March 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ months)

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 211
1295 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - California

View original reply
stellate23 :  It’s really tough, there are so many considerations to weigh, including the likelihood of success as well as the potential exposure to infection in the hospital. Getting an infection in the hospital is always a concern (though I suspect that’s usually associated with longer-term stays, I could be wrong about that), but with coronavirus obviously it’s so much more heightened. I am also wondering whether it will be realistic for me to do monitoring and ultimately an egg retrieval, starting when stims and monitoring when AF arrives around the end of this month. Unfortunately, some U.S. hospitals are starting to have to make the decision to postpone non-essential procedures in order to prepare for the influx of coronavirus cases. For now it seems like most clinics in my city are still moving forward with cycles but that would certainly come to a halt if our local hospitals need to pause retrievals and transfers, which makes sense from a resourcing perspective (and hopefully people who need fertility preservation treatments before undergoing cancer treatments will still be able to get them safely). 

Post # 212
1295 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - California

Further to my post above, NYC has cancelled all elective surgeries. Earliest I could have started stims was end of this month. I guess the silver lining is that I didn’t have my cycle cancelled midway, but now it’s on hold indefinitely. I hope that you other Bees are still able to move forward with your procedures wherever you are in the world. 

Post # 213
492 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

ladyvictoria :  That really sucks about the cancelled birthday brunch, and not being able to hang out with your family.  🙁  I really really hope that you’re able to continue with your FET as planned; it sounds like you’ve been through so much already to get to this point. 

View original reply
zstbee84 :  I’m so sorry that your cycle was cancelled.  I hope you’re able to pick things back up soon.

AFM, my hospital announced that “all non-urgent interventions/appointments” are cancelled/postponed.  We were really weighing what to do, anyway, so at least this takes the weight of the decision off of our shoulders.

Post # 214
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
zstbee84 :  
View original reply
stellate23 :  I’m sorry your procedures have been cancelled. I hope you are able to get back to it farily quickly and it will be successful. It is so hard when you’ve already waited so long and now you’re delayed again. 

Post # 215
3970 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
zstbee84 :  So sorry that this happened to you. I know that these decisions are made with everyone’s safety and well being in mind but it’s still a major disappointment, I’m sure. I’ve had a knot in my stomach for a week now with worry that my transfer will be delayed,  and then the flipside of that coin which is moving forward into the unknown and potentially wishing we had delayed in the future if crap continues to hit the fan. It’s a tough time to be pursuing fertility treatment, but I know that this pandemic isn’t convenient for anyone.

View original reply
stellate23 :  Thank you. It has been a rough journey so part of me isn’t surprised that a pandemic decided to pop up just when things were looking up. I had my lining check and blood work this morning and we discussed our concerns with our RE. He reassured us that they are moving forward with scheduled procedures for healthy patients and that they will continue to do so unless new information from ASRM and the CDC shows that it would be unsafe. 

I’m waiting to hear back about my blood work but my lining is trilaminar and over 8mm so we’re on track for our transfer next Tuesday. Please send all the good vibes and calm energy my way!

Post # 216
90 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  Good luck for next week! I hope your blood work looks good and you can do the transfer next Tuesday. 

I have my 11 day scan on Monday and will likely inseminate on Tuesday if it goes like last month. I just ordered my ovidrel and the DS should be into my RE’s office on Thursday. I hope we can get this last cycle in before things get too crazy from COVID-19. I’m in the office today but we’re officially shutting down and having everyone work from home starting tomorrow now that the schools are closed. 

Post # 217
3970 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
piscesinsc :  Thanks so much. My RE anticipates that my estrogen levels will be fine but if not then I may need to split my estradiol dose and take half orally and half vaginally. I’m hoping that my blood work will be good though. I’d prefer not to have one more thing to put up there with Endometrin and PIO starting this Friday lol 

Best of luck with your IUI and as you prepare to work from home. I must admit, I do enjoy working on my chaise in front of the fireplace with my dog napping beside me. I could get used to this 🙂 

Post # 218
90 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  Thanks! I do like working from home the one day a week I currently do it. I’m not looking forward to two weeks of it as I need human interaction, but we’ll see how it goes. It is nice to relax with my cat, but I swear she gets tired of me after a few days of being home. She hibernates under the covers on the bed. 

Post # 219
3970 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
piscesinsc :  I totally understand. I’m more of an extrovert and need interaction during my day. This is my third or fourth time working from home so it hasn’t worn on me, but I imagine that it may if this becomes my norm for the next few weeks/indefinitely. I’ve been chatting with my co-workers on Skype Business and my husband works from home so we have each other. 

Post # 220
492 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

View original reply
piscesinsc :  Thank you.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed that you get a beautiful follicle(s) and have a succesful insemination next week!

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  It sounds like everything is looking so ready for you!  Sending good thoughts!!

Post # 221
3970 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
stellate23 :  Thank you, I certainly need them!

Post # 223
3970 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
anev :  I would be bummed too, I’m so sorry. Honestly my feelings are all over the place. Do I even want to be pregnant at a time like this? How will it impact my future care if we’re successful? It’s such a mindf*ck. But while the choice is still on the table, we’re moving forward; my husband doesn’t want to delay. I don’t either really, I just wish we knew more but we don’t. My bloodwork showed that my estrogen is good but a little lower than expected so I have to split my night dose to half oral/half inserted now. I wonder if stress has anything to do with it or if it’s just a fluke. 

Post # 224
938 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
anev :  Oh man, that’s really disappointing.  I’m glad you have found a more proactive doctor but that’s absolutely a bummer that your plans are on hold indefinitely. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors