(Closed) Married Bees that had large guest lists (250+)…

posted 5 years ago in Recaps
Post # 3
1598 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m not married yet, but our guest list is at 290. YIKES!!!

We probably won’t do a formal receiving line because we are getting married at a theater. But we will probably have a short “mingle” session in the lobby right after the ceremony. I know this won’t give us time to see/hug/talk to every single person, but maybe we can mingle with half the guests here, then half the guests at the reception.

Also, where I live, and in my culture, the bridal dance is a vital part of every single wedding I’ve ever been to. (wrongly called “the dollar dance.” cringe. hate that term). Anyway, this gives the bride and groom a chance to dance with and mingle with every guest. And money isn’t even really the focus. So I think this tradition solves this problem. 

I know a lot of people are “offended” by this tradition (although I am still totally BAFFLED by that), but it is an amazing way to have fun with as many guests as possible in a short amount of time. 

Would you consider something like that?

Post # 4
7271 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

@BulldogBride:  I’m not married yet either but I’m having a large wedding (300) and I have been struggling with this for awhile so I’m hoping to see what other brides did!

I’m planning on doing a reception line at the ceremony. I’ve seen other posts that suggest that I don’t do this because people hate waiting in line, but my pastor strongly  advised that I do this as he said most other couples that he’s married (even couples with this many guests) do this. If someone is at the ceremony only you may not get a chance to greet them if you avoid a reception line at the ceremony. I’m planning on asking him to announce that we are having a reception line, but that we will also be greeting guests at the hall (so that people won’t feel obligated to go through the line). However, I’m not sure how to “mingle” with them at th reception hall!

Post # 6
3276 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

We’re having 400 people. We will be doing a receiving line and a dollar dance. We are both from the same small town with huge families (150+). I prolly won’t see most guests at the reception, but honestly I don’t care. There’s no one coming I don’t see regularly so I’m just focusing on spending time with my husband.  

Post # 7
1159 posts
Bumble bee

I’m inviting 450 people but because its destination and most of my relatives are overseas, were estimating around 200.

I will greet everyone at the reception straight after dinner. 

The topic ‘Married Bees that had large guest lists (250+)…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors