March 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ months)

posted 4 months ago in TTC
Post # 16
4170 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
anev :  I have to agree with the decision to do some testing again before your next transfer. I like the proactive approach. I would much rather know it ALL before the next one so that I could take care of anything I possibly can to make the chances greater for a sticky. Even if it sets you back a few months possibly I think it’s a better option. 

If you remember back to my dilemma thread, I was trying to decide to go with surgery first before the IUIs. I decided to go in that direction since it’s not as invasive and covered by insurance nd then if these don’t work I was going to go a similar route as you. Surgery for the cyst, endo, fibroid, complete clean slate so that before transfer I could have a best possible outcome or at least know I did it all so it could help. 

Post # 17
4170 posts
Honey bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 34/35

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: no idea, 20 something 

Current CD/DPO: 12

Usual cycle length: 26 days 

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): second IUI yesterday and today with injectibles, Follistim then trigger was 2 days ago

POAS/Beta day: March 4th 

Known fertility issues: endometriosis, low morphology and high WBC in sperm 

BFP plan: drinking POM juice, eating healthy, cut caffeine and no alcohol 

Trying anything new this month?: not really 

For fun – What is your hobby? Is reading a hobby? I’m like @ladyvictoria I’m obsessed with reading. About to start my next book “American Dirt” it’s a best seller I just bought on my nook. 

Post # 18
4170 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  good luck to you Bee! ๐Ÿ˜˜

Post # 19
4170 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
stellate23 :  welcome. So sorry you’re here. Infertility diagnosis is so shitty to hear and wrap Your mind around. I know it was hard for me too. I am onto my second IUI this month and I’m a Newbee at this even though we’ve been trying for awhile. I had an MC in Dec 2018 then it took me another 5 months to finally see an RE. If there’s any info I can give you or help you with I would be glad to. This is a great group on here who has been super helpful and welcoming to me. I know you will have the same experience. 

Post # 20
3970 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
Cheekie0077 :  Thank you! And yes, reading is definitely a hobby! 

Post # 21
940 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
anev :  Yeah, usually it’s around 6.  Though last month they measured it as 6.9 on day 12 and then 5.3 on day 14 sooooo not sure what’s up with that!

Post # 22
940 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  Reading is absolutely a hobby! It’s my favorite one ๐Ÿ™‚  Just started Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware. I’ve enjoyed all her other books so this one should be good too

Post # 23
3970 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
DogsAndWine :  That’s on my To Be Read list! I belong to a psychological thrillers group on Facebook and never run out of books to read thanks to the endless suggestions. I just finished Riley Sager’s The Last Time I Lied and just started The Drowned Girls by Loreth Ann White. I loved her book In The Dark. 

Post # 24
4170 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
DogsAndWine :  I’m struggling with a thin lining too. My first iui didn’t work and my lining was a 5.9 then just like yours with the letrozole. Then they put me on injectable Follistim hoping the lining would grow. They checked me on day 5 of the meds and it was at a 5.9 again, they had me take one more day of the follistim since it went from a 4.3 to a 5.9 but then there was hope it would grow more on that last day. They didn’t check it though we just went straight to the iui after trigger because I had two mature follicles. I’m just hoping it grew some more. So frustrating I know how you feel. 

Post # 25
515 posts
Busy bee

Hi ladies, I saw stellate roll called here and she put into words how I have been feeling recently. I am in kind of an awkward place right now where I haven’t been trying for as long as most people with infertility, but as a couple we have two diagnoses that are being worked up by my RE. If I am jumping the gun too soon by posting here please let me know, I am just not sure where I fit into anymore and could use the support of other women who are undergoing fertility treatments.

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 29/31

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 4 cycles in 6 months

Current CD/DPO: CD 65

Usual cycle length: Varies, it has been anywhere between 29 days to 77 days. right now in a really long cycle that has no signs of ending anytime soon! I have gotten multiple peak LH readings to no avail along with a bunch of fluke patches of EWCM!

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): Unsure, it depends on if I ovulate before I receive my genetic testing results in March, or if I will need to wait until then to start a treatment cycle

POAS/Beta day: unsure

Known fertility issues: I have PCOS with subclinical hypothyroidism, my husband has a sperm morphology of 0%

BFP plan: The plan is to do monitored cycles with letrozole and a trigger shot in March. I have the option of doing natural cycles or jumping straight to IUI with sperm wash. Still undecided at this time.

Trying anything new this month?: In March we will hopefully be starting treatments! My office requires genetic counseling, so will be doing that March 9th and ideally an ultrasound/labs March 12 with starting letrozole the same day. In the meantime I will be eating clean and working out, continuing supplements and starting myoinositol/dchiro, my hubby is taking vitamins, and see if I ovulate before March 12. I just did my HSG test today and we are waiting for my hubby’s second SA to come back that he also did today.

For fun – What is your hobby? I love to read, hang out with my pup and my kitty, and last year I got into gardening! Can’t wait for the spring to get back into it!

Post # 28
515 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
anev :  Thanks for welcoming me!! I’m glad I’ve found a new safe place to give and receive support throughout this journey! I had been thinking about roll calling for a while and being in the thick of fertility testing it seems like a good place to be. I look forward to cheering you guys on. I have a few more weeks to go before everything is in as far as testing, so no BFP for me for a while unless I miraculously ovulate!! 

It’s part of the ovasitol supplement I got! I think it’s another type of inositol, supposed to be good for people with PCOS and helps with insulin resistance. I’m on a little dose of synthroid, and my doctor definitely made it sound like letrozole is the way to go so I’m really hoping it works!

By the way I’m sorry to hear around your FET, I really hope you get some insight with all the testing you’re getting done soon. 

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  I’m going to have to save all these book suggestions!! Glad to see there are lots of readers in this group ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Post # 29
494 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

anev :  Interesting; no idea why my clinic’s ref values are stuck in 1999! It will be good to be prepared for a big drop in post-wash values.. it seems like IUI success (while always pretty low) works as well as it can with 9+ mil motile sperm after wash, and then declines steadily below that. DH is generally healthy and active. He has been taking a very basic vitamin + folate for a while, but last month I got him on a better multi (still with methyl-folate, but plus zinc, CoQ10, and lots of antioxidants).

anev :  I hope the diagnostics give you some good piece of mind, or at least can lead to some useful intervention before your next FET.  Do you have a history of endometriosis, or is the hysteroscopy just a standard check?

View original reply
Cheekie0077 :  Sendings lots of luck for your IUI(s)!  I hope that extra dose of the follistim helped get everything good to go. And I have sooo many questions. I’m curious if your clinic generally maintains the same protocol for subsequent IUIs, or if they switch anything up?  I’ve also been reading up on different sperm washing techniques (direct swim-up vs density gradient centrifugation), and trying to weigh whether I should push for one or the other.  Do you know which your clinic used, and did it end up yielding a good number of normal morph sperm?

View original reply
sunsetsnmargaritas :  It’s great that you’re able to get started with all of that testing!  If your cycle keeps dragging on, would they try a round of progesterone to reset things?

AFM, I’m totally stressing with the wait until Monday to find out whether we’re on the IUI or IVF track, based on my AMH results.  I feel really good about trying a few IUIs, but the thought of jumping straight into all of the procedures and drugs with IVF is much more daunting.  You ladies are so so brave and such an inspiration; I really appreciate you sharing your journeys!!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors