March 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ months)

posted 7 months ago in TTC
Post # 136
4187 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

NVM, AF has arrived. Hoping and praying that this is the last one for the year! 

Post # 137
2684 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
anev :  they get paid the big bucks for a reason. Hopefully he does know!!! 

Post # 138
4316 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
NicLE1218 :  
View original reply
stellate23 :  
View original reply
piscesinsc :  
View original reply
anev :  thanks all for the comments. I went in for my US and bloodwork. They saw a cyst on my right ovary and said it looked like it was from a follicle that didn’t trigger last cycle, I guess a leftover follicle. They said my estrogen was below an 80 at a 39 so they let me proceed with the Iui.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening? They said it’s common after injectable meds to develop cysts that will disappear in the next cycle. I really hope that’s the case. It makes me nervous because that cyst is on my “good” ovary side and I don’t want to mess with anything. They assured me it was okay but I can’t help but worry. I wish this all wasn’t so nerve wracking. 🙁 

Post # 139
4316 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
piscesinsc :  my clinic does test progesterone levels as well. I’ve had to do that for both of the iui’s I’ve done. I feel like we might be using the same RE company…. your situation sounds completely the same as mine. 

Post # 140
4316 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
anev : yes I hope that was the reason for your higher prolactin number. It makes sense that that would be the reason. I hope you get some answers soon and it’s NBD. 

Post # 141
4187 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
Cheekie0077 :  I have heard of that, and it’s actually one of my concerns for my upcoming baseline scan on Friday. But I’m hoping that this past month on birth control and now lupron shots after my egg retrieval has given everything enough time to settle down and hopefully there won’t be any cysts or follicles that don’t belong. 

Post # 143
603 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Has anyone here made a decision to hold off on treatment to later regret it? I got a positive OPK today and my US is tomorrow but I’m now having this overwhelming feeling of urgency that we should have gone onto IUI and I am wasting this cycle. My DH dosent feel the same and I know we have a trip booked so he thinks it best to not start treatment now but cant help but regretting our decision…

Post # 144
4187 posts
Honey bee

I had my baseline appointment this morning and our RE gave me the green light to start Estradiol this morning as he anticipates my blood work will be fine based on what he saw. My ovaries are mostly back down to their normal size, no cysts, and there are follicles but the lupron is doing its job and suppressing everything. I’m so excited to be on track!  

View original reply
mrsnitti17 :  I think that it’s easy to second guess a break when you think about how much further you might get or could have been. It’s okay if what felt like the right decision then doesn’t now. I’m not sure that anything can be done about that feeling, but try not to beat yourself up. My husband regrets not moving on more quickly when we got his diagnosis, but I’d never blame him for taking time to process. Timelines go out the window on this journey.  

Post # 145
1103 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
mrsnitti17 :  I understand how you’re feeling. Buttt maybe if you get the timing right this will be the cycle you guys naturally get pregnant! You never know! 

Post # 146
1103 posts
Bumble bee

I’m lying here after my IUI and I think things went well! A teeny bit of cramping during the procedure but nothing more than a twinge really. Sperm count was 6.4 million and my fears of ovulating before the IUI were unfounded. I have two unruptured mature follicles! This is the first time I’ve ever had two, and the nurse said it does increase my chances somewhat so I’m hopeful! 

Post # 147
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
mrsnitti17 :  I have often wondered if we waited too long between finding out about our issues and starting treatment, but I also know that we weren’t ready emotionally to just jump in. We would have been too stressed and dissapointed even if we had gotten pregnant earlier. I tend to think things happen as they should and you can only do what feels right in the moment. I have a hard time not second-guessing myself, but this process has taught me that it’s just not a good idea to do that because there is so much uncertainty in general. I think giving yourselves some time before starting treatment is a good idea, personally. 

DogsAndWine :  Good luck! Two unruptured follicles is awesome! I had no cramping the first IUI but this last one was much worse for some reason. Don’t be surprised if you feel bloated for a day or two afterwards. I didn’t do yoga for two days afterwards this time because I couldn’t handle bending my abdomen at all. 

Post # 148
512 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

View original reply
anev :  I’m sorry about the delayed O this cycle.. I hope that everything goes back to normal for you soon.

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  That’s so exciting!  Is the plan to transfer around the end of March?

View original reply
DogsAndWine :  I’m so glad to hear that everything went well with the IUI!  FX for you!

Post # 149
4187 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
DogsAndWine :  Fingers crossed!!! 

View original reply
stellate23 :  Thank you 🙂 Yes, March 24 is the big day!

Post # 150
1103 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
piscesinsc :  yup definitely feeling bloated now! It doesn’t help that I’m just sitting at my desk. Glad I’m not wearing tight pants today though lol 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors