too) etc.), his wedding ring has a Superman symbol on it, he even has a Superman running tattoo. He’s obsessed. 

Post # 24
599 posts
Busy bee

We are also planning on naming our son (if we have a boy) Kent. As in Clark Kent. He may be obsessed but I guess I’m also an enabler lol.

Post # 25
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
JMer711:  I had a legit Ancestry addiction this past December – it is really cool to find out info, especially if you can find old family photos other people have added. I found out I’m related to the LaRue line (long American line), and they have a huge family association and a family reunion every year- so that is kind of cool 🙂

Post # 26
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 29/33

Baby #: 2, DD is almost 16 months!!

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD2

Ovulation Date: CD 16-18 so March 2-4

POAS Date: March 15 (my moms birthday!)

Usual Cycle Length: 29-30 days

Cycles Trying: #4

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): prenatals, temping, pressed, opks.

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Do you have a hobby?  Do you collect anything particular?  if No, do you have a favorite garage sale or auction find?  Tell us a bit about it 

Don’t really have any hobbies, I have a busy toddler! I play SloPitch in the spring if that counts? I am also Konmaring my house right now which keeps me pretty busy.

Post # 27
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 21/37

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: 3/5

POAS Date: 3/17 – could be an interesting St. Patricks Day…

Usual Cycle Length: According to my app they are 31 days, but I think it is closer to 29

Cycles Trying: This is #4

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Timing, prenatals, other viamins

Link to Chart, if any:

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Do you have a hobby? I do calligraphy on the side, what started out as a hobby is now a small side business for me. My great-great aunt was an art teacher and got me interested in it when I was younger. I’ve been doing invitations for the past 3 years. Best projects have been marriage licenses (yes, people want someone with nice handwriting to fill them out!) and doing invitations for my friends. It’s so fun to get the final product in the mail!

Post # 28
766 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
JMer711:  I did ancestry. It also has a social component so I’ve been able to connect with some of my Mom’s birth family, who I knew were Canadian and I learned they were of German origin. Nothing on my dad’s side yet! I would LOVE to do 23andMe, it sounds way more interesting than the ancestry. 

Post # 29
6580 posts
Bee Keeper

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: Both 31

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD2

Ovulation Date: TBD

POAS Date: March 11th

Usual Cycle Length: 24-25 days

Cycles Trying: 2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Just BD’ing when we can, also taking B6 for my short LP

Link to Chart, if any: No chart

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Do you have a hobby? Do you collect anything particular? if No, do you have a favorite garage sale or auction find? Not really a hobby, but I’m addicted to the Gymboree buy and sell pages on FB.  My DD has too many clothes!

Post # 30
39 posts
Newbee

I am not sure yet if this will be our month to start TTC ( will depend last minute on husband’s travel schedule) but I want to get on this board just in case! If not this month, next!! 🙂

Your age/partner’s age: 25/25

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1!

Ovulation Date: 3/2

POAS Date:  3/16

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days

Cycles Trying: #1

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, Ovia app, CM

Link to Chart, if any:

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Do you have a hobby? sewing!

The topic ‘March 2016 POAS Board’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors