March 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ months)

posted 4 months ago in TTC
Post # 46
4169 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
stellate23 :  good luck to you on your IUI! That all sounds promising. I had two follicles one was 15 and the other 17 and change and they thought they were mature enough to trigger and everything I read online says anywhere from 13-19 is ideal so I guess that’s not a bad number! Wishing you all the best. I’m on my second so if you ever want to chat or ask questions I’m here to help! 

View original reply
NicLE1218 :  Welcome back this month. Good luck moving forward with IVF! 

View original reply
mrsnitti17 :  good luck with your appt Bee. 

Post # 48
3970 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
anev :  I fully acknowledge that I’m being a big baby about this. It’s just those long needles and the thought of them going through the muscle really get to me. Starting lupron tomorrow doesn’t phase me, but it took me about a week of them to get to that point leading up to stims. 

Post # 49
3970 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
anev :  Just saw your update, btw. I’m glad to hear that it went well and that you’re feeling optimistic. Emotional roller coaster is such an understatement for this process. Very interesting suggestions around the morning exercise and the study! I wonder what they could learn from the biopsy. 

Post # 51
4169 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
anev :  wow this is a great update! He provided you with some great information and it definitely seems promising! Hoping for the best for you. 

Post # 52
494 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - City, State

anev :  The endometrial biopsy and possible intervention sound really intriguing! It’s great to hear that your second opinion brought some new options to the table. I hope those blood tests go smoothly for you, in the meantime.  Also, thank you for the reassurance on the follicle size.

Cheekie0077 :  Thank you! I’ve only been able to find a few papers on follicle size for IUI, and they are so mixed, and then seem to have different recommendations for unmedicated vs medicated cycles.. ugh!  How are you feeling about your second round of IUI?  FX for you..

Post # 54
3970 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
anev :  It’s really fascinating how complex our bodies are and how much we actually know about them on a cellular level. It sounds like you’re in good hands and I hope that they’ll find an effective way forward for you!

Post # 55
940 posts
Busy bee

So I have the option for IUI this round. I’ve had four cycles on Letrozole and timed intercourse. The plan was 3-6 cycles and then move on to IUI. I’m kind of conflicted. I know IUI success rates aren’t great, but it’s not very invasive and it’s covered by insurance so I’m kind of thinking…why not? We have a slightlyyyyy low forward-moving rate (I forget the term for that) but other than that, no real reason why IUI would be needed. Thoughts? I have a week to decide basically, since I’m on day 5 and I’ll be taking letrozole and going in for my day 12 ultrasound regardless. 

Post # 57
590 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
anev :  Cheekie0077 :  Thanks 🙂

I saw my RE today and as I suspected, he would like us to move on to IUI. However, he has agreed to put me on 2 more rounds of letrozole. We have our follow up in May if these 2 rounds fail, which he says is very likely. He gave me the basics of what to expect with IUI, and a list of the medication he would have me take so that I can do my own research which I really appreciate. I am starting the letrozole late today on CD5 but at least its not a wash! I dont know how you IVF bee’s do it, it all seems so daunting when I saw the shots and the medication costs. I am happy I have the next 2 months to process it all and become mentally prepared. DH and I booked our holidays so that we will be seeing him the week after we get back, so theres my silver lining I suppose!

Post # 58
590 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
DogsAndWine :  I feel like we are living the same life here, same cycle day and all. How intensive of medication would they be putting you on for the IUI? Mine seemed like a lot because he wants to go “full force”. We decided to take the extra 2 months to mentally prepare but are going forward with it in May if our luck doesnt change. Good luck in whatever you decide!

Post # 59
590 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
anev :  I am really glad to hear you finally got your second opinion and has left you with some optimism! You still have a third opinion coming up right?

Post # 60
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Hi everyone,

I’ve read these boards on and off since wedding planning several years ago but have never posted. My husband and I started TTC in July of 2018. After a year of no success, we started fertlity testing where my husband’s semen analysis came back showing no sperm. After some bloodwork, we found out he’s sterile due to a genetic mutation. We took a few months off and decided to try conceiving with donor sperm. We had our first IUI last month and it didn’t work. We just did another round of IUI so we’ll see if our luck is better this month. 

Your age/partner’s age: 36/39

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 14

Current CD/DPO: 12 

Usual cycle length: 28-30

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): IUI (insemination on 2/25)

POAS/Beta day: March 10

Known fertility issues: Male factor

BFP plan: They doubled my femara this month and we triggered and inseminated a day earlier to see if that works

Trying anything new this month?: I’m trying to stay stress free, work out (yoga and running) 4 days a week, and eat healthier

For fun – What is your hobby? I love reading and hiking

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors