March 2019 Mamas and Babies!

posted 1 year ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
1424 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

My husband is not allowed to ask me! Haha.

I ordered a digital pregnancy test, did it but it was invalid urgh. I went out to get another one, decided to go to the biggest pharmacy in my city in the hopes that I could avoid anyone I know. The only Clearblue digital they had had been ripped open (why would anyone do that?) so I asked the guy working there if they had any more. While he went to find another one a (close) friend walked up to me. I’m thinking “no! Please don’t come back with the test now”… here comes the guy, pregnancy test in hand and says loudly “here’s the pregnancy test!” and hands it to me. Wow. Could you not have put them on the shelf discreetly and said “I put them on the shelf for you”?

This stuff only happens to me! So I panicked and told her I’m pregnant. I don’t mind her knowing but not like that!

I plan to do the digital test tonight when I’ve held my pee for long enough. I feel quite nervous!

Post # 17
1112 posts
Bumble bee

NightOwl27 :  totally private! By invite only! 

I’ve added the three of you who sent me your email addresses so far, but only one has joined. Let me know if you haven’t received an invite!

Post # 20
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

ROLL CALL!

How far along are you? 4 weeks? 

Estimated due date? March 8 according to the countdowntopregnancy calculator, though I’m seeing estimates from March 7-10 on different calculators. I hope March 9 because that’s my dad’s birthday!

What # baby is this for you? 1

How many cycles trying? 6 (7 months)

When did you get your BFP? 10dpo

Who have you told? My mom, sister, and core group of girlfriends

When do you plan to tell other people? After the first trimester, maybe a little later. I’ll tell my principal and co-teacher at the beginning of the school year, though.

How did you tell your partner? I gave him a “just because I love you” present, which we sometimes do. I rolled up the positive test in a onesie and then wrapped up a dad-to-be book. When he took out the rolled up onesie, he asked “is this underwear??” I said yes. He was excited about that weirdly enough. He opens it, doesn’t notice the test (which falls into his lap) and goes, “but this is for a baby. Why is this for a baby?” Then he opened the book and goes “…is this real??” He’s excited but nervous!

Any symptoms? Originally I had to pee a LOT. Now that’s tapered off, which worries me (perhaps unecessarily). I do feel stretching in my abdomen area.

What are you most excited about? Finally getting a baby of my own. I’ve been a nanny for a long time and just finished my first year teaching, so I’m glad to have a little one that’s 100% mine.

When is your first appointment?  Monday 

Are you planning to find out the gender? As soon as possible!

Include a photo of your BFP if you would like. 

I don’t want to include the BFP because it didn’t show up on my FRER and I got a “no” on the digital last I tested. I was crushed and thought it was a chemical. I went to get betas later that day, though and my hcg more than tripled in the 48 hours since the day I got my BFP (went from 50 to 176). I’m still really, really, really scared about losing the pregnancy, but I’m trying to trust the blood tests.

Post # 22
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

How far along are you? 3 weeks, 6 days 

Estimated due date? March 9th 

What # baby is this for you? I have two adopted sons (Silas=4, Elijah= Almost 2) so 3, but this will be my first biological so all is new to me! 

How many cycles trying?  4ish. We had actually decided to put TTC on hold this month 

When did you get your BFP?  2 days ago, about 14 DPO 

Who have you told? My husband, Mom and two sisters 

When do you plan to tell other people? Will tell some close friends and DH’s family after our first appointment 

How did you tell your partner?  Last night while we were making dinner/wrangling our kids he asked if I wanted a glass of wine and I told him he better finish off the rest of the open bottle. Then I showed him the test. 

Any symptoms? Yes! My breasts have beeen sore and all my bras feel super tight. I feel some light cramping and pressure, not at all like period cramps. Oh and I have some super fun acne that has made an appearance. 

What are you most excited about? Experiencing pregnancy and birth,getting all the baby snuggles, adding another awesome little person to my family. 

When is your first appointment?  Waiting to hear, probably mid-July 

Are you planning to find out the gender? Absolutely, as soon as I can. 

Include a photo of your BFP if you would like. 

<footer class=”social-row”>
<div class=”likes bbp-admin-links “> </div>
</footer>

Post # 24
556 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Slightly nervous about not having anything more than a v faint bfp but I’ll try to be confident and fill this out.

How far along are you? 12 DPO ; 3 weeks 6 days 

Estimated due date? March 10 by online calculator (dh’s bday is march 16 and we conceived on Father’s Day lol tmi so I’ve been teasing him that this baby’s extra special for him)

What # baby is this for you? 1!

How many cycles trying? 2

When did you get your BFP? June 28 

Who have you told? Just DH 

When do you plan to tell other people? I’d like to tell a few friends and family by our 7 week ultrasound but Darling Husband isn’t keen   Well talk about it ina week and probably tell our immediate families ina week or 2. 

How did you tell your partner? bought a onesie and showed him the super faint line. Onesie really made him beam 

Any symptoms? Trying not to symptom spot but a little easily tired, smell sensitivity, bloating and some twinges in my abdomen 

What are you most excited about? Our first baby and becoming a “family”

When is your first appointment? Jul 23

Are you planning to find out the gender? No!! but Im nervous I’ll want to later!

Post # 25
206 posts
Helper bee

Alright! I was way too nervous to join before but I need the support Mamas. I am soo anxious.

How far along are you? 5 weeks from LMP but I think I ovulated late?

Estimated due date? March 2 (but may change at dating scan.. as I said I thought I ovulated late!)

What # baby is this for you? 1

When did you get your BFP? 5 days ago, 3 days before I thought my period was due (once again these pesky temps are messing with me).

Who have you told? My Partner and my best friend.

When do you plan to tell other people? Not for a good while!

How did you tell your partner? He knew I was taking the test but was very surprised it was +.

Any symptoms? Soo many. I am sleeping almost all day, I am so bloated, light cramps etc.

What are you most excited about? I just want to know that they are okay and hold my bub in my arms!

When is your first appointment? Have had two GP appointments and a blood test. I am going again in two weeks.  

Are you planning to find out the gender? I really want to! Is that a little cop-out?

Include a photo of your BFP if you would like. – I don’t have a photo but the line showed up practically instantly!

Post # 26
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Hey ladies! I received an email with an invite to the FB group, but the link wouldn’t work. It kept saying it was expired. Has anyone been else been way more tired than normal? I usually get 7 hours or less a night, but last night fell asleep on the couch and slept for close to 9 hours! 

Post # 27
206 posts
Helper bee

mrizzle : Don’t worry! I woke up this morning then went back to bed until 3 pm, I woke up tired and all I want is to crawl back to bed. 

Post # 29
556 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

mrizzle :  that might happen if you use a different email for your fb account. 

Afm thankfully not v tired yet, just some bloating and cramping. I think I haven’t been able to sleep much because I keep waking up to POAS. My first bfp wasn’t very noticeable so to reassure myself I need to see a better line. I hope you bees get lots of rest this weekend!! I have been hungrier in the mornings (not supposed to happen this soon lol!)

I would still call this morning’s a little faint, right? 

Post # 30
25 posts
Newbee

ROLL CALL!

How far along are you? 4 weeks ish

Estimated due date? March 8 (ish) I’m not tracking ovulation like I was with my first baby, but I do know that I ovulate later so LMP dates are no use to me. 

What # baby is this for you? 2!

How many cycles trying? 1…I only had my iud out June 6!

When did you get your BFP? This morning, about 4 weeks. 

Who have you told? Darling Husband, my best friend, and my moms group from my son. 

When do you plan to tell other people? My two direct coworkers will find out around 6 weeks or sooner. I was very sick last time around and needed them to cover for me when I had to throw up. My parents probably in the next two weeks as well. DH’s family can’t keep a secret so they have to wait lol. 

How did you tell your partner? Went into our bedroom when his alarm went off, gave him our 16 month old for a snuggle, then gave him the test!

Any symptoms? Nausea, mild cramping. With my son I had nausea starting at 3+6 that turned into full blown vomitting at 6+3, and was on Diclectin by 7+4. The nausea the past two days has been worse than last time so I’m not feeling optimistic. 

What are you most excited about? Seeing our 16 month old as a big brother! Tiny snuggles! 

When is your first appointment? Mid-July I assume. My doctor likes to schedule the first appointment for 6-8 weeks, and I’m going to aim for 6 to get an early prescription for Diclectin.   

Are you planning to find out the sex? Yep!

Sending a PM about the FB group! Happy and Healthy 9 months everyone!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors