(Closed) March 2016 POAS Board

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 31
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

FX for everyone! I originally thought that we might take this month (and next month) off because we don’t love the idea of a holiday baby. But at this point, I’ll take a baby any month, so here I am!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 32/38

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD8

Ovulation Date: 2/25

POAS Date: 3/9

Usual Cycle Length: 28-30

Cycles Trying: I’m pretty sure this is 4. But our first few months were more like NTNP. I would say that last month was the first month that we actually tried pretty hard. 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Charting, prenatals, red raspberry leaf, BD EOD. I also just got some of the Clear Blue Easy digital OPKs. I never got anywhere with wondfos, so I’m hoping I have better luck with CBEs. 

Link to Chart, if any:

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Do you have a hobby? Do you collect anything particular? if No, do you have a favorite garage sale or auction find? Tell us a bit about it.  

Is trying to get pregnant a hobby?? Just kidding. Sort of. I don’t collect anything, but I do love film photography. It is nothing more than a hobby, but someday, I would love to have a darkroom at my house. 

Post # 32
848 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

Alright, here we go again. Thanks to the op for starting the new thread!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 27/34

Current Cycle Day/DPO: Cd6

Ovulation Date: I think CD13 

POAS Date: march 13th 

Usual Cycle Length: 28-29 days

Cycles Trying: 6

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): charting, preseed during FW, prenatals and bd ED during window. 

Link to Chart, if any:

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Do you have a hobby?  Do you collect anything particular?  if No, do you have a favorite garage sale or auction find?  Tell us a bit about it.

We are currently renting but have decided to slowly update our furniture and make our place a little more ‘us’. We love a bargain and ended up getting most of our furniture on varage sale and my husband repurposed some wood he had to make floating shelves in our living room. We bought our 2 year old livingroom set, antique dining table and coffee table on varage for $750 and we found an alcohol cabinet and an end table for $75. Our goal was to redo the livingroom for under a grand. The last thing we need are curtains and a light to go over the dining room table. I’ve already started collecting inspirations pictures for the bedroom lol. 

Post # 33
249 posts
Helper bee

Ah I’ve been waiting for the March board. First time TTC’er here. No idea what to expect but thought it would be fun to join.

Your age/partner’s age: me-30 him-32

Baby #: numero uno

Current Cycle Day/DPO: Cd8

Ovulation Date: Fertility Friend says March 3rd, but I’m just off the pill so who knows.

POAS Date: March 16th

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days on pill, but I was pretty regular at 30 days prior to pill

Cycles Trying: first one

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): lots of BDing and have been on prenatals for a few months now. Trying to eat better and exercise in recent months too. 

Link to Chart, if any: no chart. I’ll start charting at 6 months ttc

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Do you have a hobby? Nope, not really. Watching really, horrible, bad reality tv. 

Good luck this month everyone!

Post # 34
3791 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
Mrs.MackenzieS:  My husband thought the same thing, but not necessarily a holiday baby but cos November is his hunting month (his ONE hobby), so he’s gone for a lot of month. I told him that knowing our luck, it’d be THE month it probably does happen since he doesn’t want it. He wanted to take a month off, but I told him that we can’t… mainly for selfish reason and although age is not a factor these days – we’re getting up there. I just turned 35 an dhe just turned 37. I just want a baby!

I have a friend who has all holiday babies. July 5, end of November, the day before Labor Day one year, and is due in April and could have been Easter, but Easter is early.

Post # 35
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
Kacie209:  Maybe we can reverse psychology our bodies into giving us babies this month since it would be less convenient than other months! 😉  I guess it is worth a shot right?!?  I actually wouldn’t mind a holiday baby. It would be a great time to be off work. Plus, that would mean we wouldn’t have to travel (to my in-laws) for the holidays and could just stay home with the babe. I guess there goes my reverse psychology plan. Haha. Good luck!!!

Post # 36
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Your age/partner’s age:  37/34

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD21

Ovulation Date: Not sure this month – started using the CBFM and I’ve had over 10 days of High readings.  By calculations, I should ovulate no later than tomorrow.

POAS Date:  March 1

Usual Cycle Length:  31-32 days

Cycles Trying:  3 – following a miscarriage and D&C in October.

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.):  BDing at least every other day during the fertile window, OPK, prenatals.  Since my body was still a little off after the miscarriage, I wanted to give my cycle a few months to settle and readjust before adding anything else in the mix (charting, consulting a RE, etc.)  It seems like now my cycle is predictable again, but I’m not sure if I’m ovulating.

Link to Chart, if any: N/A

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – I’m a trail runner and a pretty passionate home cook.  I collect old cookbooks and spend hours in the kitchen each week testing out recipes.  Both running and cooking are my go-to ways to relax and cooking lets me explore my creativity as well. 

Post # 37
3791 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
Mrs.MackenzieS:  That was kind of my thought for any baby born October – December… I’d get my time off from work and be off when it’s the coldest! And if before Thanksgiving, I can stay in town – although I usually leave with my parents to my grandparents and DH stays here as he always works the day after.

So along, with just wanting to get pregnant… a part of me hope it’s not a November due date for his sake, and then December will be our target month. And, we were just in Vegas during my last fertile window at the end of January. I was hoping we could say it was a Vegas baby and celebrate our 2-year wedding anniversary with an upcoming child a week later.

Post # 39
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2015

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/38 (for the March board…his birthday is Feb 26 :))

Baby #: Mine 1, His 4

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD9 (Fertile Window :))

Ovulation Date: Around 2/23

POAS Date: 3/6ish

Usual Cycle Length: Usually 28 days, has been 23 and 26 for last 2 cycles.

Cycles Trying: 4 after MMC

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD EOD, OPK’s, Prenatals, Prayer 🙂

Link to Chart, if any:

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Do you have a hobby? Do you collect anything particular? if No, do you have a favorite garage sale or auction find? Tell us a bit about it. – I don’t really have any particular hobbies.  We like to go boating in the summer.  We just bought our littles a 4 wheeler so it has been fun wathcing them learn to ride it. 

Here is to hoping that March is our month! I was pretty bummed last month when we had to tell our littles about our angel baby.  We were hoping to be pregnant again before we had to tell them.  Talk about a heartbreaking experience.  I think if this cycle is short again, I will be contacting my OB to see what is up.  I have had some persistent right sided ovary pain (not hurtful, just annoying) for the last two months.  Thinking it may be a cyst??? If we don’t get pregnant this month, I am going to try to get into the doctor.  Also, I am working on quitting smoking (horrible habit, I know!) and dipping into some fertility yoga and walking.  I am not a “exercise” person, but figured I need to do everything I can to make that baby! 

Post # 42
492 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Your age/partner’s age: 31/34

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: cd5

Ovulation Date: unsure

POAS Date: 3-13

Usual Cycle Length: 28

Cycles Trying: 19

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): I’ve been taking prenatals for years now, Co-Q10, omegas, calcium, b complex (the dissolvable one from Trader Joes), OPK, and going to the gyno tomorrow. This is my month, I’m sure of it!

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Do you have a hobby?  Do you collect anything particular?  if No, do you have a favorite garage sale or auction find?  Tell us a bit about it.

Unless eating popcorn and binge watching Netflix are hobbies, then no. Seattle has such shitty garage sales. Everything overpriced. That’s what we get for having so many hipsters and upcycling

Post # 43
1274 posts
Bumble bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/31

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD13

Ovulation Date: not sure yet I’m starting to do my fade in on wondfos so hopefully 2/20 maybe?

POAS Date: 3/5

Usual Cycle Length: not sure last cycle was 35 days

Cycles Trying: 2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): OPKs and charting  

Link to Chart, if any: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/happy2bee

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Hobbies – I love anything crafty.  I refinsh furniture, I also love cooking, meal planning and budgeting (is that a hobby?)

Post # 44
149 posts
Blushing bee

I was hoping O would happen a lot earlier, but finally got my positive OPK today, so I’m here to roll call!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/30

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 38

Ovulation Date: Guessing 2/19 or 2/20 (I really need to start temping!)

POAS Date: March 4, 2016

Usual Cycle Length: who knows! 30 to 45 days

Cycles Trying: I think this our 11th. We had a m/c in January.

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, prenatals, DHA, baby aspirin, CoQ10

Link to Chart, if any: ugh, I really need to better about charting!

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Do you have a hobby? Do you collect anything particular? if No, do you have a favorite garage sale or auction find? Tell us a bit about it.

My favorite hobby is baking, though my thighs would disagree! I love trying new recipes and new combinations!

Post # 45
535 posts
Busy bee

ROLL CALL!!

Your age/partner’s age: 26/27

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 13 / dont know

Ovulation Date: Not sure

POAS Date: If I have a standard cycle it will be March 8th. But this is my first month off bcp so it may be way different. If I dont have AF by March 8th I will POAS, so we can say that date!

Usual Cycle Length: I have been on birth control for 10years, so I have had a normal cycle in a longg time

Cycles Trying: 1

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD every other day for the whole month(well or more if the mood hits). Of course to help conceive, but we also thought it would be fun just to keep intimacy alive! If it takes a few months we may stop BDing every other day and become more technical!  🙂

Link to Chart, if any: none

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Do you have a hobby? I love tennis in the summers. This isnt really a hobby but I love making home(cooking/cleaning/decorating/organizing) all of it. I love shopping for home stuff and making a really nice home for my husband and I. 

The topic ‘March 2016 POAS Board’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors