March 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ months)

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 241
3971 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
zstbee84   
View original reply
anev   
View original reply
Cheekie0077 :  Thanks ladies. It’s such a crappy position to be in, especially with all of the jokes floating around about quarantine babies being born in December. We’ve been at this for years and have to wait longer while anyone else can just pop one out in 9 months if they want to. It hurts. 

I don’t even know when to expect my period. I guess a couple weeks from now? But I doubt we’ll be picking back up for a while. I think the soonest I’d want to move forward would be August in preparation for a September FET at this point. Just to see if things calm down by this summer and hopefully there will be more research by then on the implications this virus can have for pregnant women and babies.

My department is officially working from home for the rest of the semester but I took today off because there’s no way I could focus today. I have to pick up my work computer and a few other things from my office but then I’m going to stock up on wine before they shut my favorite liquor store down too. I didn’t anticipate being able to drink for the rest of the year (wishful thinking) but now I will be imbibing, so cheers! It was a tad impulsive, but I bought myself a very nice early birthday present last night and can’t wait for that to arrive. I also have a reading list long enough to get me through the rest of the year so I think I’m ready for lockdown. If only we could take a peek at what things will be like a few months from now…

Post # 243
3971 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
anev :  I wonder if I’ll be okay since I was only on Estrace. I still got a period on lupron and I last took that Sunday night. I’ll call if I don’t get my period in a couple weeks. Thank you for that tip though! 

I bought myself a diamond station bracelet. The Tiffany version is obnoxiously priced but I found a great jeweler on Etsy that makes the same style and can’t wait to wear it around the house haha I got a white gold one. 

Post # 245
191 posts
Blushing bee

Update on my transfer: pregnancy test was negative. Feel disappointed and numb but not too awful. Slept for 12 hours in emotional exhaustion. Good luck to all you Bees. 

Post # 246
3971 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
anev :  Thank you, I just got the shipping notification! They do make custom pieces but this style and stone size was already listed and just what I was looking for ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I like the idea of chatting in this thread since I won’t be POAS for the foreseeable future. Glad you were able to squeeze that in before the chaos ensued! 

Post # 247
938 posts
Busy bee

I was hoping my RE would at least prescribe letrozole so I could do an unmonitored cycle but nope.  Without it my ovulation is totally unpredictable and happens anywhere between day 25 and day 50.  So things aren’t necessarily impossible, just trickier. I’m trying to look at this as a nice break from all the doctor’s visits and testing, but of course we are disappointed. 

Post # 248
3971 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
DogsAndWine :  That’s totally understandable. There’s no way for us to try naturally so I understand how you feel in that regard ๐Ÿ™ I had a session with my spiritual counselor (she’s a psychic/medium) today because I needed something to look forward to and she really helped me to feel a little better about this delay. Just like the earth, she said that my energy is so low and I need to take these next few months to focus on taking care of myself and being in a good place in preparation for our baby. She said that she senses August will be a big month for us, which is exciting because that’s when I’d like to pick back up with things and prep for a September FET. I don’t know if that helps, but I am totally emotionally drained and looking forward to getting back to a better place in time. 

Post # 250
1299 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - California

View original reply
anev :  On the 12-18 months point, I’ve been wondering the same. In a recording of a discussion on resolve.org, about how to cope with postponement of your IVF cycle, a RE from BostonIVF was saying that the delay will only be a month or two before they are able to resume operations. I thought that was wildly optimistic and just seemed like it couldn’t be correct, but then I thought maybe their clinic just isn’t in the same position as other clinics. Perhaps it’s going to be each clinic having to look at its resources, whether it is dependent on a hospital in order to do retrievals and transfers, whether its staff is healthy and able to come in to work, etc. Perhaps for some clinics, resuming in a month or two is realistic. I suspect that for my clinic, due to the dependency on a hospital and the government directive banning elective surgery, the wait is going to be much longer than that. All that being said, I have to believe that clinics and ASRM and other similar bodies are going to have to come up with a plan at some point about how to generally resume operations before there is a vaccine. It’s hard to imagine just suspending operations for 12-18 months, waiting for everyone to get vaccinated, and then resuming operations. It just seems like this and other things in life are going to have to get moving before that happens, but right now everything is so up in the air.  

Post # 252
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: City, State

Hey ladies, just wanted to update that I’ve backed out of my planned 4/1 FET.  I spent a few days feeling heart broken, back to feeling ok.  Thinking of you all, and praying for your health and happiness.

Post # 253
3971 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
summerlove23 :  Sending big hugs your way. I know that it was not an easy decision at all. 

zstbee84  and  anev :   I actually just got off the phone with our IVF Center and they are resuming all procedures starting mid April, which I think seems way too soon. They offered a 5/13 transfer date (with no guarantees regarding future cancellations), but we declined it. Between our governor and the surgeon general saying that this is going to get worse before it gets better, I can’t imagine going back on birth control, lupron, and estradiol all for it to be cancelled again, which is a real possibility. We are far from being out of the woods with this virus and I just can’t see things being much better so soon. We’d prefer to plan for August or September so we’ll call back in June to see when they can book us then. I really hope and pray that we’re in a better place by then. 

Post # 254
938 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  

View original reply
anev :  
View original reply
zstbee84 :  

My place told me to call with my April period and they’ll have another update then.  (I won’t get one till May but that’s beside the point). I’m at a major teaching hospital in a major US city.  All elective procedures are cancelled.  An orthopedic surgeon friend of mine told me it was so equipment can be used on covid cases rather than on, for instance, knee replacements or Lasik.  I suspect the situation in April won’t be much different than it is now.

Post # 255
3971 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
DogsAndWine :  My thoughts exactly. It seems very short sighted to try to pick back up so soon. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors