March 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ months)

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 3
490 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

This is my first time roll calling on the infertility thread… I’m still wrapping my head around the transition from “regular trying” to getting an infertility diagnosis and starting treatment, and am totally overwhelmed. I could really use a community of other people walking these difficult TTC paths, and am looking forward to getting to know you all.

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 32/31

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: this is cycle 11, post-MC

Current CD/DPO: CD5

Usual cycle length: 26 days

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): ~2/29, possible first IUI

POAS/Beta day: ~3/12

Known fertility issues: low morphology (3%). I’ll find out my AMH and CD3 results on Monday, so we’re still figuring out what all is going on.

BFP plan: If my AMH is good, this cycle will be our first IUI (unmedicated, with sperm wash to help with the low morphology). If my AMH is poor, we’ll move right to IVF + ICSI. (I’m from the US but live in Belgium, and the infertility treatment pathway here seems SO different.)

Trying anything new this month?: monitoring, treatment.. it’s all so new..

For fun – What is your hobby? rock climbing

Post # 4
490 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
anev :  I’m so sorry for your negative beta. That must be so hard, after everything you’ve had to go through.  <3

Post # 6
490 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
anev :  Thank you for helping make and maintain this space. I really appreciate the welcome, even as I’m in the early days of my infertility journey!

For sure, the morphology could be worse.. they use a cutoff of 14% here (I think from the prior WHO ref values), but 4% is what I’ve always seen elsewhere. DH’s count and motility were good (roughly 180 million and 75% rapid progressive motile). My understanding is that sperm washing is known to be effective for low motility, but results are mixed for low morphology… so I guess it will be really informative to see what our post-wash counts look like on this first IUI.

It’s frustrating that the waiting process takes so long out there in Canada!  I hope you’re able to do some fun non-fertility things on your mandatory rest month. 

Post # 8
3953 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
anev :  Thanks for starting up a new thread! And I’m so torn about testing early… 7 days post transfer is March 31. I think I’ll try to make it as close to Beta as possible but if I can’t hold out then a week post transfer would be the earliest I’d test. I want to know before getting the phone call. 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/48 

Cycles TTC: We tried for 5 until we got our azoospermia diagnosis. That was toward the end of 2018.

Current CD/DPO: N/A on BCP

Usual cycle length: 28 days

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): preparing for FET on 3/24!

POAS/Beta day: These may be two different days! The earliest I’ll allow myself to test is a week after my transfer on March 31. I will try to make it to my Beta day, which is April 7 (the day before my birthday)!

Known fertility issues: Male factor infertility 

BFP plan: Just sticking with the protocol, eating well, and I’m finally getting back into working out now that my ovaries seem back to normal after my egg retrieval.  

Trying anything new this month?: The whole FET process is new to us. 

For fun – What is your hobby? I make greeting cards, I read a lot of psychological thrillers, mysteries and self-helf books, and I enjoy aerial fitness classes (hammock silks, bungee, acroyoga, etc.). 

Post # 10
3953 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
anev :  I totally understand where you’re coming from and see the pros and cons of both. This is our first real chance at getting pregnant though. I never made it the full TWW when we were trying naturally so I imagine it would be even harder to with the knowledge that there’s an actual embryo in there with a fighting chance.  

Post # 11
928 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
anev :  ugh so sorry to see you here for March. I was really rooting for you.

Im just waiting for AF to start any day now and then I’ll start my fifth round of letrozole. I’m going to ask my nurse about trying something new. So far no one at my clinic seems concerned about my thin lining but I can’t help but wonder if it’s preventing us from being successful. I know it’s only been four rounds of letrozole but I’m tired of doing the same thing each month and not getting a result, especially when we have no other known issues. 

Post # 12
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Your age/partner’s age: 43/50

Cycles TTC: 6 Years

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): IVF via Egg Donor.  Egg Retrieval on or around 3/10 (give or take a few days).  Transfer 3-5 days after that.

POAS/Beta day: TBD, but somewhere around 3/29

Known fertility issues: Unknown

Trying anything new this month?:  This is our third egg donor cycle.  The first was a frozen cycle, and resulted in a MC.  The second was a fresh cycle with a first time donor.  That cycle was canceled due to the donor not responding to medicine.  This donor is a proven donor with a high AFC.  Praying hard for many healthy embryos!!!

For fun – What is your hobby?:  I love to bake (vegan baker!) and read.

Good luck everyone!!

Post # 15
3953 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
anev :  Well that’s far better than the 0% chance we’ve had with no sperm up until now. I’m really just trying to be optimistic here. Part of me is so used to delays and things not going well on this journey that I’m scared to get my hopes up. But another part of me has a good feeling about things, perhaps in part due to my RE’s optimism for us. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors