March 2018 Brides-Where are you at?

posted 2 years ago in Beehive
Post # 31
148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

I feel so over stressed right now. I am contantly an angry/anxious/nauseous mess about this wedding. Nothing has come together in a timely manner, everything costs more than I imagined it would. Does anyone else hate wedding planning this much? Everyone keeps acting like I should be so excited but instead I’m just a ball of anxiety. This wedding is going to send me to therapy! 

Post # 32
115 posts
Blushing bee

futureblagdon2018 :  We will be rounding up our RSVP straglers this week. I agree…how hard is it? I did half the work for you! Of course we are having our own kind of BS with people not writing their names on the rsvp’s. I’m a mind reader don’t ya know! Want to hear crazy? A few days ago my Fiance reached out to his estranged sister and asked if she got the invite and if she’s coming since she hadn’t rsvp’d. We had to send it to her friends address because she refuses to let the family know where she is for some reason. She’s like “yeah I’m coming, but my husband ripped up the invite and threw it away can you send me the details?”. What!? Who does that? Apparently her and her family disappear for years at a time and are bizarre in way’s I don’t understand or even want to. I’m still scratching my head with that one and kind of hope she doesn’t show up. Chances are she won’t since the rest of the family will be there. Is it too late to elope??

Post # 34
151 posts
Blushing bee

futureblagdon2018 :  I’m getting the bridesmaids a wristlet wallet from Michael Kors with their initials on it, a book lovers candle, and a 1 serving size bottle of champagne that hopefully we can use while getting ready!

Michael Kors wallet: https://www.michaelkors.com/mercer-large-leather-smartphone-wristlet/_/R-US_32F6Groomsmen9E3L

Book lovers candles: https://www.frostbeardstudio.com/

Fiance got the gifts for his groomsmen, its a leather belt made to their size, a bottle of whiskey, and a bottle of aftershave

Leather belts: http://www.narragansettleathers.com/belt1.html

Aftershave: https://www.amazon.com/Proraso-Single-Blade-After-Shave/dp/B06XDPBSWC/ref=sr_1_10_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1519145249&sr=8-10&keywords=proraso+aftershave

Post # 35
14 posts
Newbee

March 2nd bride here! A little over a week left! We still have some decor to work on and only have to pay our DJ off, but other than that, smooth sailing! I started planning really early and although we have hit some speed bumps, it hasn’t been too bad. I have to admit, I am just ready for it to be here so I can stop spending money, lol.

Post # 36
181 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018 - Anthem Golf & Country Club

travelingbee3 :  RIGHT??? Everything costs more than expected, but because it’s a necessity, you just freakin pay it and call it good. It all adds up. It will definitely be a huge relief when the day finally arrives and the planning is DONE. 

ctbxbee :  Thanks! Maybe I’ll do a giftcard to their favorite restaurants, so they can enjoy a dinner on me!

ma7bride :  Awesome ideas! I love the aftershave idea… I think all but one of the groomsmen have serious beards, so beard/face product is totally useful! 

blueskiessmiling :  Christ on a cracker what is UP with that?? I have an “aunt” (not actually a relative, but a close family friend) that is like that. Won’t give me her address via FB messenger because she’s constantly paranoid about the proverbial “they” spying on her or some shit…. Family is just weird. Weird. Weird. I’m with you… can I go back in time and just take our immediate family to Santorini for an intimate elopement? It would probably cost less at this point. *Hard eye roll*

Post # 37
551 posts
Busy bee

Hey ladies! We can get through this!! One day at a time…

Right now, I don’t have many RSVPs and the deadline is in two weeks so I will definitely be harrassing lots of people.

My first fitting is in a few days! My Maid/Matron of Honor dress comes in on Friday (thankfully it came earlier than expected)

The groom’s mother decided she wanted to wear an off-white dress to the wedding (my current most stressful battle)

I had a final walk through with venue and meeting with caterer.

Tying up some loose ends (finalizing menu, music list, etc)

We got our marriage license on Valentines Day!

I have three different bridal showers set up from my collegues (I travel to different sites for work) and all of them have been gracious to throw me a shower

Still have no clue when my bridal shower or bachelorette party will be..my bridal party is still working on securing a date apparently…

We just hired a DOC a few weeks ago and she has been such a life saver and already making me feel SOOO much better and stress-free. She’s so amazing and I’m so glad we hired her.

I already got bridesmaids gifts (perfume, monogrammed wine glasses, robes and bath bombs) and the GMs gifts. We already got the Thank you cards handy, too!

I am excited!! 

36 days left for me!!!!

Post # 38
551 posts
Busy bee

jesstheglambert :  How exciting!!!! Planning earlier definitely helps with the bumps that come along! Luckily I’ve only had one somewhat major bump and it took AWHILE to fix it, but it’s all good to go! I hope your wedding day is everything you ever dreamed!

Post # 39
115 posts
Blushing bee

This is it ladies! It’s our month!

I’m getting my hair trial today and marriage license tomorrow. Woo!

Post # 40
1253 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2018 - The Venue, Barkisland, UK

We’re March 30th – it’s coming round fast!

I’ve got a spreadsheet with my ‘to-dos’ on it, including a surprisingly long list of things I still need to buy. The big stuff is all done, so I’m overthinking the small things.

The biggest source of stress for me right now is the table numbers. Who’d have thought it’d be so damn hard? I have agate slices and a copper marker pen, but I’m worried that if I DIY it now, the end result will be crap and spoil the effort put into everything else. I’ve emailed a calligrapher for a quote but not had a response yet.

I had a hair trial on Tuesday so we have a plan C which is a curly/messy low bun – I can’t have plan B (sleek chignon) as my hair is too fine, but Plan A is back on the cards. Plan A is a big ponytail (hurrah for clip in extensions) and will be trialled on Saturday for my hen do. Makeup trial isn’t until the 24th but my skin is very dry because it’s so cold here at the moment and I need a bit of time to sort it out.

Post # 42
3019 posts
Sugar bee

ctbxbee :  Oh my gosh how crazy is that?!

It will also be Easter. We will all be celebrating our first holiday as WIVES. 

Guess i should learn how to cook :p 

Post # 44
181 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018 - Anthem Golf & Country Club

OK EVERYONE! It happened! I got married! It was a beautiful night, with no hiccups (or, if there were problems, I certainly didn’t know about it and it was all taken care of!). At the end of the day, I got married to my best friend! Here are a couple of non-pro pics… can’t wait for the pro pics to come in. The next six weeks will be torture! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors