March 2019 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 181
535 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

annili :  oh wow congrats! Fingers tightly crossed for a sticky bean for you. Actually delighted for you- I started TTC at the same time and I know how long it feels. 

Post # 183
537 posts
Busy bee

Thanks bees! I spoke with my mom again last night and had a much better conversation. She finally seemed to “get it”. It’s just complicated since my brother’s wife is currently pregnant, and SIL and I went off the pill at the exact same time. (I know this only because my brother told me the timing; I didn’t tell him we are trying too.)

RaccoonKitty :  heartandstars :  NicLE1218 :  

And totally agree with every single ad, social media post, EVERYTHING being about babies or pregnancy. I’ve snoozed or unfollowed so many social media contacts and I’m still bombarded on a daily basis. It reminds me of when everyone was getting engaged or married and I was still single. I just keep telling myself that my time will come too just like getting married.  

annili :  Crossing fingers for you!!! We are dealing with severe MFI as well so you are giving me hope! If you don’t mind my asking, did you do IUIs before IVF or did you just go straight to IVF ICSI? 

Post # 185
537 posts
Busy bee

NicLE1218 :  seriously though, just logged into Instagram. Very first post was another friend’s pregnancy announcement. FML. 

Post # 186
535 posts
Busy bee

goldenbrown :  sorry it totally sucks. I feel you. Not one, not 2 but 3 of my cousins just had babies in the last 3 months! It’s so tough to be exposed to all of the time.

AFM I phoned to see if there’d be any cancellations for my next fertility clinic appointment and I was told no 🙁 so I’ll need to wait til mid May. So if I’m lucky ivf might start in November/ December time. Seems so long away but we have 4 holidays booked for this year and will probably do a 5th in October so I’m just going to need to focus on those. Natural TTC is a horrible stress for me now, doing what we can manage but pinning most of my hopes on ivf. 

Post # 187
1124 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

lucky_charm :  it looks like we will be on simar, frustrating timelines. I was referred to the fertility clinic in dec and they expect me to get in May/June and nothing seems to happen fast once you get there (contrary to many US clinics), so I’m expecting Oct/Nov too. It’s so frustrating:(

Post # 189
456 posts
Helper bee

lucky_charm :   NicLE1218 :  Thank you!!! 

goldenbrown :  We went straight to ICSI – feel free to ask anything you’d like to know. We skipped IUI because there’s no point imho with OAT. The rates are so low and I didn’t want to waste time and money on something that’s so unlikely. After we hit the 2 years mark, I just couldn’t take it.

https://www.shadygrovefertility.com/blog/why-shady-grove-fertility/sperm-count-iui-pregnancy-rates/

Post # 190
535 posts
Busy bee

anev :  sorry to hear you’re having to wait so long too 🙁 I suppose it’s a marathon not a sprint and as long as we get there in the end it will be ok but right now all the waiting is a struggle!

Post # 191
537 posts
Busy bee

annili :  Thank you for this! We did one IUI at our old clinic and they didn’t tell me about how low the chances are until during the procedure. Not a great time to find out. Seeing a new clinic first week of April when our new insurance kicks in. I’d like to go straight to IVF ICSI if insurance allows it. With our old insurance we had to do IUIs first. 

Post # 192
537 posts
Busy bee

lucky_charm :  I can only imagine how stressful that must be family-wise! Crossing fingers that you are able to get into the clinic sooner.

Post # 195
165 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

NicLE1218 :  I already have the details of my plan, I just need to see if my doctor is in network or not. I pick the insurance plans for my company, so I have a pretty good understanding of what is covered. I tried to see how much extra good infertility coverage would add, but we can’t even get it at our size. Almost all plans we could have gotten are the same – full coverage for diagnostic, some coverage for IUI, and that’s about it, but with a really low maximum coverage too.

I’m out for the month, rolling over to April. This one hits really hard because it means we’ll hit a full year since the MC without conceiving again and officially 18 months since we started trying. Also, one of my oldest friends just told me she is pregnant without having to really try and it just hit me extra hard this time. I’m so excited for her, but this means just about every single close female friend/family member in my life has gotten pregnant since we started trying. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors