- 10 years ago
- Wedding: March 2010
Engaged on December 10.
Engagement party for 80 people on January 2.
Ceremony (Ketib Iktab) for 40 people on March 22.
Reception for 500 people (what happened to 350?!) on March 26.
I cannot wait until this is over. Our to-do list:
- Rig the bustle for my dress (on my own – no tailor here understands an “underbustle” – send me little sewing fairies please).
- Finalize makeup (I don’t like his foundation or lipstick)
- Finalize centerpieces and flowers quote (yes, still changing)
- Submit “must play” and event music (first dance, cake, bouquet, exit)
- DIY favors (place picture frames and silver almonds in bags)
- Do the seating plan, DIY the seating charts, hire ushers
- Buy shoes for the ceremony (it’s hard to find pretty non-flip flop looking flate white/gold sandals)
- Book mani/pedi/hair for the ceremony
- Book mani/pedi for the reception
- Deliver bride/groom pics to planner for slideshow
- Buy props for the photobooth
- Table setting rehearsal with reception site
- Choose a cake design
- Meet with the procession (zaffeh) group to discuss the “parade” when we enter
- Book 3 day mini-moon after the wedding
- BOOK THE DAMN HONEYMOON FOR MAY.
- Furnish the apartment (need appliances, a bed and a couch at a minimum)
- Arrange for moving of our stuff into new apartment
- Lose 5lbs off my arms
Is it no wonder that I have “Don’t Stop Believin'” stuck in my head? Just keep swimming, just keep swimming…