(Closed) Marriage License

posted 9 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
403 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

You usually have to get the licensein the state where you are getting married.  We live in New York and we are getting married in Florida.  We have to get our license from Florida.

Post # 4
1043 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Michigan works the same way. You have to get your license here if you want to be married here.

The only way to be sure would be to check with the state’s marriage laws (where you are having the ceremony). Each state has different marriage laws. They should have them available on your state’s website. Make sure you check into that state’s requirements too! They may require testing, counselling, additional documents that your state does not.

Post # 5
4812 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

No. The location you get married is governed by that jurisdiction’s marriage laws. The person marrying tou must do it under that state’s authority. You need to get your license in Tennessee if that is where you want to get married. 

The topic ‘Marriage License’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors