March 2019 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 6 months ago in TTC
Post # 46
3273 posts
Sugar bee

heartandstars :  I started using opks on CD8 too! So very strange, there was barely a second line on any of my opks! I tend to have pee dilution issues too, but never to this extent ๐Ÿคท‍โ™€๏ธ

I’m still skeptical though, these LP temps are quite low!

We had doctors orders to BD CD11-15 but decided to start CD10 because I ovulated on CD12 during my last femara cycle too. 

At this point I’m so looking forward to IVF again lol 

Post # 47
607 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

RaccoonKitty :  glad to see you got crosshairs. My recovery has been not bad thanks, although AF was as painful as ever. Yeah I’m unexplained, although from what I’ve read endo can affect hormones and inflammation in ways they still don’t have enough research on so could well be impacting things.

Post # 50
1360 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

lucky_charm :  I started taking R lipoic acid last cycle. It’s supposed help with endo stuff. The author of it starts with an egg had an article about it on her website. I will say that I had the “perfect cycle” last cycle. O’d on CD 14 lp was 14 days long, first time that has ever happened without meds since starting ttc in 2016. I’m not sure it it was a fluke or the R lipoic acid, or any of the other vitamins I’m taking. But I figured I’d tell you about the R lipoic acid in anycase. I’ll see if I can find that article for you.

ETA: here is that link. https://itstartswiththeegg.com/endo/

Post # 51
469 posts
Helper bee

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 30/ 35

Baby #: 1

Cycles Trying: Dec 2016, so too long to count

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Usual Cycle Length: 31-30

Ovulation/Procedure (and what kind) Date: ICSI, so no O date

POAS/Beta Date: I have no clue actually… If everything works out, egg retrieval should be on the 4th of march and transfer on the 9th?

Known fertility issues: MFI, removed endo

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): some stuff to increase his testosterone and specific vitamins; 500 bucks of shots in the fridge for me, fish oil, vitamin e/d/c, folic acid, vitamin b, Q10, lthyroxin (and I for sure forgot something)

Trying anything new this month?: ICSI

For fun: Favorite TV series (bonus if it is on Hulu or Netflix) right now? Nailed it on netflix!

Post # 52
936 posts
Busy bee

Feeling extra down today. Darling Husband and I are trying naturally for the first time in awhile since we are on a break from IVF and hit BD/O perfectly… but I still have so little hope this month.

An old friend of mine went for her first IVF consultation last month since she has been dealing with PCOS. Well, since that appointment, she found out she got pregnant naturally even though her consultation doctor said she would never get pregnant on her own.

I am so happy for her, but it’s really upsetting me today.

My doctor said we should have NO problem getting pregnant… and here we are. Over 2 years later, still nothing, still being diagnosd as unexplained infertility. (Luckily we have 2 consultations coming up next month, so I am hoping for some more answers.)

On top of that, I’ve had multiple comments from people seeing things like, “See? *Friend* probably got pregnancy because she just relaxed!” Or “See? Miracles happen! Yours is coming soon.” It’s so frustrating. I know miracles happen for some people, but not for everyone… and at this point I am really feeling like just giving up.

What’s further infuriating is that I eat healthy, I exercise, I take my supplements, I am a healthy weight, yet I still think I have egg quality issues. I’m healthy! So why aren’t my eggs??! (I know more factors into egg quality than just those… but gah.)

Sorry for the rant. I’m just so sad today.

Post # 53
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

tulipdazey :  You always hear that one story where it happened naturally against all odds, and you’re like it can happen!  It always gives me hope, but I’ve learned to stop getting my hopes up for that.  I hear you on the eating healthy etc. I did everything right for my FET, and nothing worked.  You will get your baby though I’m sure.

AFM: I’m not roll calling because I just spoke to RE and we are shooting for an early April transfer so no POAS for me for March, but I do want to follow along with all of you, so I’m joining anyway.  Mark me down for a rollover already LOL!  Favorite show I can play along with though, right now I’m super into True Detective (HBO), I also just watched Informer (Prime) and that was excellent.  

Post # 54
771 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

tulipdazey : ooooh geez the “just relax and it’ll happen” comments are THE WORST for me. I swear it sends a sense of anger right down me. It’s hard to keep hoping though whe you invest so much of your life into but I genuinely do believe it will happen. Chin up and keep doing what you’re doing ๐Ÿ˜‰ We’re all in it with you <3

Post # 55
771 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Dfitzy :  Nice! at this point, a month off seems lovely. 

AFM, we have been at this for so long and postponing trips and visiting family abroad in the event that I get pregnant (clearly I haven’t). So we went ahead and booked a two week trip over Christmas to Trinidad and Tobago! We’ll try for one more cycle and then take a 2 month break so that I’m not due/8 months pregnant while we’re away.

Post # 57
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

mrsalexander :  A trip sounds so nice!  I hope you guys have fun!

NicLE1218 :  I hope it has grown, let us know how your scan goes this morning.  Some people swear by accupuncture.  I did it for a few IUI cycles and my egg retreival, and my FET.  None of those worked, so I can’t say it definitly helped.  I can let you know that I really enjoyed it regardless of if it worked or not.  It’s very relaxing and it’s nice to just go and shut your mind off for an hour and relax.  I don’t think I’ll be doing it for the next FET though just because it didn’t help before.  

Post # 58
258 posts
Helper bee

tulipdazey :  I also wish I was able to take you out for a coffee. I’m sorry you’re struggling right now. It is the least helpful thing in the world to hear people tell you to relax, or that it will happen soon, or whatever else they think is appropriate (when its sooo not).

NicLE1218 :  FX!! 

Post # 59
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

tulipdazey :  I feel you – we’re doing IUI this month, but I feel really negative about it too. The miracle/relax comments really are the worst and it’s so hard to hear them. Even my Darling Husband said something a few nights ago about how just feels it’s going to happen soon (for the record, he’s said this at least 3-4 times and it’s never happened, minus a MC almost a year ago). When doing a natural cycle and having good timing, I think it’s just a weird balance of thinking/knowing it’s not going to work and yet looking and hoping for any sign. Last night my mom made a comment about how we should enjoy this time before kids (my brother just had his 3rd and it’s a little crazy). She sent me a text apologizing for being insensitive this morning, but it’s so hard not to take every little thing the wrong way.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors