March 2018 babies and mama

posted 11 months ago in Pregnancy
Post # 211
8160 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

catmom17 :  Thanks, lady! You are *so so close* too! So much credit to you for being so strong through your whole pregnancy. I can’t even imagine, you’re one tough cookie and babyboycatmom is too 😊

Post # 212
2180 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception/The Gallery

TheGridMonster :  Yeah, I freaked but all was fine. 

Newest concern: In-laws with the flu (when we spent all of yesterday with them). It’s always something. But! At 37 weeks, I’m feeling pretty confident that if I do have to have this baby, everything will be ok. In fact, I’m feeling pretty ready (read: uncomfortable.). We shall see!

Can’t wait to start meeting these March babies! 

Post # 213
8160 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

DrunkInLove :  haha I was just telling Darling Husband that I’ll be pretty darn happy if baby makes his appearance around 38 weeks! But then he got mad at me for saying that because he wants him baking for the full 40. 😬 Thankfully my OB said she’ll induce at 41 so I know I won’t be going past that!

Avoiding the flu has been really tough this season. I had a really bad reaction from my Tdap shot and was terrified it was the flu. Hope you’re in the clear!

Post # 214
1030 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Ahhh we’re so close ladies! Hope everything is feeling well.  

Post # 215
8160 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

How’s everyone doing?!

I’m 36+3 today and just had my Group B strep test… SOOOO FUN! Lol. Baby’s head down (but still sunny-side up) and he has yet to drop. Just hoping he stays put for another couple weeks. This is my last week of work before mat leave so that’s exciting.

Anyway, hang in there as these last few weeks drag by…! πŸ™‚

Post # 216
1030 posts
Bumble bee

TheGridMonster : 

37w today and hanging in there. I had the most amazing prenatal massage yesterday so that helped tremendously with my lower back pain for the time being. I broke out the medicine ball this weekend. Any chance I get to sit down I’m bouncing about and stretching out those hips – my 3yr old thinks it’s the funniest thing in the world. It hurts down there when I’m on it … I wonder if I’m at all dilated but my OB is against doing any cervical checks since he doesn’t want to risk putting me into labor early. My c-section is scheduled for March 15th so 2 1/2 weeks away but I’m trying to do anything I can to get things going on my own (2 easy induction acupuncture treaments set up for this week and next week and a lot of walking). My goal for this week is to insteall car seat, get my hospital bag together and set up the essentials for the baby. 

How are you feeling overall? Any braxton hicks or discomfort? How are you sleeping at night? Ah so exciting that you’re done with work for a while! I can’t wait for that. My last day will be March 9th unless I go into labor early.

DrunkInLove :  How are you doing ?!? Did any of the moms in the FB group go early?

Post # 217
8160 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

xdaydreams05x :  Hey girl! Oh my gosh, only 2.5 weeks away (or less)!!! How exciting! I hit 37w yesterday but who knows when LO will feel like coming along. My OB’s against cervical checks too, so I have no idea what’s going on down there. I was feeling SO uncomfortable a few days ago, but for some reason the past couple days have been great. I’m not sure if that means he’s dropping and giving my ribs some relief — my tummy doesn’t seem any lower to me. So another “who knows” about that. If I’m having any BH, I can’t tell! Sleep isn’t bad, but waking up 3-4x a night. Hope your last 2 weeks of work fly by! Take it easy on yourself!

We (meaning 99% DH) finally finished our nursery accent wall, so that was a huge accomplishment in our household lol. Now that I’m on leave, there’s not too much I have to do, but I’ll do a load of laundry with all baby’s clothes/blankets and also finish packing up the hospital bag. And just rest and wait! It’d be so nice if he comes around 39w so that he’d be here for my birthday. But our bdays will be super close regardless, which I love πŸ™‚

Anyway, on that note, here’s how the nursery wall turned out!

Please keep me posted on how you’re doing!

Post # 218
1030 posts
Bumble bee

TheGridMonster :  I love your nursery! The pops of color is perfect. I forgot do you know what you’re having? So glad you’re overall feeling well. My belly hasn’t moved much either but baby is deff head down and low – so not sure why I haven’t seen much of a drop yet. Enjoy your peaceful ME time over the next few weeks – that sounds lovely.

Post # 219
8160 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

xdaydreams05x :  Thank you! I’m bored already and it’s only 1.5 hours into my first day off, but the weeks that I get off now I can’t save for after baby comes anyway, so I might as well take them!

And yes, boy! We’ve been incredibly gender neutral though as you can probably tell by our theme of ALL THE COLORS πŸ˜›

Happy last few weeks! FX for as little discomfort as possible and a safe, healthy delivery of your LO #2!

Post # 220
1030 posts
Bumble bee

TheGridMonster :  I remember being bored the week off prior to having my first BUT trust me enjoy every second. Order your favorite food, binge watch shows/movies, hang-out with friends you don’t get too see very often, book a massage ALL THE ABOVE. And thank you I appreciate that. Can’t wait to see up-dates from everyone with pics of their little ones next month!

Post # 221
352 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Hi everyone! Thought I’d log back on the Bee since my due date is tomorrow… But life had other plans for me, I currently have an almost 6 week old little lady in my arms who just finished her 7am feeding! I was sadly diagnosed with preeclampsia at 29w5d and was hospitalized for 48 hours. Then, was put on modified bedrest and had checkups and ultrasounds twice a week from Dec 20 until the day she was born on Jan 20 (34w1d) via emergency c-section. She was so little, 3 lbs 5 ounces, and stayed in the NICU for 3 weeks to gain weight. On Friday, my due date, it will now be 3 weeks since we have her home and she is doing so well! Gaining an average of 40 grams per day and well over 5 lbs and a half now. 

Just wanted to wish you all good luck on your deliveries! 

Post # 222
426 posts
Helper bee

Hi March mamas! 

niki1983 :  Wow! Glad to hear the little one is home with you and is doing well!  

I’m week 39 today and I’m officially on Mat leave πŸ˜€ Really bored lol… the clothes have been washed and folded, we got the car seat and the crib is already next to our bed… I just need to pack my hospital bag but delaying it for some reason… I’m kinda enjoying this “holiday” and don’t mind waiting for another week… 

Yesterday we did an escape room with hubby and another couple (she’s 37 weeks along) – and it felt nice to go out before we’ll both have the babies with us.

Otherwise feeling somewhat discomfort, haven’t slept well in days and have random pains that come and go… oh and a massive headache… 

Post # 223
8160 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

HAPPY MARCH 1 EVERYONE!!!!

Can’t believe this is really it for those of us who still have buns in the oven!

LO and I will officially share a bday month! (If all goes well FX FX FX… I’m still so, so anxious about something going wrong.)

Used to worry that he’d come too early but now I have a feeling he’s going to take his sweet time. I’ll only be 38 weeks this weekend, so I know so much can still happen, but I’ve just been feeling so good/normal this past week that I really can’t see how I could be close to labor at all.

totallyabee :  lol my first week of mat leave has been super boring. I’ve been trying to schedule lots of lunch dates! But everyone keeps saying to just enjoy the downtime, so I’m trying. I still have to do a load of baby laundry and finish packing hospital bags too, but I’m less motivated to do it now that I think baby’s going to be late!

Thinking of everyone and wishing for lots and lots of adorable, healthy, happy babies this month!

Post # 224
8160 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

niki1983 :  So happy to hear that she’s doing so well! Big congrats!!

Post # 225
8160 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Hi everyone, thought I would just post a partial update while baby (!!!) is between feedings!

Baby C was born 10 days early, yesterday evening 3/8/18 after my water broke completely out of nowhere on Tuesday and labor lasted a couple of days. C was sunny side-up which meant back labor and a tear for Mommy, but I’ll survive. He was 7.25 pounds and 20 inches, quite a normal sized baby for being so early! He’s doing wonderfully and latching like a champ. One of the things I can’t get enough of is seeing him make movements that I recognize as those he made in the womb, it’s just the sweetest thing. And his adorable little sounds. Daddy is tired AF but our hero.

Thinking of all you other March mamas! ❀️

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors