(Closed) March 2016 POAS Board

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 46
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Got a super positive wondfo OPK this morning, but of course DH had already left for work. Lunch break BD’ing it is! Fingers crossed! 

At first I was so anti having a November – February baby due to the holidays and the weather and just the overall chaos of our lives that time of year, but now that I’m staring that potential reality in the face, it seems like such a small concern now. Our baby getting here healthy and happy is all that matters to me at this point.  Are there more ideal times of the year to have a baby? Sure! If I could pick a good birth month would I? Absolutely. But once you’ve walked this road for a while, the drawbacks about certain months seem to become less important. 

Although I am really crossing my fingers behind my back for a baby in 2016. Even if it comes Dec. 31st. Paying 2 insurance deductibles would be the worst! 

Post # 47
599 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015 - Anchor Inn, MD

View original reply
Pepper123:  I’m with you re: holiday baby! We were initially planning on taking this month and next month off. But once we got here we just couldn’t bring ourselves to avoid getting preg, so we compromised and decided not to chart and OPK and all that stuff and just let it happen if it’s going to happen (although I’ve snuck in a couple OPKs just out of curiosity and have been checking CM/CP to see if I’m gearing up to O).

Post # 48
490 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
JMer711:  That sounds really cool especially when you had known so little about your dad’s side.  I’ve never looked into myself but one of my cousins has.  I think she found a few things.  I’ll have to ask her about it. 

View original reply
megan2016:  Welcome!  They say that pineapple, especially the core, contains bromelain which is a natural blood thinner and may help with implantion. Last cycle, I used the directions from this page: http://natural-fertility-info.com/bromelain-pineapple-for-implantation.html  I’ll try it again because I can’t see how it can hurt.  Plus it’s cheap and I like pineapple anyway.

View original reply
jfair:  What is Konmaring?

Post # 49
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
MissCorgi22:  as silly as it sounds it is the japanese art of tidying. It was developed by a Japanese woman name Marie Kondo. Essentially it teaches you how to properly tidy your house so that by the end of it you only have items in your house that “spark joy” and you have touched every item in your home and everything will have a place. lot is done by categories rather then room. I am doing it through a schedule in a Facebook group so I started in January and every week is a new category. I will be done in June! 

I was was a bit skeptical at first but after reading the book and starting the process it has been amazing and I have gotten  of so much unused and unwanted items!

Post # 50
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Hi ladies! Hoping to be able to join this board soon! I’m currently on CD 22 and still have not ovulated! 

I am going crazy! And slightly freaking out that something is wrong with me. I’ve been temping and tracking for the last 3 cycles and have never had any issue identifying when I ovulate, usually between CD 17-21. But this cycle I’m not feeling any O pain, no CM, no temp shift. It’s so strange! My OPKs had a nice dark line the last two days but weren’t quite positive yet. This morning the test line was hardly visible! No idea what my body is doing! 

I mentioned in the last POAS thread that I was incredibly stressed the first week of my cycle and then had a cold the second week so I’m praying that it might just be delayed this month. But my stress level is through the roof right now bc of this! If anyone had experiences with having delayed ovulation I would love to hear them. Maybe that will help calm my crazy. 

Post # 51
599 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015 - Anchor Inn, MD

View original reply
jfair:  Oh man I might need to look into this. I feel like we just have SO MUCH STUFF and I don’t know where to put it. I go to other people’s houses and they’re so tidy and clutter free and I’m like HOW DO YOU DO THAT!? Like, even when our house is clean we still have tons of stuff everywhere — pictures and knicknacks. Other people’s houses feel so empty and clean. I feel like they’re hiding it somehow and I wanna know their secret lol

Post # 52
249 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
JMer711:  you should try it!! The book is a super quick read and there are lots of facebook groups to help (just read the book first because if you ask a question people will usually not answer unless  have read the book haha).

Post # 56
1136 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

ugh just got back from the doctor’s…I have the flu 🙁 🙁 I am really hoping DH doesn’t get it because that will really put a hankering on BD when it’s time!! I was really wanting to BD EOD this month, but that’s not happening! Luckily, I shouldn’t ovulate for like… 10 days.

Post # 57
401 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
jfair:  Okay, I need to look into that. When you’re finished, you should write a before and after post!!!

Post # 58
401 posts
Helper bee

We had our egg retrieval yesterday, and found out we got 17 – 13 were mature and 11 fertilized! It’s going to be a long wait til Sunday when we can hear how they’re developing.

Post # 59
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Mrs.MackenzieS: I haven’t joined the March board yet b/c I’m still hoping to get a BFP in February but my husband and I discussed taking this month off to avoid a holiday baby too. We ultimately decided that (1) you can’t control that stuff – and believe me, I try to control way more than I should) – I had 2 friends recently give birth 10 weeks earlier than expected (babies were in the hospital for 2+ months but are both doing great!) and (2) we’re both 36 and having a baby, even if it the timing wouldn’t be “ideal” is our number one priority. I totally get that everyone is different and would never judge anyone for deciding one way or the other but we’re with you, we just want a baby! Fingers crossed that March is your month!

I’ll add that my husbands family live a 7 hour plane ride away and, if we do have a November/December baby, as an added bonus, they’ll likely come to us for the holidays!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by ChiTownBee27.
Post # 60
249 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
801wife:  haha good idea!! I should totally do it! Chances are i would never get around to it though lol!

The topic ‘March 2016 POAS Board’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors