March 2019 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 6 months ago in TTC
Post # 16
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

NicLE1218 :  I’d like to get the Ava or the Ovusense, but my husband doesn’t want to spend the money.

I went to pick up compounded progesterone suppositories today. The doctor thinks my strange midcycle bleeding last month was because my progesterone pills weren’t doing the trick. It was much more expensive than I expected. My insurance pays for pretty much anything with a copay of less than $20. Imagine my shock when the pharmacist told me that a supply of 30 was $70! I held out my insurance card, but they don’t bill insurance! They gave me a form to send the insurance. However, I’m currently going rounds with everyone. I called my insurance to find out exactly what to do. They will pay for ingredients, but not a compounding fee. My receipt lists the compounding fee with the ingredients free. I had to call the pharmacy, explain the fee versus ingredients problem and they’re supposed to be emailing me a new receipt. Why is this so difficult!?

Post # 17
3272 posts
Sugar bee

Your age/partner’s age: 32/34

Baby #: 1

Cycles Trying: 2 effing years! 😳

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD14

Usual Cycle Length: 35ish days

Ovulation/Procedure (and what kind) Date:  ovulation. Hoping for the 15th (CD16) 🀞

POAS/Beta Date: March 5th – my LP last femara cycle was 18 days

Known fertility issues: PCO, one fallopian tube

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): femara cycle, BDing ED CD11-16. 400mg CoQ10, vitamins c, d and e. Charting as usual!

Trying anything new this month?: Nope.

Link to your chart if charting:

For fun: Favorite TV series (bonus if it is on Hulu or Netflix) right now?:  The Fall! Great if you like serial killer / detective shows 😊 it’s on netflix.

Post # 18
607 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

NicLE1218 :  thanks the doctor said just to try again when I feel ready so I think I’ll just give it a bash and if it’s sore we’ll stop. 

Post # 19
607 posts
Busy bee

A Million Little Things sounds good! It’s not available in the U.K. yet but hopefully will be picked up.

Post # 20
607 posts
Busy bee

RaccoonKitty :  sorry you’re still here after 2 years same as me πŸ™ hope femara works, do you have any plans for future ivf?

Post # 22
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

NicLE1218 :  I’m in the US, but we can’t have an HSA because we  don’t have a high deductible plan and I’m too nervous to lose the money from an FSA because we normally don’t spend much on healthcare. I had heard the trigger shots were expensive. Yikes! Hopefully Clomid works this month because that’s our next step. We started filling out papers for the clinic last night. My husband was not thrilled to discover that your risk of multiples goes up to 30% when you use injectables.

Post # 23
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 30/38

Cycles Trying: I think this makes 17

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Usual Cycle Length: 31-32 days

Ovulation/Procedure (and what kind) Date: IUI #1, estimated right around end of Feb/beginning of March

POAS/Beta Date: March 16th

Known fertility issues: Unexplained infertility

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): Prenatals, CoQ10, charting, OPKs/monitoring, Clomid, baby aspirin and elderberry for inflammation

Trying anything new this month?: IUI with Clomid finally, was supposed to start in October, but my Darling Husband was a little hesitant. He still is reluctant, but finally seeing that it just isn’t happening naturally. Plus our due date was end of January for our MC, so I think it’s hitting home that we aren’t pregnant yet and also now we probably won’t have a 2019 baby.

Link to your chart if charting: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6eb6c1 

For fun: Favorite TV series (bonus if it is on Hulu or Netflix) right now?: We just started Mindhunter on Netflix, which is pretty good, I studied criminal psychology in undergrad and had wanted to be a criminal profiler (before I realized how burned out you would get), so it’s really interesting for me. Also watching the new season of True Detective on HBO and we just finished Ozark.

Post # 24
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

angel_baby_12_9 :  I did 4 cycles of Clomid with no luck, but we’re starting it again to go with IUI since I responded well to it. Have you looked at GoodRx? I have pretty good insurance, but a lot of my prescriptions are even cheaper when using that versus my insurance. You can just check out the website or the app, but it should give you the cheapest pharmacy in the area. My Clomid went from $15 to around $7. Also – our plan doesn’t qualify for HSA either and this is the first year I’m contributing to my FSA. We only did $1,000, which I know we’ll spend more than that, but my Darling Husband didn’t want to do the fully $2500. We’re also re-evaluting our insurance plans at work (that’s my job), and I’m looking at plans that have more comprehensive infertility coverage, so hopefully we’ll find something. I can’t really justify suggesting one of these plans if it’s significantly more expensive and only for me, but I do also think it’s a good recruiting tool and if I’m upfront about it, my bosses would be pretty supportive.

Post # 25
697 posts
Busy bee

NicLE1218 :  Thanks for starting this and sending you good vibes for a positive month!! Saint Patrick’s Day is all about luck right??

AFM, I’m not ready to rollover quite yet. I realized that since my cycles are so short and I kinda messed up my Feb date (really should have been end of Jan) I technically have a second POAS date at the very end of Feb. Also, have a little drama with health insurance. Our employer policy is getting switched over and I’m trying to figure out what’s covered for IVF with the new policy. But it hasn’t switched over yet so I don’t have the group or member number and the insurance company can’t tell me specifics until I have that info. And I do NOT feel comfortable asking the HR person who handles insurance questions about IVF coverage. Ugh. Anyone out there have Oxford Liberty or Freedom plans?

Post # 26
1359 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 28/28

Cycles Trying: ..since October is 2016, had to

take a quick break last April for my lap.

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Usual Cycle Length: 28ish days

Ovulation/Procedure (and what kind) Date: Maybe February 26th? I have no idea what to expect.

POAS/Beta Date: tentative date of 3/12, two days before we leave for Mexico! (Please universe don’t make me be on af for Mexico!!)

Known fertility issues: endo

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): Charting. Supplements…CoQ10, prenatal, vitamin c, e and d, r-lipoic acid.

Trying anything new this month?: Nope

For fun: Favorite TV series (bonus if it is on Hulu or Netflix) right now?: Ummm.. game of thrones, outlander, this is us. 

Post # 28
3272 posts
Sugar bee

lucky_charm :  The 2 year mark hits pretty hard hey? πŸ™ I haven’t been able to keep up with these boards much lately, have you just had a lap? 

We’re doing our second round of IVF once this stupid cycle ends!  I’m on 2.5mg of Femara on  CD15 with no positive opk in sight, I’m feeling very frustrated right now!

Post # 29
3272 posts
Sugar bee

Dr_dazzle :  Are you planning on binge watching the last season of Game of Thrones when it comes out in April? 😏 I can’t watch one episode a week, so I might wait until the season is done and just try to avoid spoilers on social media πŸ˜‚

Post # 30
1400 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Hi ladies, I’m just coming by to say hi. I’m going to try to be more active this next month (as I’m currently 7dpo). Anyone else who can’t wait for this horribly long winter to be over??

Also, I have resolved to start exercising again on my next cycle to help with circulation. Does anyone have any exercise apps they recommend? I used fitstar in the past and I liked it but the trained changed and it wasn’t good anymore! Must do indoor exercises and I’m not looking for anything really intense! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors