(Closed) Marley & Me

posted 8 years ago in Pets
Post # 3
3332 posts
Sugar bee

I loved this movie.  We have cats not dogs, but the movie was SO touching to anyone who has ever loved an animal.  It seriously wrecked me–I couldn’t stop crying.

Post # 4
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I refuse to see it because I had sad pet movies. I can’t even watch the commercials with the sad shelter dogs.

Post # 5
1336 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I loved this movie, and our family dog is heading that way (he’s really old and am trying to prepare myself for when he has to go) so it really hit close to heart.  A dog really is wo/man’s best friend!

Post # 6
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I loved the movie, but I cried so hard at the end!  I hate to think of the day when our baby, Jax, gets old.  🙁  I don’t think I will be able to stand it.

Post # 7
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

We cried hard when we watched it…losing a pet is one of the hardest things to deal with I think because of the unconditional love that they provide.

We also laughed hysterically because we have our own “marley” named Franklin…we think Franklin took notes on Marley’s shenanigans when we watched because he was a little destructive in the days that followed.

Post # 8
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We have a 13 year old siberian husky (along with two other younger huskies) that I went and just hugged for a long time after watching Marley and Me.

The last third of the movie I was just crying giant uncontrollable sobs…I don’t know if the Mr will ever watch it.

Post # 9
3098 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Loved it. It was a great adaptation of the book, which is really rare.

Post # 10
1288 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Indiana Memorial Union

We saw it at the theater and seriously, the whole room was sobbing. Not just a few tears, runny noses got involved..oh man. I won’t watch it again, but it was good.

Post # 11
2719 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

We saw it in the theater & it was hard, because the whole time you know how the movie will end. Fi had put his dog down a year before we saw it & having to go through that & another death of a pet years before, it’s so sad b/c you know how it feels. Even better, the dog we adopted WAS Marley! She was the world’s worst dog to us, so then thinking about the fact that we’ll have to put her down someday! We were balling!

Post # 12
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I listened to the book on tape last december on my way home from oregon to nebraska.  I had to pull over several times because I couldn’t see through the tears!!  I had my old dog with me and I know it is only a matter of time till he will no longer be with me, so I treasure every minute!!

Then since we didn’t have family or friends to spend christmas with last year we went to see marlee and me christmas day in the theatre.  It is a very very sad movie, but a great movie none the less:)  So my life with my dogs!:) 

The topic ‘Marley & Me’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors