March 2019 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 5 months ago in TTC
Post # 196
685 posts
Busy bee

I have a question: for the past few months I’ve had this weird thing occur where I think I’m having what could be faint faint implantation bleeding when I wipe, but I know it’s not because…well, I’ve never had a BFP. I don’t test every single month but have tested for a few and nada. But I don’t know for sure that I haven’t had a CP during these past 10 months of ttc. Anyway, this faint dark brown tinge usually shows up around 7-9dpo. Any ideas what this could be? Just regular old spotting? I never used to get that but I was also on BC for a very long time. I am 9dpo now and I have had this for the past two days. I don’t think it is a UTI or anything like that as I don’t have those symptoms. 

Post # 198
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

goldenbrown :  Have you had your progesterone levels checked? I had some breakthrough bleeding like that and my doctor prescribed the vaginal suppositories because my pills weren’t cutting it.

Post # 199
685 posts
Busy bee

angel_baby_12_9 :  not specifically I don’t think. I’ve had general blood testing but would have to go back and look. Thanks for this! Funny you mention this because my mom mentioned she had this same issue and had to use suppositories when she tried to get pregnant with my brother. 

Post # 200
235 posts
Helper bee

I went to my first fertility RE appointment yesterday, and it went so well. We are now on the waitlist for the funded IVF, BUT the doctor thinks that we can possibly get pregnant on our own! The wait list is currently at 4-6 months so he will be working with us during that time. 

He diagnosed me with a luteal phase deficiency, which was SUCH a relief because its what I’ve suspected (and what my acupuncturist told me). He said that my ‘normal’ progesterone levels don’t matter – it is the spotting that is the issue and tells him that the luteal phase is not right. So I’m now on progesterone! If we don’t get pregnant in two months, we are going back for another appointment, where he might try something else in conjunction with the progesterone. He also said that IUI was not a good option for us, because we don’t have MFI and it wouldn’t have much more chance of working than just having sex around ovulation. 

I had a beta test while I was there because my temps are rising a lot and he said theres a chance I might be pregnant, so I’m waiting on that phone call today. I took a test this morning (because of course), but it was negative so I’m really not expecting a positive result. 

I am absolutely thrilled that I am being treated for this luteal phase defect, and he is trying to hold off on IVF. A lot different than the referring doctor who told us that my spotting and short luteal phases were not an issue because my progesterone is normal and that we had a 5% chance of getting pregnant on our own. And then pushed IUI really hard. I could have been on progesterone since January! Not very happy about that, but at least I’m on it now.  

Post # 201
235 posts
Helper bee

heartandstars :  Update – beta was negative so I’m officially out for the month. No 2019 baby for us. I’ll roll call on the April board once I get my period. Fingers crossed for anyone else who hasn’t roll called this month! 

Post # 203
909 posts
Busy bee

<div class=”” data-block=”true” data-editor=”ai64i” data-offset-key=”dl9vr-0-0″>
<div class=”_1mf _1mj” data-offset-key=”dl9vr-0-0″>I’m feeling extra guilty today. On our vacation, DH and I said we were going to stay away from alcohol as much as possible, but I do definitely know there were a few days we drank way more than we should have.</div>
</div>
<div class=”” data-block=”true” data-editor=”ai64i” data-offset-key=”eupps-0-0″>
<div class=”_1mf _1mj” data-offset-key=”eupps-0-0″> </div>
</div>
<div class=”” data-block=”true” data-editor=”ai64i” data-offset-key=”fv3bh-0-0″>
<div class=”_1mf _1mj” data-offset-key=”fv3bh-0-0″>I’m already feeling like we’ve screwed up our IVF cycle for next month. 🙁</div>
</div>

Post # 204
1331 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

NicLE1218 :  well that was a colossal fuck of a cycle. Being sick and having crazy high temps for most of FP. Getting positive opk but then Ava breaks. Getting lots of EWCM 5 days after blazing positive opk. Then temps rising but not being normal LP (with broken Ava). Spotting from 8dpo. AF begins on 11dpo, when the other 5 Femara cycles I got 14-15 dpo without spotting. All I can say is ARGH. 

Post # 205
685 posts
Busy bee

AF arrived so I’m out. See you in April! 

Post # 208
235 posts
Helper bee

tulipdazey :  You didn’t! A few drinks shouldn’t make a difference this far out. 

anev :  That is an incredibly confusing cycle. Sorry you are out this month! 

goldenbrown :  Sorry you are out! 

Post # 209
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

OMG. I got a BFP this morning. 

We’ve been trying since August for our first. We met with RE this past Thurs, he said we were “unexplained” since all of our tests look normal. We were fully prepared to start IUI next cycle. 

OMG. I don’t even know what to do right now. Of course, Darling Husband is in 2 big meetings today so I’ll be waiting until this evening to tell him.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors