(Closed) March 2018 Brides—where are you in planning?

posted 4 years ago in Logistics
Post # 2
603 posts
Busy bee

Oh…I’m getting married in March!! Haha…only been engaged a month, so we have jumped right in.

Three weeks in on wedding planning, we have:

Made the guest list

Booked the venue, which includes linens

Ordered and sorted our cake, including the tasting

Booked a florist, and chosen everything but the centerpieces

Bought my dress, arriving by the end of October

Taken our save the date pic, and sending out a e-STD in about a week or so

Designed our invites and RSVP cards, ready to order as soon as vistaprint does a 50% off sale

Booked a photographer

Booked a hotel block

Got quotes on transportation for our guests from either the train or our hotel 

Started working on the wedding website

Big still to dos: bridesmaid dresses and booking a DJ and getting an officiant

I’m actually feeling very relaxed, but I’ll be calmer once we have nailed down those three things. Also waffling a lot on centerpieces. 

Post # 3
140 posts
Blushing bee

Ctbxbee, did I miss food on your list, or is that included in your venue?

Post # 4
603 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
morgansmom :  the venue, which is the same for the ceremony and reception, includes all the food, full open bar etc. Thank goodness!! Thank you for asking though!!

Anything else that seems big I’m missing? Although I’m feeling pretty relaxed, I’m a bit type A and my fiance is not. If it were not for the fact our wedding is off season, I would probably be stressed to the nines about the DJ and officiant! 

Post # 5
42 posts
Newbee

03/17/18 here!

-My dress comes in November

-BM dresses are aleady in

-deposits on venue (at a hotel, so a block included), photographer, DJ

-engagement photos scheduled for end of October

-save the dates sent out

-registered for gifts

-booked officiant

-booked my regular  hairstylist for the day

-my mom has made the flowers (I’m going silk) and will make any other decorations I want (which will be minimal)

I’m skipping cake.  Honeymoon won’t happen til June or July of 2018.

Still need  to do: order invites, buy my accessories, rent/buy menswear, buy wedding rings, officially book the rehearsal dinner (will likely be at our venue’s main restaurant)

I’m also very type A and feeling very relaxed about the whole thing.  I’m prepared for that to change any time though haha.

Post # 7
206 posts
Helper bee

Hello!

This is my very first post ever! I’ve been observing from a distance for months but have been too scared to post!

I am getting married on March 3rd, 2018. Paying for and planning the wedding myself! Here’s where I’m at:

Venue picked, almost payed off.

Deposit on photogapher and musician 

Officiant paid for

Dress bought and paid for, in my closet until alterations day

Maid of Honor has picked out her dress 

Centerpieces bought and table runners/place settings have been picked out

Cake cutting set and stand have been picked out

Invitations, save the dates, and guestbook are almost finished being created by a wonderful Etsy seller.

Bouquets have been designed with an Etsy seller, not paid for yet.

I have pretty much decided on a caterer but haven’t put down a deposit yet

Still waiting on my fiance to buy his tux!

Oh and our wedding bands have been made and are almost paid off.

I think that’s everything! My only problem left is my decor. We’re getting married at a wonderful preserved historical village at an original church house from 1887. I want some wildflower garland to decorate the steps railing in front of the church and a 5 foot tall cross that will be at our alter. Not much to ask right? I’m going very minimal on decor to be both budget friendly and let the genuine feel of the venue shine through. But in all my research even DIYing the garland I want is over a hundred dollars! I am awaiting a quote from an Etst seller who’s garland I have fallen in love with but I fear the worst lol. 

As I do not have many friends outside the one girl in my wedding my Maid/Matron of Honor, I think I will make a thread and introduce myself. It would be nice to have women to talk to about wedding things!!

🙂

The topic ‘March 2018 Brides—where are you in planning?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors