March 2019 POAS

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 166
426 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
hopfenn :  does your kit say 6m wait? I’m just asking because my understanding was that it’s only 3min.  Hang in there and it should get stronger. 

My nurse (can’t get through to an actual doctor at all) said that I can come in for another hcg but they can’t even do an ultrasound until I’m at 5k hcg since they won’t see anything. 

Can anyone help me with the math here? If last tues my hcg was 35 and thurs it was 105, how do I calculate what it should be today?  Do I double 105 every two days, or once the 105 doubles and the new number is 210 do I then use 210 and double that?  I’m trying to calc what my hcg should be if I get it drawn today 

Post # 167
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

View original reply
financegal87 :  So if Thursday was 105, Saturday should be 210, and today should be 420.

Post # 168
1948 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
financegal87 :  It says 5 minutes actually! But I take that to mean give or take, because “check result at 5 minutes” isn’t even a window of time. What happens if I look at 5 minutes and 2 seconds, is that no longer relevant? πŸ˜›

Either way, another faint line showed up for me this morning. Still super faint, but for some reason my tests always seem better in the evening, so I will report back tonight!

As for your hcg math, you’d double 105 to get 210. Then you’d double 210 to get 420, etc. That won’t be too accurate though, since yours seems to have tripled 48 hours!  It’s only supposed to roughly double every 48 hours, but it won’t be 100% doubling every time (could be less, could be more), so it’ll only give you a rough estimate!

Post # 170
426 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
hopfenn :  wow maybe all this time i had been setting my timer for 3 min and I misread it?!    That’s good you’re getting a faint.  I was super super early when I had mine… 8dpo! That was a Monday and Tuesday my hcg was only 35.

Post # 171
1948 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
financegal87 :  I think it varies based on the test! FRERs say to read it after 3 minutes but before 10, but my wondfos packaging just says 5 minutes!

My [email protected] tests are still white, so I’m wondering if my wondfos are just super sensitive maybe? I saw the first squinty line at 9dpo in the evening which also showed up within the time limit. I assumed it was an indent but then the faint line kept happening hahaha. I really want to use a FRER but I promised Darling Husband I wouldn’t use it until 12dpo so I’m saving that one!

Post # 172
550 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Hi! I want to join in on this month too! I remember when we were trying for my first, these boards had such a great sense of community!

ROLL CALL:

Your age/ partner’s age: 28 

Baby #2

Current cycle day/DPO: 11, but I just discovered I ovulated today 😬 Gotta get baby making!! 

Ovulation day: Supposed to be next week but apparently today!

POAS day: March 18th in an ideal world … but let’s be honest, no way I’m holding out until then

Usual cycle length: 32 days

Cycles trying: We’ve been going through IVF but we had one month between cycles so we just figured we would go for it and see what happens!

BFP plan: OPK strips, taking vitamins and folic acid, preseed and I started using the Glow app (which I love)

Trying anything new this month: Trying naturally! BDing is so much more fun than IVF treatments πŸ˜‚

For fun: what’s your favourite snack: Right now I’m addicted to Fuzzy Peach macarons πŸ™‚

Post # 173
746 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Backyard

View original reply
hopfenn :  I can see that shadow! FX it turns into something, I’m excited for your update!

View original reply
jbirdlee1015 :  totally, I was going to put TTC on hold for a couple months but then found out I’m not a bridesmaid (not sure if she’s having any) and honestly I’m at the point where nothing is going to get in my way of TTC anymore! We technically started trying in Nov ‘17 but took a 5 month hiatus for various reasons, now I’m wishing I had that time back! But I know things will happen when they’re meant to. Doesn’t keep me from trying my little heart out until they do!

Post # 174
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2017 - France

AF is two days late but I’m waiting a few more days to test just in case. 

Post # 175
1231 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
hopfenn :  
View original reply
sankwa :  🀞🏿🀞🏿🀞🏿

Post # 176
9 posts
Newbee

So today is the day of my missed period. I tested negative..

But to be fair not sure what’s going on. Have had so much cramping since 7dpo and brown cm, only when I check my cervix, from 7 to 12 dpo. 13 dpo now and still have the brownish discharge. Too long for an implantation bleed so I’m now just like witch you can show your face so I can move on..

Today my cramping is gone.. Still have brown cm when I check, so far nothing has actually come out. So if I hadn’t checked I would be missed this ‘spotting

All I can still do is wait…..

Post # 177
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

So looks like my cp may have messed up my cycle a bit, looks like I’m ovulating today as opposed to Friday (opk was positive last night)..a little disappointing seeing as we won’t have gotten as much bd in as i’d hope..we’ll have hit o-1 and o and i’ll aim for o+1 as well.

View original reply
mommadreams :  can you change my POAS date to March 19th please?

Post # 178
1948 posts
Buzzing bee

So not sure what’s going on. Last night I had a faint line on an [email protected] so I did another, and then there was nothing. Nothing on the wondfos anymore but bad dye runs. Used an FRER and nothing. Now I have no idea if these were false positives and a crappy batch of wondfos or an early chemical. 

On the flipside, my temperature is higher today than it has been all cycle which gives me a tiny glimmer of hope.  

I’m not sure when I’m supposed to get AF since my LP has been messed up since my miscarriage. If it’s normal AF should be Friday, if it’s still messed up then AF should come tomorrow.

What a rollercoaster!

View original reply
Tinka88 :  Sorry for the rollercoaster you’re on as well πŸ™ <3 

Post # 179
426 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
mysterygal101 :  better late then never!!! I hear you though, we BD every day on our vacation (which is a lot for us) and thought for sure we had conceived. Then we got a positive opk two weeks later!!!

Post # 180
426 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
hopfenn : sorry you didn’t see the bfp. That’s so frustrating w the tests!  Hang in there!!!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors