(Closed) Marriage License?

posted 7 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
3176 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

It’s usually the state (county) where you get married, at least it was for me

Post # 5
1427 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

For California, a public marriage license was valid to get used anywhere in the state. A confidential marriage license was only valid for the county the ceremony was being performed in. I’d suggest googling the “clerk recorder” for the county your ceremony is being performed in to get specific details. My friend was married in Vegas and she had to get hre license in Vegas…

Post # 6
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

You need to call the county you are getting married in. Some areas require time between you applying and the marriage. I would call as soon as you can.

Post # 8
18637 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I agree with the previous posters, that you should talk to the courthouse in the county and state where you are getting married.  I don’t think states take licenses from other states.

Post # 9
1572 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Typically you get it in the state that you’re getting married in. However, in Ohio (if you live here) you must get it in the county that you live in if you get married in Ohio. So even if my partner and I got married at the other end of the state, we’d have to get the license from our own county. If we get married out of state, we get it there. If you’re travelling to get married, make sure that the waiting period (if there is one!) is enough time before your wedding.

The topic ‘Marriage License?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors