March 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ months)

posted 4 months ago in TTC
Post # 31
494 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

View original reply
anev :  Ah, that makes sense. It’s great that you’re getting all of your bases covered, and it does seem reassuring that your HSG looked good. My RE mentioned wanting to do a laproscopy if I’m unsuccessful with 3 IUIs, simply on the basis of my having had a D&E.. at this point, such an intense procedure feels really premature, but who knows. I hope all of these tests/procedures go smoothly for you and that things get easier for you soon!

Post # 32
3970 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
sunsetsnmargaritas :  I am glad too! Feel free to post some suggestions 🙂 

Post # 34
494 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
anev :  Interesting; I hadn’t even considered the possibility of silent endo! You’ve just helped me feel 10x better about having to undergo the lap, if it ends up happening. Thank you.

Post # 35
940 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
anev :  the tech is the one who measured 6.9. A doctor measured 5.3. I actually trust the tech more- she does it all day every day! And of course the doctor gave no explanation for the discrepancy. 

Post # 36
2684 posts
Sugar bee

Thanks for keeping up on this support system for all of us going through the trenches. I fell off the boards for a few months during the holidays and just never got back on. Still working on losing the last bit of weight before egg retrieval (BMI has to be in a certain range for egg retrieval cuz they’re not connected to a hospital and if something should go wrong they don’t want that…risk is higher with a higher BMI). It sucks but it’s okay. I needed to lose the weight anyways. Im working on getting back into exercise I used to enjoy. We will be picking the donor sperm within the next month or so….and hopefully lose the last of the weight needed before the end of March/beginning of April cycle starts.

That being said, I won’t be roll calling this month again but I will certainly be rooting you all on. Ask whatever questions and we will be here for you. It’s nice to have people who “get it”. 

Post # 37
2684 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
stellate23 :  welcome “home” – and sorry you’re stuck here with us. Infertility is such a sucky diagnosis, and waiting on test results seems like it takes forever. Hoping they find some answers and easy-ish fixes to help you become pregnant. I forgot to look, but are you on any supplements yet that can help egg quality? 

My husband and I are PCOS, bicornuate uterus and non-obstructive azoospermia (aka no sperm). We had been trying since December 2017 after we got back from our honeymoon….suspected some issues and had my normal OBGYN run some hormone levels and he recommended an RE after a few cycles (and blamed it all on me being a bit chunky). Went to our first RE appt 9/2018 and found out about the PCOS which I was suspecting. Mis-shaped uterus also. And then got the no sperm diagnosis. It was rough. But we made it through. We did 6 IUIs with donor sperm that were unsuccessful. In November 2019 we found out my employer was getting a new program add-on to insurance that would significantly help pay for IVF. Yay!!!!! Now I just have to lose the last bit of weight, and have already lost 35+lbs in the process. 

Post # 38
494 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
NicLE1218 :  Thanks for the warm welcome!  It sounds like you’ve been through the ringer with all of those IUIs and diagnoses. I hope that things get easier from here, and that you get to start your IVF soon.  For egg quality, I’ve been taking CoQ10, and my prenatal contains myo-inositol. I’ve also been taking D3, Omega-3, NAC, and garlic… like my own little at-home pharmacy, haha. I do hope they find some answers and easy-ish fixes, too.  I’ll find out more tomorrow!

Post # 40
2684 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
stellate23 :  through the ringer sounds like an understatement some days. We have come a long way, and I’m okay with that. Thankfully our marriage has grown so so much stronger through it all instead of falling apart. I feel like I have a pharmacy going too! It’s insane how a “few supplements” starts growing into more upon research. Haha. I take ubiquinol (a form of CoQ10 that is better absorbed and used by the body), vitamin e, zinc, folate, a prenatal that contains myo inositol, r-lipoic acid (when I remember), vitamin d (when I remember), vitamin C, oh gosh what else? I don’t take as much as I used to because I got sick of em all when it wasn’t working to get us pregnant, and kept taking the important ones. Keep us updated on your appointment details!! 

View original reply
anev :  I wish more people would be allowed help with coverage. This was such a blessing. I didn’t know how we were going to be able to pay for all this in the event that it didn’t work the first couple times. We tried two with the IUIs and I think we may pick one of those, but we will be researching donors again probably next weekend. It was nice to kind of step back a little bit and not have to think intensely all the time about infertility stuff. 

Post # 41
1016 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
anev :  I’m literally just popping in here to shake my fist at the universe for having you still be in the position. Super hoping you can kick 2021 off with the first babe 😘

Post # 42
590 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Hey Bee’s, Im back as well. Not sure what we are doing this cycle as AF came 4 days early which means I wont be seeing my RE in time to get a script to do another round of letrozole. This means this cycle will be natural and it scares me becasue I dont typically ovulate by myself and it could take so long to get back on track. So frustrated.

Your age/partner’s age: 27/27

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 17

Current CD/DPO: CD3

Usual cycle length: 32 (aprx.)

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): March 7th

POAS/Beta day: March 25th

Known fertility issues: PCOS with annovulation & low motility

BFP plan:hope for the best

Trying anything new this month?: Waiting to speak with the RE on Tuesday for next steps

For fun – What is your hobby?: Knitting- because I am an old lady and love it.

Post # 43
494 posts
Helper bee

So this morning I had an appointment with my RE.. my AMH, hormone, thyroid, etc bloodwork all look good, so we’re going ahead with our first IUI!  My u/s today (morning CD10) showed a ‘good sized’ follicle (18 mm) and tri-laminar lining (8.5 mm), so I’m triggering with HCG (5000IU) tonight, and will do the IUI 36 hours after (morning CD12).  I am second guessing the doctor on the timing of everything, as I feel we should wait until Follie gets a bit bigger…. but at least for this first IUI I’ll TRY to trust his expertise. I’m finding it so hard to give up control in this process, and to find the right balance between advocating for myself and trusting the experts.  I could use some good energy to stay positive throughout this first treatment cycle!

Post # 44
3970 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
NicLE1218 :  Just wanted to say hi and send hugs! We finally moved forward with DS as well. We jumped straight to IVF over IUI for the higher success rates and I hope that it will be more successful for you too! I feel the same way about this whole process really testing our marriage. At our lowest point, I felt like the odd of us making it through were 50/50, but thankfully we made it out stronger than ever. Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! 

AFM, I really enjoyed my time off from being poked. My lupron injections start up tomorrow and this is my final week of birth control. I haven’t had as many night sweats or been as moody as I was when I was on the pill leading up to our stims cycle, thankfully. I just ordered the rest of my meds (Estrace and PIO) and saw that they didn’t include the prescription for the Synera patches. It looks like my insurance will only cover 2 patches per month, which really isn’t much even with my protocol calling for PIO every 3 days. If they work as well as people say then I will pay if the cost unless it’s exorbitant. I left a message for the nurses to ask for comparable options that might be covered or more cost effective. I really want to try to do my own PIO injections but I definitely need to have something to numb me up! Probably more for my peace of mind than anything since I’m more nervous that it’s IM. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors