(Closed) Married Bees – did you & your hubby/wife give each other wedding gifts?

posted 10 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 17
1288 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Indiana Memorial Union

No, I wish we wrote notes to each other, but we were SO busy in the days leading up that it just didn’t happen.

Post # 18
211 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I got him a Valentine’s Day/Wedding gift since our wedding was 2 weeks after Valentine’s Day.

He got a set of pilsner beer glasses made from recycled windshields (he’s a car guy)

I got the dress that was a bit more than I planned on spending.

Post # 19
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2010

We each got each other a classic gift and a fun gift. A few days before the wedding he snuck my wedding ring out of the box and had our wedding date engraved in it. He also got me a leg massager from Brookstone, I’ve always thought they were cool but would never spend the money to buy one. He wanted me to have a fun way to relax after all the planning.

A couple weeks before the wedding he was talking about how he used to admire his grandpa’s pocket watch when he was little. I got him a fancy pocket watch and had it engraved. He loved it and we used it in some super cute pictures on the wedding day. I also had a surpise groom’s cake made for him that looked like his favorite car.  

Post # 20
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Not married yet but I was planning on getting my FH a brand new surf board as a wedding present. Not at the actual wedding but something to be waiting for him at home when we get back from the honeymoon. He’s never ever had a brand new store bought surf board in his life (he’s only ever bought them second hand or has made them himself) and I can tell he gets a little twinkle in his eye when his friends tell him he should get himself one and that they feel awesome to ride. I asked him why he just doesn’t go buy one cause it looks like he’d really like to have one but he says he’d love to but that they are too expensive– something like a thousand dollars for a real nice one. I think this would be a great present for a wedding gift for him cause it will show to him he is still free to do what he loves in life even though we are married and that I support him fully. As for the money… I always felt uncomfortable with the fact that he got me such an expensive ring for our engagement so I figured if I got him this it would be my present to him and I consider the ring he gave me as my present from him. Also, we have a very small wedding budget and are trying not to spend too much on the wedding so I think this will most likely work out ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 21
768 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

we gave each other gifts as it was always a part of our budget. It was the biggest day of our lives, so we wanted to record it! I got him a flip video camera and he got me a new digital camera that I’ve been lusting over for years.

It was hilarious that we both ended up getting each other the same sort of gift, but each perfectly us!

Post # 22
5976 posts
Bee Keeper

We also say the honeymoon was our gift to each other! BEST. GIFT. EVER!

Post # 23
409 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

We gave eachother cute gifts! We got married in the mountains at a historic site and I got him two framed photo’s of the place where a hotel stood 100’s of ago. He LOVED it. He got me a wedding memory book and filled it with pics when we were dating and my shower. I have to finish it with our wedding photo’s!

Post # 25
3761 posts
Honey bee

It was really nice on the wedding day to have a gift from him.  I told him I wanted something that I could look back on 30 years from now and remember our wedding day.  I would have loved a gift like a camera or sorts, but thats just a gift and not something I would keep as a memory later into marriage. 

Post # 26
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
@soon2bewed925: Thanks~! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 27
388 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

No, we didn’t.  I didn’t feel like spending the money or thinking up a gift, and the whole thing was so awesome I didn’t feel like we really needed presents (also we got married two weeks before Christmas!). 

Also, my husband doesn’t even know about the tradition of wedding gifts (or if he does, he never mentioned it) so I didn’t want to be like, “So, you’re supposed to give me a present on our wedding day.”  Awkward!

Post # 28
496 posts
Helper bee

Yes, we did.  My husband gave me a beautiful sterling bracelet that I got to wear on our wedding day and I’ll cherish it forever…and maybe pass down to future children!  I gave him a pair of cufflinks and a love note, which apparently helped calm his nerves down A LOT the morning of our ceremony.  I think it’s really romantic to at least pass a note between one another, especially if you don’t see one another until you walk down that isle…it’ll make for a wonderful keepsake ๐Ÿ™‚  The idea of the gift exchange was to have a part of each of us there with the other on the morning of the wedding…I’m really glad we did it.  It didn’t matter how much we spent necessarily…it was just a wonderful experience opening his gift with my lovely ladies and family around me!

Post # 29
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Much like jmc my husband didn’t know that gifts are exchanged between couples.  I’m 100% sure he still doesn’t know.

Anyways, I surprised my husband at the wedding with the mascot from his favorite sports team showing up with the grooms cake (which was also a surprise).  He loved it!  A lot of our guests did.  To both of our surprise the mascot showed up with a goody bag full of team merchandise.  That was cool.

By the way I love the rock gift caszos, and I think the boudier photo’s are a really good idea.  Guys love that stuff.

Post # 30
2271 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I paid for the wedding, reception and pig roast. He paid for the honeymoon. We figured that was enough!

Post # 31
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

i got him a card and a flask with our wedding date engraved on it ๐Ÿ™‚ hubby got me a card  ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Married Bees – did you & your hubby/wife give each other wedding gifts?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors