March 2018 brides, assemble!

posted 3 months ago in March 2018
Post # 2
651 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Any other March 2018 brides out there? Just over 6 months out… what does everyone have left to do??

Post # 3
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2018

I mostly lurk around, but I’m a March 2018 bride. March 31. We’ve only really been engaged about a month, but when my man is motivated…wow! He’s already booked most everything and made an excel spreadsheet of budget and what else needs to be done. I think the only thing left to do is send the invites, have the men get their suits, find shoes that don’t suck and show up!

Something that really put us ahead though is we found a venue that does almost everything (decorating, photography, cake, officiant, cocktail hour champagne and hors d’oeuvres plus day-of coordination)

NonRusticBride38 :  I get it. We’re in our early 40s and never been married, so we’re like let’s get this ball rollin’! We aren’t getting any younger!!

Post # 4
993 posts
Busy bee

Hiiii I’m March 10!

We’ll have a week shy of a 2 year engagement. The most pressing thing I feel that I need to figure out soon is the flower situation – my mom’s friend has offered to make bouquets with fake flowers, but I can’t decide if I want to hire a florist for the rest, use fake flowers, use non-floral decorations, etc. I really can’t decide. 

Other than that, I THINK things are coming along! 

Post # 5
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018 - Anthem Golf & Country Club

Hey everyone! I’m March 9! I had a board going for March 2018 brides, but accidentally closed it… oops! I am more or less “done”, but that’s because the venue I chose is all inclusive. So the ceremony and reception are all taken care of… including the officiant, dinner, booze, DJ, floral, cake, lighting… literally everything. I purchased my dress March of this year, meaning to provide enough time to order it/get it delivered/get it altered. Of course, the dress I chose happened to be a sample sale dress, so there was no need to go that early, now it’s just taunting me from my parent’s house. I’ve booked the hair and makeup artist, and set a block of hotel rooms aside for the out-of-towners… So I think I’ve got everything mostly covered… Now I wait! 

Congrats March brides, can’t wait to see how everyone’s day turns out! 

Post # 6
17 posts
Newbee

futureblagdon2018 :  I just checked out your closed thread, now I’m wondering where all the March brides went! It’s getting close!

Post # 7
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018 - Anthem Golf & Country Club

blueskiessmiling :  I know! There were definitely a few on that thread… hope they didn’t think I was trying to oust them from March wedding baords or something! Haha it’s getting crazy close… 6 months!!

Post # 8
816 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2018 - The Venue, Barkisland, UK

We’re March 30th – Good Friday! It made perfect sense to us for a few reasons; 1) March is pre-season so it’s cheaper, 2) Friday is Friday so it’s cheaper, 3) the UK has a four day weekend at Easter!

Post # 9
193 posts
Blushing bee

March 30th Bride here! Super excited!!! 5 months to go and I CANNOT WAIT..actually, I can wait. I’m starting to feel slightly overwhelmed lol I think once I get more accomplished, I’ll feel better. I guess I’m overwhelmed because I’m thinking about what needs to be done and I know most of it can’t be done until we get a month away. Right now I’m focusing on finding my wedding band and wedding invitation ideas. Hoping to get these sent out in December!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors