- 3 months ago
- Wedding: October 2016
So I had a second opinion today. It went well and he seemed very optimistic for us since my lining did get up to 7.3 and we did have a transfer. He highly recommended intermittent fasting and 20+ minutes of moderate intensity cardio in the morning (every morning, ugh). Ironically when I did get thick enough to transfer I was exercising daily.
He also mentioned a research study he is doing on endometrial biopsy, which he would definitely take me on for if I can’t get my lining thick enough to transfer. My current clinic could take the biopsy and send it to the other clinic (if needed).
so tomorrow I have a pile of blood tests including genetic, clotting and immune profiles. I should also get the date of my hysteroscopy as well. I’m feeling slightly optimistic now, but this is a bit of a rollercoaster though
anev : The endometrial biopsy and possible intervention sound really intriguing! It’s great to hear that your second opinion brought some new options to the table. I hope those blood tests go smoothly for you, in the meantime. Also, thank you for the reassurance on the follicle size.
Cheekie0077 : Thank you! I’ve only been able to find a few papers on follicle size for IUI, and they are so mixed, and then seem to have different recommendations for unmedicated vs medicated cycles.. ugh! How are you feeling about your second round of IUI? FX for you..
I had my blood tests this am, I lost track of how many tubes they drew after 15! Unfortunately it is going to take 6-8 weeks for it all to come back 😬😬. They are behind in colposcopy (where hysteroscopy department is) and shutting down for March break, so if I don’t get in on March 9th, my scope will have to wait until the next cycle. The endometrial biopsy for endometritis will take 3-5 weeks. I’m sort of banking on getting in on March 9th so we don’t have to sit out 3 cycles instead of two.
So I have the option for IUI this round. I’ve had four cycles on Letrozole and timed intercourse. The plan was 3-6 cycles and then move on to IUI. I’m kind of conflicted. I know IUI success rates aren’t great, but it’s not very invasive and it’s covered by insurance so I’m kind of thinking…why not? We have a slightlyyyyy low forward-moving rate (I forget the term for that) but other than that, no real reason why IUI would be needed. Thoughts? I have a week to decide basically, since I’m on day 5 and I’ll be taking letrozole and going in for my day 12 ultrasound regardless.
I saw my RE today and as I suspected, he would like us to move on to IUI. However, he has agreed to put me on 2 more rounds of letrozole. We have our follow up in May if these 2 rounds fail, which he says is very likely. He gave me the basics of what to expect with IUI, and a list of the medication he would have me take so that I can do my own research which I really appreciate. I am starting the letrozole late today on CD5 but at least its not a wash! I dont know how you IVF bee’s do it, it all seems so daunting when I saw the shots and the medication costs. I am happy I have the next 2 months to process it all and become mentally prepared. DH and I booked our holidays so that we will be seeing him the week after we get back, so theres my silver lining I suppose!
I’ve read these boards on and off since wedding planning several years ago but have never posted. My husband and I started TTC in July of 2018. After a year of no success, we started fertlity testing where my husband’s semen analysis came back showing no sperm. After some bloodwork, we found out he’s sterile due to a genetic mutation. We took a few months off and decided to try conceiving with donor sperm. We had our first IUI last month and it didn’t work. We just did another round of IUI so we’ll see if our luck is better this month.
Your age/partner’s age: 36/39
Baby #: 1
Cycles TTC: 14
Current CD/DPO: 12
Usual cycle length: 28-30
Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): IUI (insemination on 2/25)
POAS/Beta day: March 10
Known fertility issues: Male factor
BFP plan: They doubled my femara this month and we triggered and inseminated a day earlier to see if that works
Trying anything new this month?: I’m trying to stay stress free, work out (yoga and running) 4 days a week, and eat healthier
For fun – What is your hobby? I love reading and hiking