Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

What have you done so far?

Have you made any lists? I can share mine if you want πŸ™‚

Post # 4
541 posts
Busy bee

I’ve booked all of my vendors. I’m about to book a photobooth. I’m also about to start my Save-The-Date Cards and hope to send them out within the next week or so. I ordered bridesmaid dresses last night. I need to get my family friend ordained but that is not urgent. I feel like there is still a lot to do!

@miss ocean state: What do you need help with? What have you done so far?

Post # 7
541 posts
Busy bee

@miss ocean state: I’ve already booked my hair and makeup but only because I knew it would be difficult to find someone I liked. I had also heard from other brides that the few good hair/makeup people in this area book up really fast. But according to most wedding planning checklists, they don’t tell you to book hair and makeup til 3 months before the wedding. I would start browsing now and looking for styles you like.

For invitations, I’m making my own. But if you wanna do Save-The-Date Cards, order them now. Invitations should be sent out around the 2-3 month mark so you can look into a few places now (or soon) and ask how long it will take.

I know what you mean in terms of still having a lot of time, but having so much to do! I get overwhelmed with so many random things that pop into my head. I use wedding wire’s checklist to help me organize. I have payments listed, my budget, and it tells you what to do each month. You can also change it to suit you needs. Hope this helps! And don’t worry, one step at a time πŸ™‚

Post # 8
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

here is my DIY list. I have added a couple more things since, but this should get you started.

DIY List – Post Yours for inspiration for others πŸ™‚

Here is a list of the types of vendors you might need:

• Ceremony Venue
  • Reception Venue
  • Officiant/Priest/Pastor/etc.
  • Caterer
  • Floral for ceremony and reception
  • Photography
  • DJ/Band/iPod for ceremony and reception
  • Linens
  • Hair
  • Makeup
  • Nails
  • Gown/Veil/Shoes/Jewelry
  • Tuxes
  • Cake
  • Wedding planner/DOC

Just start with one and move on to the next. You will do fine and if you have questions, the bees are awesome. And remember google is your best friend:-)

Post # 10
36 posts
Newbee

I’m March 26th too.   I just booked my photographer yesterday but still have so much to do.

I started looking into hair and makeup because my best friend who is getting married in 2 weeks told me that once she went for her hair trial she hated the stylist, and had to do 2 more trials with new people before finding one she liked.

I totally feel your pain with being overwelmed…all I have is the church, reception, my dress, and now a photographer.  My mom asked me today if I thought about what music I want for the ceremony…I was like “are you kidding me?”  all those little details make my head spin.

Good luck to you!

Post # 11
11 posts
Newbee

I ahve the same wedding date. I have the ceremony, reception, florist, dress, bridesmaid dresses, Save the dates sent, guest list on it’s way to being finalized. Flowers for reception, flowergirl basket and petals. Next month is tuxes and DJ and Nov. is gift registry. Am i missing anything?

Post # 12
6 posts
Newbee

I’m March 26th too! I have used the schedule on theknot.com as a template for me to stay on top of things.  I have the ceremony and reception locations booked, the caterer, the DJ, I have my dress bought and the bridesmaid dresses ordered.  The save the dates should be here Saturday and those will be sent out ASAP. If you are having a hard time with figuring out what to do, I highly recommend the schedule on theknot.com. πŸ™‚

The topic ‘March 26, 2011 brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors