(Closed) Married Bees: Best part & What would you do differently?

posted 9 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2008

1. It’s hard to pick, either the moment when I first saw my groom and his reaction to seeing me, or when we exchanged vows.

2. Relaxed a little in the days leading up to the wedding. I was too stressed out and focused on what I had to do. I wish I had just relaxed and enjoyed my family’s company instead of focusing on what I had to get done. Everything worked out, it always does.

Post # 4
359 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

1. My favorite part was hands down the dancing. Everyone last loose and it was just so much fun having so many of your closest family and friends, of all generations, dancing like maniacs!

2. I would probably would have taken my time choosing my dress. I was very stressed about the budget and settled for a lovely dress at a lower price point, when in reality, I had already found "the dress" that gave me butterflies, but it was more than what we had budgeted. At the end of the day, we could have afforded it and I would have felt more comfortable, but I need to get over the fact that it is just one dress. (still haven’t but working on it!)

Post # 6
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

1.  best–OK, besides all the spiritual stuff of course, I loved my dress and bouquet (too bad I wasn’t prepared to preserve it, but I guess I’ll always have the pics)

2.  the worst part for me was the rehearsal…his family either didn’t show or were late, and my nerves were SHOT, since then we were all late to the rehearsal dinner…I told them to get there 15 mins early, but I guess I should’ve made it 30 mins, since they were 30 mins late from my time and 15 mins late to when we were supposed to rehearse…also, the pastor had us say almost all our vows, and I think that took some of the emotion out of the actual wedding day

2nd worst was that the cake stuff was disorganized…partially the staff’s fault & partially his family’s…I was really upset with them after the wedding, but I guess it wasn’t the end of the world!  It’s just hard when I do way more work for the wedding (despite having a crazy schedule with work/masters) then they mess up the little I’ve asked them to handle…  🙁

Post # 7
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2007

The best part was at the end of the night when we finally put my parents in their car and sent them home. I finally felt as if I could relax and let loose with my new husband and all of my friends.

The one thing I would change would probably be the way I handled my mother. I let her walk all over me and let my wedding be exactly what she wanted it to be for the most part. I should’ve spoke up more and put my foot down, but I just didn’t care as much.

Post # 8
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

1.  My favourite part was walking back down the aisle after we were officially married.  Everyone was beaming and laughing as they threw flower petals at us.

2.  I would have kept shopping until I found the perfect dress regardless of budget, rather than settling for the one I ended up with (since it was cheaper and I was tired of looking).

Post # 9
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

1. It’s hard to pick a favorite. I enjoyed the whole day, from the morning primping all the way to the last laughs that we shared with all of our guests! Maybe taking pictures with the bridal party and feeling like "America’s next top model?"

2. Have the photographer come earlier so that we could have had time to take a breather before the ceremony!

Post # 10
461 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

my favorite moment was seeing my groom for the first time.

if i could do it again i would put my foot down about the reception start time. they weren’t ready on time and it rushed everything a little because it started late. 

Post # 11
1230 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

(1) My favorite part of my entire day was the "reveal" when Mr. K and I got to see eachother for the first time.  Our pictures from that moment are amazing and we got to spend some really special quality alone time at that point.  We didn’t get married until 5:30 pm, so by the time we saw each other (we did pictures before the ceremony) it was about 2:30 and I had been looking forward to that moment all day!  I immediately felt calmer and happier just being with him 🙂

(2) What I would have done differently: I had a DOC.  I loved her – in general, she did a fantastic job and really allowed me to enjoy my day.  However, I never discussed with her how late in the evening she would stay.  Well she came up to me around 10:30 pm and asked me if it was all right if she left.  At the time, I thought "Sure.  All the important events are over (dinner, cake, dances)."  But later I ran into a problem with the CLub’s bartenders closing the bar, not calling last call and I got separated from my new hubby due to miscommunications with our photog.  All of these things I had to run around and take care of instead of enjoying the end of my reception when I should have been most relaxed.  SO – to sum it up, I would have made sure someone was in charge of the event until the VERY END.

The topic ‘Married Bees: Best part & What would you do differently?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors