(Closed) Marriage License

posted 6 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
3368 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

You get the marriage license in the county that you are getting married in. So you will need to get it from Pittsburgh. How far in advance you can/should get one depends on the area. For us, the marriage license is valid for 60 days, but out there it may be different. If you contact your wedding venue they’ll be able to help you figure out who to email or call. 🙂

Post # 4
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

As far as I know, a state will recognize a marriage from another state.  I don’t know how those two states are, but start by googling “marriage license [state]”.  In Texas it’s any county is good for anywhere in the state (we got our license in the county we live in, through the ceremony was several counties away), but years ago (so my parents tell me) it had to be in the county of the actual ceremony.  County Clerk websites are very helpful for this and they typically outline the waiting period (if there is one), the cost, and any other requirements

Post # 5
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@PacificMrs:  Is correct. You have to get the license in the county you are getting married. I think ours was only valid for 30 days but may have been 60.

The topic ‘Marriage License’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors