Post # 1
I was just reading up on the whole getting the marriage license since I think we’re going to do that this week. I read that you just need to fill out a form and show an id. However, I was wondering what type of information the form requires since I can’t seem to find a copy of it online. I want to make sure I’m prepared! Thanks!
Post # 3
Sent from my Android
I have no idea! Ill be interested in hearing from bees on this one!
Post # 5
I just got mine in Will county.
We both needed non-expired passports and our drivers license. It took about 15 minutes is all!
(if you dont have passports, you can use certified copies of your birth certificates)
Post # 6
Sent from my Android
how long in advance should you get your liscense?
Post # 7
@MrsStrawberry24: they are good for 60 days in the state of Illinois.
There is like a 2-3 day waiting period after you get before it is valid though…so I went 55 days in advance! (I am over-eager though)
Post # 8
Here’s a helpful link with all the info!
Post # 9
Per the Cook County website, this is what you need:
Couples must appear together at one of the Cook County Clerk’s six locations. They must:
- Fill out and sign a marriage license application.
- Present valid identification with proof of age.
- The marriage license fee is $60.
And the listing of valid identification:
Special ID requirements for marriage and civil union licenses
One form of ID if submitting one of the following:
- State drivers license
- State identification
- U.S. passport
- U.S. Armed Forces identification card
– OR –
Any combination of two of these forms of ID:
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate (English translations required for foreign certificates)
- U.S. naturalization certificate
- U.S. resident alien card
- Life insurance policy (at least 1 year old)
- Foreign passport
- Baptismal record (date of birth must appear)
- Consulate identification card (matricula)
The license is good for 60 days.
Post # 10
Oh I’m getting married in the Chicago area too…thanks for posting this thread and for all the info!