March 2019 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 8 months ago in TTC
Post # 166
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Kristen2711 :  Congratulations, hope this one sticks!!

I’m just over here waiting, but have no reason to ancitipate anything other than a BFN. I’m 8 days post IUI, but I wasn’t feeling great about it going in. We did Clomid, no trigger, and no progesterone since I have a 15 day LP. We’re switching insurance at work effective 4/1 and I’m not entirely sure about the fertility coverage yet, so we’ll I don’t know that we’ll do a second IUI or at least one later this month. I’ve started the initial conversations for IVF with an out of state doctor who is about half the price what it would cost us here (thank you SoCal), but we wouldn’t do anything until the summer. I had a vivid dream about getting a BFP last night. I don’t put any stock in it because I’ve had a couple of these before, but they sure do suck.

Post # 167
310 posts
Helper bee

Ugggggggh yet another person I know has announced their pregnancy and of course, they were not trying but they were Not preventing. This is the 3rd announcement in two weeks. I’m ashamed but I ugly cried this morning reading their announcement. Just…..total breakdown. I wish people would keep it to themselves that they weren’t trying. It tore a hole in my heart this morning to read it. 

Post # 168
1371 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

AF came yesterday. The only upside is I should be about done with AF once we get to Mexico. 

I’ve been pretty bad emotionally lately. It just feels like the universe is constantly throwing babies/kids/families in my face. I’ve seen so many “you know you’re a mom when..” “once you have a kid…” crap on fb all the time. Instagram is always showing me baby/pregnancy pictures, even though I’ve been trying to “train” it into only showing me animal pictures/videos. It seems to think I want to see babies because I’ve looked at the infertilitysucks tag. Which is full of babies?!?! I’m honestly feeling like the world is going “look at what you’ll never have!” It’s been hard.

I’m happy that we are leaving Thursday. Hopefully I can get away from all the sucky reminders for a few days.

Post # 169
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

heartandstars :  I’m sorry about the pregnancy announcement. Those are so hard!

cbn8787 :  hate insurance stuff, sorry! My husband wants to look at switching to his insurance during his benefits period in June and I don’t even want to mess with it. That’s smart to look around to clinics out of state. I wouldn’t have thought of that. Is it far?

Dr_dazzle :  I’m glad you’re able to get away. Have so much fun in Mexico! 

Post # 170
1981 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK

heartandstars :  Sorry bee. I find it quite odd when people post to Facebook or send a message along the lines of “well this was a surprise but we are delighted to announce….” Surely these people know of at least one person who tried/ has been TTC for a while? It’s quite insensitive. I guess most people aren’t going to announce “after 14 months of trying” etc.

AFM I didn’t roll call because we only managed to BD one day within my FW with Darling Husband going abroad for work. I’m starting acupuncture on Saturday. I had it for period pain some years ago (before my endo diagnosis) and it really helped then. 

Post # 171
3294 posts
Sugar bee

heartandstars :  I’m sorry, seeing pregnancy announcements never seems to get any easier πŸ™

Dr_dazzle :  Its great you’ll be AF free for Mexico, woohoo! 

You know what? Just last night I was having the same issue, it’s like every single commercial and tv show had something to do with babies… so I ended up sitting in the bedroom just to get the fuck away from it. Then i decided to watch youtube, of course the first add that pops up is a clear blue hpt add 😠 seriously thinking about going off the grid!!!

Post # 172
790 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

NicLE1218 :  I’m so sorry to hear πŸ™ you’re right, infertility sucks 

heartandstars :  do they put any needles in your toes? I had acupuncture to bring on labour and the toe ones were honestly horrible for me

AFM, sadly another BFN  which officially marks the end of naturally TTC. Im actually pretty broken about this. we’ll try one round of IUI and then we’re calling it. We’ve booked a trip for Christmas which I mentioned previously so we’re taking a couple of months off. Our fertility clinic here is closed for July and August so my one shot will be June. I’m wishing all of you so much luck and strength to continue on this journey. I’ll pop back again in June and I hope I see none of you there πŸ˜‰ xoxo

Post # 173
623 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: City, State

Good morning Bees – just wanted to drop in with my quick update.

As a reminder, my D.H. and I are dealing with both male and female factor infertility and were told in January that IVF with ICSI would be our only chance to have children.  So here we are, mid-March, and we officially have 4 frozen, day 1 embryos!  I know that for a lot of people that number might be discouraging, but I feel so grateful for those 4!  My d.h.’s S.A. showed low count / motility / and 1% morphology, and for me even on max stims only retrieved 6 eggs.  So with that being said, the fact that we have 4 seems like a miracle πŸ™‚

We will have to do another round or 2, so fingers crossed that my ovaries keep up the momentum!

Post # 174
742 posts
Busy bee

In the TWW right now and so impatient! It was a natural cycle for us so the odds are like 0.0000001% but I’m ever an optimist. Though I did make the mistake of opening up to my mom about the struggles we are going through. She’s kinda hippy dippy and believes in karma and universal stuff. Anyway, she told me that our struggle could be “the universe teaching [me] a lesson.” I literally flipped out on her on the phone! She very quickly apologized and backpedaled. But seriously. People just don’t get it. 

Post # 175
3294 posts
Sugar bee

I’m so sorry your mum said that to you, just wow… Yeah. People really just don’t get it πŸ™

goldenbrown :  

Post # 176
470 posts
Helper bee

We started TTC in December 2016, and it has been a struggle with severe MFI. In February 2019, we started our first cycle of ICSI with 11 eggs retrieved/ 8 mature eggs. 5 of them fertilized and 3 made it to day 5. We had 2 transferred (and one frozen) and this is the result.

HCG looks alright and is on track doubling, and we are really really hoping for a sticky bean. 

Unfortunately, I look like a balloon since the transfer with swollen ovaries and water around them, but the doctor doesn’t seem concerned.

Post # 177
310 posts
Helper bee

annili :  Congrats!! FX for a sticky baby!

goldenbrown :  Wooow. What did she hope to accomplish by saying that to you? That was really unkind of her. 

summerlove23 :  4 sounds pretty good!!! Good luck on your next few rounds!

mrsalexander :  Yes, at some sessions. I don’t mind at all though. The only needles I don’t like are the ones that go in by the side of my wrists because they make the muscles in my hand jump. None have been painful. 

RaccoonKitty :  Same here. Every time I log on I’m just drowning in baby and maternity stuff. I keep blocking and reporting stuff to try to train the algorithm, but it’s not working. 

Post # 179
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

summerlove23 :  Yay, that is not bad at all. Hope the next few rounds go well too!

annili :  So hoping this is it for you!!

heartandstars :  I have not, thanks! I mostly just wait for AF instead of testing early these days. I’m not feeling anything and went into this cycle not feeling like it was going to work, so I’m not getting my hopes up. But what does suck is that if it’s not a BFP this cycle, it will officially be an entire year since my MC without getting pregnant and of course my chances of a 2019 baby are pretty much over.

Post # 180
1981 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK

annili :  Really hope this it for you. Congratulations bee!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors