March 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ months)

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 226
488 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

View original reply
anev :  I’m so sorry that your cycle was cancelled. ๐Ÿ™   And wow, that’s a really rough financial hit for the new treatment plan. What is the tentative game plan with the second opinion — something new to help your lining?

Post # 228
1267 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - California

View original reply
anev :  I’m sorry to hear that, this whole thing is very frustrating! Hopefully the fact that your clinic is standalone and does not do transfers in the hospital will help your clinic get back to normal sooner than later, but I realize at this point there’s no end in sight. I’m also sorry to hear about the financial burden this will be placing on you. I hope that one day we’ll both be posting here about our successful transfers. My clinic is connected to a hospital and hospitals here in NYC (I believe statewide too, but I could be wrong on that) have been ordered to stop all elective surgeries, so for some people they may be able to squeeze in a retireval or transfer before that happens, but my clinic isn’t starting any new cycles at this point.  I am not sure if any clinics are standalone here, it never really occurred to me that that was a possibility, but I think eventually they are all likely to shut down or stop doing IVF cycles even if they are standalone given everything that is going on. The climate here is really intense because we’ve had so many confirmed cases and we’re heading towards a very overtaxed hospital system and needing to look at options for building temporary hospitals. I think the same thing is happening all over the U.S., not all at once but gradually as different local governments make the decision to pause elective surgeries. I think clinics here were hoping that with taking precautions they would be able to keep operating, and that’s been the case for the past couple of weeks but now things are starting to wind down. 

Post # 229
3952 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
zstbee84 :  I think you’ve explained what’s going on perfectly. I’m continuing to take my Estradiol as instructed but my anxiety is through the roof because I’m anticipating a cancellation call at any moment. I guess bracing for it is helping me accept that so much is out of my hands right now. This is not at all what I expected this stage of our journey to look like, but that’s pretty much how it’s been from the start. If we get delayed then a big weight will be lifted with all of the anxiety and we can try again when it’s safe. If we move forward and it works then I’ll likely get to work from home through my first trimester, which would be awesome. And if we move forward and it doesn’t work, we’ll try again when the world isn’t so crazy.

ETA: As of today, my IVF Center is continuing business as usual (with heightened precautions). 

Post # 230
590 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
anev : Im really sorry to hear your bad news. My clinic closed yesterday as well, so I am glad I pushed back our IUI plans. I hope everything resolves quickly so that you dont have to stay closed for too long.

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  Im glad to hear your clinic is still up and running. Fingers crossed it all goes well for you!

We have deiceded to not do another medicated cycle and are just waiting for our next appointment with the doctor in May. Our clinic has closed and we would have to go unmonitored. I think with the work from home orders and self isolation, we will take this as a sign to take a break. Unfortunatly our trip is now cancelled but hopefully we can just flip that money into our fertility treatments. Good luck to everyone else! I hopefully will be back in May ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 231
1267 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  I am glad to hear that your clinic is still operating and I’m really hoping that however this turns out you will get a break from the anxiety very soon. On top of everything else going on, the heightened level of anxiety is so stressful. For me, I was extremely anxious constantly until I found out that I would definitely not be moving forward this cycle. Since then my anxiety comes and goes in waves, but it’s definitely improved. Anyway, crossing everything for you and sending all of the good vibes your way!

Post # 232
3952 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
zstbee84 :  Yes, the anxiety is truly the worst part right now. I coud always cancel it myself but my husband really wants to hold out so I’m trying to for his sake. Thank you, I need all of the good vibes. My supervisor is being incredibly supportive and that helps too. 

Post # 234
3952 posts
Honey bee

Sorry if I end up with duplicate posts, the site is being weird about letting me edit. 

<div class=”_2cuy _3dgx _2vxa”>I’d be shocked if our transfer doesn’t get cancelled after this update from SART: </div>

ASRM issues new guidance on fertility care during COVID-19 pandemic Calls for suspension of most treatments

Mar 17, 2020

Author: ASRM

Published in: For immediate release

Washington DC – The American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), the global leader in reproductive medicine, today issues new guidance for its members as they manage patients in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.  Developed by an expert Task Force, of physicians, embryologists, and mental health professionals, the new document recommends suspension of new, non-urgent treatments.

Specifically, the recommendations include:

• Suspension of initiation of new treatment cycles, including ovulation induction, intrauterine inseminations (IUIs), in vitro fertilization (IVF) including retrievals and frozen embryo transfers, and non-urgent gamete cryopreservation.
  • Strongly consider cancellation of all embryo transfers, whether fresh or frozen.
  • Continue to care for patients who are currently ‘in-cycle’ or who require urgent stimulation and cryopreservation.
  • Suspend elective surgeries and non-urgent diagnostic procedures.
  • Minimize in-person interactions and increase utilization of telehealth.
Post # 234
3952 posts
Honey bee

Just got the call.  FET is cancelled and I need to call with my next period to see when they can get us back in. 

Post # 235
1267 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  Sorry to hear that. I hope having a clear answer for this cycle lessens your anxiety level a bit. Hope you are holding up OK. 

Post # 237
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m so sorry to everyone who is getting their treatments cancelled. I’m supposed to have my next IUI next week and I just know it will be postponed indefinitely. It is just so frustrating to feel like we finally have a chance at a baby and now things are completely out of our control. 

Post # 238
928 posts
Busy bee

Couldn’t help myself and tested today at 12dpiui…BFN.  UGH

I’ll call my clinic on CD1, which will probably be in 4-5 days. I’m assuming monitoring and an IUI for this cycle will be out of the question given this [email protected]^ing virus but I’m hoping they’ll at least let me take letrozole on my regular days and we can do an unmonitored letrozole cycle.  Obviously not ideal, but we can time things on our own and it’s better than nothing given the circumstances! If I don’t have letrozole I’ll be looking at a 70-ish day cycle. 

Post # 239
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  so sorry to hear this news. Hopefully this all dies down soon and you can have your transfer next month.

View original reply
anev :  sorry to hear your cycle was canceled as well but happy to hear your plans for a more aggressive protocol despite the cost. Wishing this all dies down soon…

I go in for bloodwork tmrw to check my progesterone.

then BW for a PT. And god willing this one worked.

my anxiety is crazy right now. I would have never anticipated this situation in a million years.

so sorry to hear that everyone on here is in limbo. Hopefully things get better soon and we can all move into the next phase with some positive results! So tired of the bad news. 

Post # 240
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
piscesinsc :  ya your comment was right on. Very frustrating. Sorry to hear this. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors